Issues

Posted:
in Mac Software edited June 2014

I just switched user accounts at the advice of Apple and now when I compose an email and then go to the drop down and choose another account, I get the HTML signature for the default account first and the selected account second.

With the sad state of Applecare now (at least by phone) I can't get an answer to save my life.

One more issue that keeps happening that they can't seem to solve. Some of my accounts periodically go offline, showing that warning triangle. But when I click on "show account info" and let the info show, they go back online.

The final issue is that Apple mail drops my passwords on a regular and random basis, making me put them back in manually. I've repaired the keychain and it didn't help at all.

If anyone has solutions to these issues it would be very much appreciated. It's a sad shame that Apple doesn't!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    nickcage49 wrote: »
    I just switched user accounts at the advice of Apple and now when I compose an email and then go to the drop down and choose another account, I get the HTML signature for the default account first and the selected account second.

In preferences, there are Signatures and Composing tabs at the top. In Composing, you can choose to send Mail from either the selected account or one you choose. In signatures, you can choose which signature shows up and you can delete any others.
    One more issue that keeps happening that they can't seem to solve. Some of my accounts periodically go offline, showing that warning triangle. But when I click on "show account info" and let the info show, they go back online.

The final issue is that Apple mail drops my passwords on a regular and random basis, making me put them back in manually. I've repaired the keychain and it didn't help at all.

These two issues are just things that happen with Mail and it's been the case for a while, here's a thread from 2003:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/33516/why-does-mail-keep-forgetting-my-password

11 years later and it still does the same thing. When it asks for the password, if you cancel the dialog, quit Mail and open it, for some reason it magically remembers the password it just asked you for.

Accounts going offline is something I see happening regularly too. No reason for it really but it doesn't usually last long if your mail server is ok.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

In preferences, there are Signatures and Composing tabs at the top. In Composing, you can choose to send Mail from either the selected account or one you choose. In signatures, you can choose which signature shows up and you can delete any others.

Thanks! I understand that and the settings are all set up properly, with composing set to "account of selected mailbox".  But it isn't doing that, it's giving me BOTH!

These two issues are just things that happen with Mail and it's been the case for a while, here's a thread from 2003:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/t/33516/why-does-mail-keep-forgetting-my-password

11 years later and it still does the same thing. When it asks for the password, if you cancel the dialog, quit Mail and open it, for some reason it magically remembers the password it just asked you for.

Accounts going offline is something I see happening regularly too. No reason for it really but it doesn't usually last long if your mail server is ok.

You would think after all these years they would figure out how to fix it.

• Reply 3 of 3
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    Thanks! I understand that and the settings are all set up properly, with composing set to "account of selected mailbox". But it isn't doing that, it's giving me BOTH!

Ah, it's putting one signature above the other. Do the signatures look ok in the preferences panel? It hasn't just copied the text from one signature into the other? Have you tried removing the signatures in preferences and adding them back in?