Google focuses on fashion with new Glass frames from designer Diane von Furstenberg

Comments

• Reply 141 of 169
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Oh sure. He was fine in the Crystal Skull; it was just the rest of the film that wasn't.

To paraphrase Indiana Jones, "[Harrison Ford] belongs in a museum!"
    Calling me names. Really?

In his defense he said you're acting like one, he did not say you are one. He has made other ad hominem attacks but not there.

tt92618 wrote: »
    Tat ta for now!

Which translates to "I'm writing my next comment right now."

PS: We look forward too you showering us with your technologism..
  • Reply 142 of 169
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by tt92618 View Post

Tat ta for now!

When you have an argument other than “I’m leaving, therefore I’m right”, feel free to let us know.

BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAVE. AND YOU NEVER ACTUALLY LEAVE.

• Reply 143 of 169
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

When you have an argument other than “I’m leaving, therefore I’m right”, feel free to let us know.

BECAUSE YOU NEVER HAVE. AND YOU NEVER ACTUALLY LEAVE.

That's the thing about Tekstud... Same old $#*t, different name.

• Reply 144 of 169

Well that escalated quickly, don't ever argue with a technologist, no matter what they are always correct.  And when they're wrong, you are a douche bag. 

• Reply 145 of 169
    solipsismx wrote: »
    In his defense he said you're acting like one, he did not say you are one. He has made other ad hominem attacks but not there.

A technicality. The difference between a simile and metaphor isn't enough to excuse that comment. You know what he meant.
  • Reply 146 of 169
    solipsismx wrote: »
    He broke his leg. He's out for an estimated 6 months and he's a major focus of the film but Disney wants the movie to launch in December 2015 (18 months). So they may have to rewrite it or delay it. Personally I hope they don't cut corners but frankly I've been over Star Wars since the prequels so I have no personal, only professional, desire.

I am looking forward to Guardians of the Galaxy.

Why can't Han Solo have a broken leg? Or just do the new thing and do a digital "head replacement" of Harrison's head on a body double. They did it with Armie Hammer in The Social Network.
  • Reply 147 of 169
    r2d2r2d2 Posts: 95member
    Quote:

. . . you don't even have the intellectual honesty (or perhaps capacity) to recognize that you are biased - tremendously so.  

Apple insider is, in general, a den of irrationality . . .

Being the biggest douche in the room, or swinging your dick around harder than the rest of the monkeys, doesn't establish your superiority or make you an endearing human . . .

Quote:

I simply like cool technology, and I'm happy to recognize it wherever it comes from, and regardless of the logo affixed to it.

You are irrational - you and the rest of the fanzis here.  You are truly irrational in your absolute hatred, mockery, and dismissive attitudes towards anything non-Apple.

It is really sad the way you willingly lobotomize yourselves and render yourselves incapable of gaining value of benefit from non-Apple products.  You can't even bring yourselves to admit it when someone else does something neat.

I see no reason to slavishly tie myself to any particular company.  I don't need to invest a fragile ego into feeling superior about a stupid product and my support of it.  Quite the opposite - I get value from being willing to evaluate technologies on the benefit of the technologies alone.  Because ultimately I have more opportunities doing so.

So, I'm not the only one who feels this way!

• Reply 148 of 169
    tt92618tt92618 Posts: 444member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Suddenly Newton View Post

A technicality. The difference between a simile and metaphor isn't enough to excuse that comment. You know what he meant.

You are right, it IS a technicality.  And one I consider mostly irrelevant, since you got exactly what you deserved.  Don't talk about ad hominem attacks while intentionally mocking and baiting someone, it's just silly.

You and several others today have spent an inordinate amount of time mocking me, the person, instead of talking civilly about the ideas I brought to the table.  And I've noticed that this pattern of communication pretty much typifies how you behave here.  So I'm going to treat you with the disrespect and contempt with which behavior of that sort roundly deserves, rather than allow you to skate by because you choose not to be overt or direct.  Overt or not, we all know what you mean when you patronize and snark at someone - you are belittling them as people and at the same time studiously avoiding an actual debate.  I presume that's because you haven't got anything intelligent to actually say.  

Perhaps it would be better if I just looked the other way, but I'm in a bit of an off mood today and I don't feel like letting ignorant kiddies flap gum at my expense.  So I'm letting you know what obnoxious twits you actually are.  If you want to have a civil debate, I'm happy.  But if you want to openly mock and deride me, then I'm going to very directly let you know what how imbecilic you are behaving.

• Reply 149 of 169
    ...instead of talking civilly about the ideas I brought to the table.

No, we clearly mocked your comments, but only after you got upset with logical and systematic dismantling of your poorly contrived arguments.
  • Reply 150 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

No, we clearly mocked your comments, but only after you got upset with logical and systematic dismantling of your poorly contrived arguments.

There was nothing systematic or logical about what you said.  The conversation went south when you kept insisting that Google F'd up, and then aimed that same nonsense at me personally.  And I called you on it, and then you responded by mocking me.

You got exactly what you deserved, and i'll happily bring more of it to you if you would like.

On the other hand if you'd like to start refraining from personal insults and generally obnoxious, degrading behavior, I will do likewise.

• Reply 151 of 169
    You got exactly what you deserved, and i'll happily bring more of it to you if you would like.

I got what I deserved?

PS: Google fucked up.
  • Reply 152 of 169
    Quote:

I got what I deserved?

Yes you did.  When you openly mock and antagonize people, you shouldn't be surprised when they turn around and clock you.  If you aren't willing to receive the kind of treatment you dish out, you might want to consider changing your behavior.

And yes, I get the 'koo koo' reference - it's more of the juvenile and antagonistic behavior that got this whole mess started to begin with.  And like the rest, it serves to show what an utter moronic twit you are.

In any case, although I've found it very entertaining, i'm going to block you now.  But i've decide to stick around so that I can irritate you as often as possible by doing more than simply joining the 'Apple good, all others crappy' caveman chorus.

• Reply 153 of 169
    Quote:

I got what I deserved?

This is clearly a case of being able to dish it out but not being able to take it. Try exercising a little emotional maturity.

• Reply 154 of 169
    Yes you did.  When you openly mock and antagonize people, you shouldn't be surprised when they turn around and clock you.  If you aren't willing to receive the kind of treatment you dish out, you might want to consider changing your behavior.

In any case, although I've found it very entertaining, i'm going to block you now.  But i've decide to stick around so that I can irritate you as often as possible by doing more than simply joining the 'Apple good, all others crappy' caveman chorus.

Wow! If you think your comments are "clocking me" which is somehow putting me in my place I would love to know what you've written that would lead you to that conclusion.

Funny, you keep making personal attacks while constantly claiming others are making them toward you yet you seem to be the only upset by comments that tear apart your passport comments while everyone else is laughing at your attempts to attacks others. I say keep it up. Knock yourself out. Now that I know you're trying to hurt my feelings I'll see what I can do to massage your ego.

PS: Google fucked up. (That's not a personal attack. Now if I said someone's parents fucked up that would be a personal attack against said person, but I would never say that.)
  • Reply 155 of 169
    Quote:

Wow! If you think your comments are "clocking me" which is somehow putting me in my place I would love to know what you've written that would lead you to that conclusion.

Funny, you keep making personal attacks while constantly claiming others are making them toward you yet you seem to be the only upset by comments that tear apart your passport comments while everyone else is laughing at your attempts to attacks others. I say keep it up. Knock yourself out. Now that I know you're trying to hurt my feelings I'll see what I can do to massage your ego.

PS: Google fucked up. (That's not a personal attack. Now if I said your parents fucked up that would be a personal attack, but I would never say that.)

What a turd you are.  "Now if I said your parents f'd up".  That's just amazing - what a disingenuous prick.    See, that's the sort of passive aggressive nonsense I'm calling you on.  You and I both know that by saying that, you insulted me while simultaneously attempting to pretend you didn't.  And I suppose that there are many people who wouldn't have been insightful enough to pick up on that, or who might otherwise have elected to let it slide by like the slick piece of sewer directed effluent it is.  But i'm not presently so inclined.

And yes, I am personally attacking you.  Yes - I am indeed doing so, because you chose to direct your passive-aggressive patronizing BS my way.  And I just want to make sure you recognize I'm not stupid enough to have failed to notice, nor am I intimidated enough by your copious use of the 'report' button to care if I get banned from this useless forum anyway.  At least if that happens, I will have clued at least one trollish imbecile (you) into the knowledge that their behavior is oafish, immature, and destined for a bad outcome.

So be aware that I'll continue to directly attack you and antagonize you each and every time you choose to try and slyly and indirectly attack and antagonize me.  Because I see no reason to tap dance and pretend there is a civil discussion going on when there isn't.

Again, when you choose to stop acting like a puerile child, I'll stop telling you that you are.  Or I'll stop when I'm banned.  But as long as you choose to come to the table with backhanded insults and general antagonism, I'll be happy to return a direct response that clearly spells out what a childish nitwit you are being.

• Reply 156 of 169
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    r2d2 wrote: »

So, I'm not the only one who feels this way!

There's Star Wars talk. And you respond to this? You sadden me R2D2...
  • Reply 157 of 169
    What a turd you are.  "Now if I said your parents f'd up".  That's just amazing - what a disingenuous prick.    See, that's the sort of passive aggressive nonsense I'm calling you on.  You and I both know that by saying that, you insulted me while simultaneously attempting to pretend you didn't.  And I suppose that there are many people who wouldn't have been insightful enough to pick up on that, or who might otherwise have elected to let it slide by like the slick piece of sewer directed effluent it is.  But i'm not presently so inclined.

I defended your sphincter comment as it wasn't technically an ad hominem but now you want to get all upset by making an inference? Seems like you want to dish it out (feebly) but you can't take it. Shame on your comments for being constantly irrational and hypocritical.
    And yes, I am personally attacking you.  Yes - I am indeed doing so, because you chose to direct your passive-aggressive patronizing BS my way.

No need to point it out now as you've been attacking people in this thread all day for not agreeing with your comments. That's the problem people are having with your comments.
    And I just want to make sure you recognize I'm not stupid enough to have failed to notice, nor am I intimidated enough by your copious use of the 'report' button to care if I get banned from this useless forum anyway.  At least if that happens, I will have clued at least one trollish imbecile (you) into the knowledge that their behavior is oafish, immature, and destined for a bad outcome.

I only ever use it to report other people being attacked, and I have yet to report you for anything in this thread nor intend to
    So be aware that I'll continue to directly attack you and antagonize you each and every time you choose to try and slyly and indirectly attack and antagonize me.  Because I see no reason to tap dance and pretend there is a civil discussion going on when there isn't.

If you feel a need to personally attack me I give you carte blanche to do your worst but I guarantee you attacking me directly will not affect on my ability to repeatedly tear down your contradictory comments with my attempts at humour and wit.
    Again, when you choose to stop acting like a puerile child, I'll stop telling you that you are.  Or I'll stop when I'm banned.

That sounds like trollish behavior to me. Why not try to evaluate why others thought your comments were flawed instead of just attacking them? Perhaps you could have used that to refine your position, use better language that properly conveyed your point more clearly, or even thought about the concepts and reasons you were took the time to write instead of calling them names and claiming that you're a technologist who is platform agnostic in some weird attempt to get people to instantly respect what you have to say without any substance to back it up.
    But as long as you choose to come to the table with backhanded insults and general antagonism, I'll be happy to return a direct response that clearly spells out what a childish nitwit you are being.

Do what you can. Cards on the table: I'm just curious how many times you can post in this thread in a 24 hour period.
  • Reply 158 of 169
    andysol wrote: »

Speaking of Star Wars and The Guardians of the Galaxy I thought this was done well.

[VIDEO]
  • Reply 159 of 169
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Lol - sorry to disappoint! I am patiently waiting for the next Battlefront for PS4 as well as the movie!

• Reply 160 of 169
    Quote:

You and several others today have spent an inordinate amount of time mocking me, the person, instead of talking civilly about the ideas I brought to the table.  And I've noticed that this pattern of communication pretty much typifies how you behave here.  So I'm going to treat you with the disrespect and contempt with which behavior of that sort roundly deserves, rather than allow you to skate by because you choose not to be overt or direct.  Overt or not, we all know what you mean when you patronize and snark at someone - you are belittling them as people and at the same time studiously avoiding an actual debate.  I presume that's because you haven't got anything intelligent to actually say.  

Perhaps it would be better if I just looked the other way, but I'm in a bit of an off mood today and I don't feel like letting ignorant kiddies flap gum at my expense.  So I'm letting you know what obnoxious twits you actually are.  If you want to have a civil debate, I'm happy.  But if you want to openly mock and deride me, then I'm going to very directly let you know what how imbecilic you are behaving.

I merely mocked the faux authority you bestowed on yourself in calling yourself a "technologist," but you chose to take it as an insult of you. Oh my, you are very insecure.

Need more proof?

Anyone who wants to preen about how much more "rational" and "civil" and "respectful" they are is full of themselves. Rational, civil, respectful are how you act, not things you brag about. The better man will simply act the better man, nothing more. He does not need to wear his virtues on his sleeve and advertise how much better he is than everyone else.

Other signs of insecurity:

1. Unable to take criticism of one's "ideas" (including in the form of mockery) and to defend those ideas calmly, rationally, or thoughtfully. Usually because the person can't separate themselves from their ideas.

2. Quick to go on the offensive over the mildest perceived slight.

3. Not being able to admit when they're plainly wrong.

You don't believe in your ideas; you need people to agree with you, to validate you. Because there's simply no other reason to get so worked up over the reactions from a bunch of anonymous strangers on the Internet. We are all a bunch of nobodies with nothing better to do. Just like you. Any "victory" over the likes of us forum dwellers would only satiate the weakest and most pitiful of egos.

Secondly, you're not interested in civil debate. How do I know? Because it's been 24 hours and you haven't answered thoughtful rebuttals to your posts. You claim I don't engage in actual debate? Go ahead and click on that link; I'm still waiting for a reply. I dare you to reply to a real debate.

You should stop pretending you're better than everyone in these forums. Stop waving the "technologist" or "developer" card around like it makes you something special. You're not, get over yourself. Then maybe we can have a real debate.