cali wrote: »
    CONFIRMED:

DED reads the comment section.

Did you request it, too?
  • Reply 42 of 57
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    apple ][ wrote: »
    jim gramze wrote: »
    There will be pizza and a 2-liter bottle of pop for the show. 

Where are you from? It's kind of strange to use the word pop to describe soda. I'm east coast, and nobody here calls it that. Maybe you're west coast or something?

Did it occur to you do a search!?
  • Reply 43 of 57
    D:
  • Reply 44 of 57
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Where are you from? It's kind of strange to use the word pop to describe soda. I'm east coast, and nobody here calls it that. Maybe you're west coast or something?

Short for Soda "pop" we use it in Michigan...maybe the Mid-West region of the country.

• Reply 45 of 57
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Short for Soda "pop" we use it in Michigan...maybe the Mid-West region of the country.

• Reply 46 of 57
    ecsecs Posts: 307member
    This article looks like "please don't get upset today if there isn't anything new"
  • Reply 47 of 57
    red oak wrote: »
    I understand and appreciate Apple taking its time to get things right.  But having an 9 month annual quite period and then just releasing an updated version of the iPhone and iPad is not a middle or long term sustainable strategy.   Apple had the whole technology industry back-peddling and in disbelief four years ago.  Not so today.  Everything seems to take extending periods of time, sometimes over the course of years

With the assets Apple has had  (iOS including latest version take rate, iPhone US mkt share, demographics) I frankly thought the company would be further ahead in their product and service plans by now  

Somehow you have a peculiar sense of time. Apple announces their most important products at the very best time of the year, then markets those products through the end of the year. It's that time after the first of the year and WWDC that really only "seem" quiet because the competition can haul out their revised crap that didn't sell as expected before the end of the year. Yet Apple is releasing new and effective commercials, lower the cost of iPads leading into the school buying cycle, and opening a whole raft of new Apple stores around the world. Apple is very aggressively taking care of business and doing it in a quiet way to avoid having competitors notice what's really going on.

My last point related to market share... Apple has said more then once, they do not use market share to gauge success. Such a measure is common for (a) manufacturers of commodity products, and (b) the iidée fixe of pundits who cannot understand how a luxury market functions, or how a high-end manufacturer must operate to keep its products out of the morass of commodity-think.
  • Reply 48 of 57
    wizard69 wrote: »
    Why would they do this? Any new products will debut at WWDC or later which clues in the consumer. If the consumer needs more detail they have the net and the Apple stores.

About the only thing I see Apple needing to do is to expand developer outreach. It is rather pathetic that these shows actually sell out so fast. Not for Apple obviously but for all the developers that can't attend. Apple has addressed this somewhat but they need to go further and support a wide road show. Sort of like technology boot camps where developers across the globe can update themselves in their local cities.

Soon the developers will be beamed aboard the mother ship which will be large enough to accommodate everyone. Only a few more years, young grasshopper...
  • Reply 49 of 57
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Concise but effective as ever.

'every crumble of grumble they can find.' Funny phrase!

Those vitriolic, scathing critics should be taking a large slice of humble pie instead of gorging themselves on Apple grumble and custard.
  • Reply 50 of 57
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    solipsismx wrote: »

A must larger geographical region of the US appears to say pop than soda and I'd say it's even a higher number of the population.

I tend to say the brand name Coke as I was raised in a more Southern State. That usage probably arose because Coca-Cola is out of Atlanta, GA. After that I would probably say cola.

As a kid I remember ordering a soda in a restaurant in Tampa, FL and the waitress having an awkward reaction to that seemingly simple request. I confirmed my order and she came back with what looked like Sprite of 7-UP. She had brought me soda water which tasted awful. That was probably the last time I used the word soda. Plus, I'm one of those people that like the taste of Coke but not the taste of Pepsi so ordering specifically Coke is better for communication.

• www.popvssoda.com (map)
    • en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_for_soft_drinks_in_the_United_States

I would say coke (lower c) for Coke. Coke is also what my parents used to refer to as coal.
  • Reply 51 of 57
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Dr. Dre
    Dr. Dre
    Dr. Dre
  • Reply 52 of 57
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Too many Archie comic books or he's old. :lol:
  • Reply 53 of 57

That's interesting. I didn't think anyone used 'pop' anymore. There were old time pop shops in NYC up until 10-20 years ago. Most are all gone as is the use of the word.
  • Reply 54 of 57
    solipsismx wrote: »
    I don't get it.

And that's a good thing; better to be a giver than a getter. ;)
  • Reply 55 of 57
    rufworkrufwork Posts: 130member

How did we get this far into comments without GIVING IT UP FOR BALLMER!!!1!

Nobody's all about the D like B.

• Reply 56 of 57
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by rufwork View Post

How did we get this far into comments without GIVING IT UP FOR BALLMER!!!1!

Wasn’t it the first comment?

• Reply 57 of 57
    rufworkrufwork Posts: 130member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Wasn’t it the first comment?

Embedded YouTube or it doesn't exist.

But otherwise yes, you're right.