Apple announces OS X 10.10 Yosemite with new interface, enhanced apps & continuity

Comments

• Reply 21 of 141
    visualzonevisualzone Posts: 298member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

I was wondering when you were gonna use that card :err:

Sorry, but I don't drink the Kool-Aid from anyone. All you have to do is check my previous posts and see how supportive of Apple I've been. BUT I don't have to agree with them ALL the time.

• Reply 22 of 141
    bergermeisterbergermeister Posts: 6,784member

I like some of the new functionality, but, like others above, the UI does not impress me at all.  

Translucency?  They better make sure that kind of unneeded irritation can be turned off.

• Reply 23 of 141
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by VisualZone View Post

Sorry, but I don't drink the Kool-Aid from anyone.

Shut up and go away.

• Reply 24 of 141
    ipenipen Posts: 410member

Apple's giving up on cats?

• Reply 25 of 141
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    ipen wrote: »

Welcome to WWDC 2013!
  • Reply 26 of 141
    darryn lowedarryn lowe Posts: 250member
    ipen wrote: »
    where we're you last year. You do know Mavericks isn't a cat an Apple explained all that at WWDC last year right?
  • Reply 27 of 141
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Quote:

Aw, did I hurt your feelings? I use Windows and have for years but I sure wouldn't use Windows 8. In fact it looks like some of Windows 8 was copied into OS 10.10. I'll still with Windows 7 and when it comes to Apple, Mavericks will do. Btw, I've used Apple products for many years.

Have you used Windows 8 recently?  I was Windows7 all the way up until they came out with their Win8.1 update 1 release.  Windows 8 is (finally) a worthy upgrade to Windows 7 at it's current release.  They made it more mouse/keyboard friendly.  I started using Windows 8 almost exclusively now, and it has been rock-solid stable.  Windows 7 has just about been relegated to the dust bin for me.

The one thing I still don't like about Win 8 is the way it attempts to hijack my local account when I tried using the app store.  I tell people NOT to sign in with an email address, but as a local user and avoid using the app store.  I hate that I have to enter an email address/password to get in to my PC.  That prevents me giving it a 100% recommendation.  They should only require it for App store purchases/downloads, but not create an entire account from it.  That would make a complete mess on the enterprise level I would think.

This of course, is all done via VMWare's Fusion on both my macs.  

• Reply 28 of 141
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Frederighi is bloody brilliant.
  • Reply 29 of 141
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Frederighi is bloody brilliant.

I am enjoying the additional jokes at this WWDC but I felt the backstage video was too campy.
  • Reply 30 of 141
    quadra 610quadra 610 Posts: 6,757member

It looks stunning. 

• Reply 31 of 141
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I am enjoying the additional jokes at this WWDC but I felt the backstage video was too campy.

Remember Steve’s front-stage event of having Phil jump off the stage with an iBook? And the “magician” bit with the hula hoop?

• Reply 32 of 141
    bdj1bdj1 Posts: 13member
    Quote:

One more thing...what's up with these GUI designers these days? Too damn over simplified for my liking. May as well go back to 256 colours.

They blend in the background into the foreground blurring any information together making it useless.

• Reply 33 of 141
    cnocbuicnocbui Posts: 3,613member

Oh look, clean and simple round icons - Apple's copied Samsung's Tizen:

And no, Apple did not have them in iOS first - as Dilger claimed - they were demonstrated in a Tizen beta before iOS was ever demoed.

Doesn't matter of course, no one has a patent on circles.

• Reply 34 of 141
    Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

So you’re a moron, then. Good to know.

• Reply 35 of 141
    How about more under the hood improvements? how about a more modern filesystem for example? or we have to wait for 10.11 and this is just a maintenance release?
    How about Maps and iOS maps with public transport timetables? How about FaceTime calls that do not show missed calls among different device if I take the call on one of them?
    This WWDC is a bit of a let down.
    And I am not even commenting on the total lack of announcements for new hardware.
  • Reply 36 of 141
    Originally Posted by pakitt View Post

This WWDC is a bit of a let down.

Come off it.

And I am not even commenting on the total lack of announcements for new hardware.

Shut up.

• Reply 37 of 141
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cnocbui View Post

• Reply 38 of 141
    visualzonevisualzone Posts: 298member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Shut up and go away.

Let the pissing begin!! NOT!!  What's that old saying about having nothing good to say? Oh yeah, when you have nothing good to say about someone then don't say anything at all. ;) See you in the funny pages.

• Reply 39 of 141

Oh yeah, when you have nothing good to say about someone then don't say anything at all.

So why did YOU post, then?

• Reply 40 of 141
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Quote:

What's that old saying about having nothing good to say?

So... why are you typing again? :???: