Google's Sundar Pichai targets the enterprise with Android L, featuring Samsung Knox

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 44
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gatorguy View Post

Apple selectively indemnifies what it offers (an example is linked), but they definitely are worthy of using for services aren't they? You might even have used this Apple software package.

https://developer.apple.com/softwarelicensing/agreements/pdf/bonjour4win.pdf

I don't think your point is valid.

I've asked you so many times before, can you please provide a link to Google's standard indemnification policy? Microsoft puts their policy right up on their website, and it's the same for everyone.

Like I predicted above, you came in and talked about previously hidden contracts Google made with OEM's, which are all unique and different in what they cover. Just because Google made a deal with some companies, to indemnify them in certain circumstances does not mean they have an indemnification policy in place for Android.

For example, for Google Apps you can find a link at Google which explains their indemnification policy. But they have no such policy for Android. And since you're a Google shill, if there was one I'm sure your superiors would have told you where to find it. Since there isn't you're forced to imply they have one because a couple contracts leaked out.

BTW, Apple doesn't let other OEM's make devices that use iOS or OS X, so they don't have any need to put an indemnification policy on it. Besides, it's irrelevant. We're not talking about whether or not some Apple service have such a policy - we're talking about the fact Google doesn't. And they don't because they steal IP.

• Reply 42 of 44
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,212member
    I've asked you so many times before, can you please provide a link to Google's standard indemnification policy? Microsoft puts their policy right up on their website, and it's the same for everyone.

Dude it's your claim they don't have one, despite indications to the contrary. So it's yours to prove. You could have said it's not certain whether they do or not and I might have agreed with you.. Not your style perhaps. Instead you've emphatically stated they do not on several occasions, no ifs ands or buts. . Can you back it up?
  • Reply 43 of 44
    moreckmoreck Posts: 187member
    Samsung and Google are increasingly behaving like fish out of water, flopping around & getting attention while suffocating.
  • Reply 44 of 44
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

Like I predicted above, you came in and talked about previously hidden contracts Google made with OEM's, which are all unique and different in what they cover. Just because Google made a deal with some companies, to indemnify them in certain circumstances does not mean they have an indemnification policy in place for Android.

For example, for Google Apps you can find a link at Google which explains their indemnification policy. But they have no such policy for Android. And since you're a Google shill, if there was one I'm sure your superiors would have told you where to find it. Since there isn't you're forced to imply they have one because a couple contracts leaked out.

BTW, Apple doesn't let other OEM's make devices that use iOS or OS X, so they don't have any need to put an indemnification policy on it. Besides, it's irrelevant. We're not talking about whether or not some Apple service have such a policy - we're talking about the fact Google doesn't. And they don't because they steal IP.

https://developer.android.com/sdk/terms.html