Monday at WWDC: Apple delivers big surprises as most predictions ended up wrong

Comments

• Reply 41 of 97
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    jumpcutter wrote: »
    Yes, It was a big surprise, to some, that Apple did not deliver anything of substance at WWDC. One big smoke screen involving the 2 operating systems. Why don,t Apple just merge the two systems into 1. They basically look the same with the flat Johnny Ive simple look. Apple was much better when they cared about the computer and not the iPhones and iPads. No Mac mini update for almost 2 years. No "new" products as advertised. Tim Cook is sending Eddy Cue out to promote these non existent products. Why don't Apple just not do anything with the computers anymore, just the mobile devices. Forgive me people, but I do not believe a thing Apple says anymore. They just lie.  

Dumbest post of the day!
  • Reply 42 of 97
    waterrocketswaterrockets Posts: 1,231member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by rob53 View Post

from Google search to Microsoft Bing search, at least per a very good article on electronista through macnn, "Analysis: Apple launches total war against Android"

I have no problem whatsoever with this change in search vendor. Let Apple grab the search results from someone else and present them in a more meaningful way (sans ads).

I get so much better results out of Google though. I try Bing for a day every few months, but I think that Google knows enough about me that I find what I'm looking for a bit faster most of the time.

• Reply 43 of 97
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpcutter View Post

Why don,t Apple just merge the two systems into 1. 

Because it's a retarded idea, that's why.

You should use Windows. Apple is clearly not for you or your type.

I also don't trust people who sign up just to whine in their first post.

• Reply 44 of 97
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Perhaps the biggest surprise was the selling of refurbished Beats.
    Gross.
  • Reply 45 of 97
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Gross.

Dude, I've been critical of the Beats deal also, but you're just spouting nonsense right now, because if you're talking about the deals that were posted on this site yesterday, then those refurbished Beats headphones have nothing to do with Apple at all. They're being sold by a third party seller.

• Reply 46 of 97
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member
    Who cares? It's a WWDC deal, Dude.
  • Reply 47 of 97
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    Yes, It was a big surprise, to some, that Apple did not deliver anything of substance at WWDC. One big smoke screen involving the 2 operating systems. Why don,t Apple just merge the two systems into 1. They basically look the same with the flat Johnny Ive simple look. Apple was much better when they cared about the computer and not the iPhones and iPads. No Mac mini update for almost 2 years. No "new" products as advertised. Tim Cook is sending Eddy Cue out to promote these non existent products. Why don't Apple just not do anything with the computers anymore, just the mobile devices. Forgive me people, but I do not believe a thing Apple says anymore. They just lie.  

Apple focuses on mobile devices because that's where they make their money. They aren't in business to win the jumpcutter award for best business.
  • Reply 48 of 97
    Surprise, we cleaned the house and did the grocery shopping! (Yawn).

Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing ready for months.
  • Reply 49 of 97
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by pazuzu View Post

Gross.

Groan. You're back with your drivel.....

• Reply 50 of 97
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by manfrommars View Post

Surprise, we cleaned the house and did the grocery shopping! (Yawn).

Nothing new, nothing interesting, nothing ready for months.

Looks like you will have a lot of groceries (and VERY clean house).

• Reply 51 of 97
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    jungmark wrote: »
    Dumbest post of the day!

Give him time...the day isn't over yet!
  • Reply 52 of 97
    boltsfan17boltsfan17 Posts: 2,294member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

listening to all these financial analysts on Bloomberg and CNBC is hilarious! It's almost like they're reading from the same script. All of them disappointed because no new hardware was announced yesterday. All of them saying that hardware is more important to Apple than software is. Even though a lot of these clowns are the same ones claiming Apple is doomed because they're too much of a hardware company. image

What I'm getting a kick out of though are the butt hurt Apple bloggers annoyed because their leaks/predictions were inaccurate. Mark Gurman actually tweeted that he thinks Apple changes the name and UI for their health app because of the things he leaked. He's just pissed because what he leaked turned out to be wrong. What's sad though is all the attention he's getting as though he's an authority on all things Apple. He was on Twit last night and was decidedly 'meh' on everything Apple announced saying that all it's doing is catching them up to where Android already is. Again he was just butt hurt because he didn't have the inside scoop on a lot of the things Apple did announce yesterday. He had nothing on 3rd party keyboards, inter app communications, opening up Touch ID to 3rd parties, new programming language. He had none of that. And he predicted hardware announcements which we didn't get. And just as I'm typing this I see he's going to be a guest on CNBC this morning. Sigh. image

I would love to have a job and get paid to spew b.s. all day long. I'm so sick of these stupid analysts. I wonder what happened to that idiot who said Apple will be out of business if they don't release an iWatch in the next 60 days? These analysts have no clue. It's the great software and integration between devices that makes Apple's hardware a huge step above everyone else. I know some of the new iOS features have been available on Android, but what Apple releases is far superior. It's not about Apple catching up, its about Apple polishing features and not rushing to release just for the specs like you see on Android. If these analysts were running Apple, the company would be in bankruptcy protection right now. 

• Reply 53 of 97
    paxmanpaxman Posts: 4,729member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by poksi View Post

Extensions, Integration of OS X and iOS, iCloud Drive, Enterprise, HomeKit, Touch ID API, HealthKit, Spotlight, beautiful new OS X (iOS should go this road, too!), .... and Swift!

It was overwhelming!

Best WWDC in 12 years!

Gotta agree. This was an amazing presentation with a jaw dropping rollout of features, new and refurbished. Some more useful than others, of course. The ability to begin an email on one device and complete it on another seems gimmicky, to me, but the auto hotspot, the ability to answer and place calls directly from any device, the new messaging features, the new Spotlight etc are potentially truly great features. 

I pray the implementation will be as smooth as the presentation!

• Reply 54 of 97
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

One big smoke screen involving the 2 operating systems.

Telling everyone about the OS’ is a “smokescreen”?

Why don,t Apple just merge the two systems into 1.

Because they’re not morons.

They basically look the same with the flat Johnny Ive simple look.

Oh, I see. They LOOK the same. Well, that settles it. That MUST mean they’re identical.

No "new" products as advertised.

New products were not advertised. New products were not rumored. Take your FUD and shove it.

Tim Cook is sending Eddy Cue out to promote these non existent products.

This is not happening. Stop being a liar.

• Reply 55 of 97
    bushman4bushman4 Posts: 858member
    Predictions end up wrong but not totally wrong. And hopefully when Apple releases it's hardware later in the year we'll see more favorable surprises
  • Reply 56 of 97
    rogifan wrote: »
    Apple should tell Yahoo if they ever want to do deep integration with iOS they need to clean up their anti-Apple drivel. Go to Yahoo Finance any day of the week and there is a hit piece on Apple. I just went there this morning to see how Apple stock was doing and I come across this stupid article from some CNNMoney contributor. :rolleyes:

http://us.rd.yahoo.com/finance/external/cnnm/SIG=12pgutk29/*http://money.cnn.com/2014/06/03/technology/mobile/apple-wwdc-android-windows/index.html?source=yahoo_quote

It may be market drivel, but I don't know that Internet news should be "curated" like that. The last thing you want is for Yahoo! or Apple is to turn their financial new wire into a marketing or PR-approved channel. If it was noticeably uncritical of Apple (or Yahoo!) it could lose credibility for being a biased news source. Unfortunately, legit news sources invite bloggers and muck rakers to post drivel on their site, because like any business, they need to drive readership. So it's unavoidable.
  • Reply 57 of 97

Are you personally waiting for a new Mac mini, or was it convenient target for your rant?
  • Reply 58 of 97
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Apple is like a fine wine. All in good time....

Looks like the market is finally getting it.

After consuming the vintage wine, I want to take the empty bottle and bash Google over the head with it. Metaphorically.

• Reply 59 of 97
    danoxdanox Posts: 2,847member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jumpcutter View Post

Bye Bye!

• Reply 60 of 97
    suddenly newtonsuddenly newton Posts: 13,819member
    pazuzu wrote: »
    Gross.

The Apple Stores sell lots of non-gross things. Funny you should focus on that. Almost like you were picking out an item to troll about. ;)