Question for all you Satellite Buffs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Ok, I'm trying to get my big dish set up for the keynote tomorrow since I have to go to school early. G3 (Galaxy 3) has "NFL4-ov" on channel (transponder) 5. Is that what it's supposed to say (is it the same on yours)? I only ask because it didn't say NFL anything when I watched the MWNY keynote. I know I could just watch TechTV, but I don't want any stupid commentary or commercials. Also, since I have to tape it, how much in advance should I do it, and how long after 11:00 PST (2:00 EST) should I record, assuming he goes over 2 hrs? Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    I think you have it set to record an NFL game that doesn't exist.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    icomicom Posts: 41member
    What about Europe ? Can we see it here through satellite ? If you have the info, please post it
  • Reply 3 of 7
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    It's very possible that I could be taping a NFL game (which I would NEVER do if I knew it), but that NFL game would be on the channel that the Stevenote is meant to be on, G3 5. I imagine Europe can get the keynote, either on that Galaxy 3 satellite or Tech TV.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>...I imagine Europe can get the keynote, either on that Galaxy 3 satellite or Tech TV.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Don't wanna watch techTV and galaxy is way to low on the horizon for us, we can only go to max 80°
  • Reply 5 of 7
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    I wouldn't know that, living in the US. Maybe Apple is showing the keynote at a location near you like they do here.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    Nope, they don't

The only time when we heared something from them was when the ibook was introduced . A few commercials on the radio..

They don't do much here in Belgium
  • Reply 7 of 7
    glurxglurx Posts: 1,031member
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>Ok, I'm trying to get my big dish set up for the keynote tomorrow since I have to go to school early. G3 (Galaxy 3) has "NFL4-ov" on channel (transponder) 5. Is that what it's supposed to say (is it the same on yours)? I only ask because it didn't say NFL anything when I watched the MWNY keynote. I know I could just watch TechTV, but I don't want any stupid commentary or commercials. Also, since I have to tape it, how much in advance should I do it, and how long after 11:00 PST (2:00 EST) should I record, assuming he goes over 2 hrs? Thanks.</strong><hr></blockquote>

The NFL game is part of the <a href="http://www.nfl.com/ticket/"; target="_blank"> NFL Sunday Ticket</a> package.

I'm recording until noon. They usually feed commercials and promo stuff after the keynote broadcast.