Apple debuts iCloud Drive for OS X, brings file storage and sharing across devices

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    ddawson100 wrote: »
    Pricing please!

I wonder if they'll consolidate paying for subscription services. iCloud Drive & Beats/iTunes together. Something like what Amazon has done by bundling so much under one offering. More importantly, bundling it all under one easy-to-understand annual cost. ("iPrime!")

Update: I see pricing was announced. I have yet to view the whole keynote.
    Id like that too. And you forgot about iTunes Match.
    Something I missed- I assume this and photos are going to be combined in our iCloud storage/pricing?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    Don't expect Apple to include some useful syncing features provided by Dropbox or other syncing services. Dropbox's Selective file syncing, for example, will almost certainly not be implemented with iCloud Drive. Want to sync files on external drives? Not going to happen with iCloud Drive, you'll have to use Insync combined with Google Drive to accomplish that. iCloud drive is long overdue and will serve most average users very well but it will not replace the feature set that most paying customers of Dropbox or Google Drive demand.
  • Reply 23 of 24

Don't expect Apple to include some useful syncing features provided by Dropbox or other syncing services. Dropbox's Selective file syncing, for example, will almost certainly not be implemented with iCloud Drive. Want to sync files on external drives? Not going to happen with iCloud Drive, you'll have to use Insync combined with Google Drive to accomplish that. iCloud drive is long overdue and will serve most average users very well but it will not replace the feature set that most paying customers of Dropbox or Google Drive demand.

• Reply 24 of 24
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by bklynguy999 View Post

Don't expect Apple to include some useful syncing features provided by Dropbox or other syncing services.

Hi, paid Dropbox shill. Why not provide proof of your claim instead of being a moron?

Dropbox's Selective file syncing, for example, will almost certainly not be implemented with iCloud Drive.

Prove it.

Want to sync files on external drives? Not going to happen with iCloud Drive…

Prove it.

…it will not replace the feature set that most paying customers of Dropbox or Google Drive demand.

Prove it.