Apple buys Palm... and Be

zozo
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Lets say Apple does buy Palm... besides having instant access to millions of customers and finally a good hold in the corporate environment. What would Apple have to gain from buying Palm?

Palm market share is receding and it feels like a repeat of Apple in the 80s. Huge market share... and then a few years later, bam, here we are at 5% market share.

If the iWalk is real, I would be 99.9% sure that it would emulate PalmOS and therefore use both Newton and PalmOS apps without a hitch. It would be suicide to do so otherwise.

I know very well that corporate people and others scoff at Apple and would never buy anything from Apple. I would think that if Apple were to buy Palm a ton of corporate acounts would instantly jump to PocketPC solutions. Apple would have to be very careful to make sure that they create confidence and dependability, etc.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    [quote] If the iWalk is real <hr></blockquote>

You see, IF the iWalk were real it'd be worth something but it's not so...

If you don't beleive me download all the photo's and movies and do a VERY close 300-400% inspection and you will see that it's fake as a 3 dollar bill.

<a href="http://jamesmeister.com/iwalk"; target="_blank">my ideas on this.</a>

Mac Guru
  • Reply 2 of 3
    zozo Posts: 3,117member
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Guru:

<strong>

You see, IF the iWalk were real it'd be worth something but it's not so...

If you don't beleive me download all the photo's and movies and do a VERY close 300-400% inspection and you will see that it's fake as a 3 dollar bill.

<a href="http://jamesmeister.com/iwalk"; target="_blank">my ideas on this.</a>

Mac Guru</strong><hr></blockquote>

I dont want to make this anothe "iWalk is fake" thread, but don't you think that at 3-400% zoom you are going to have major artifacts coming up because of compression.

I know that some video I compress (Im amateure at best) comes out like crap if compressed beyond a certain amount.

Anyway, back on subject... would it really make sense for Apple to buy Palm?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    If you watch the "say hello" video and zoom it full screen, you can see that the generated text never moves while the rest of the unit does.

Anyway, didn't Apple try and buy Palm before? Would they have a better chance now that Palm is not doing as well? I do not really see what the benefit would be, other than gaining lots of instant customers.