Apple's fiscal Q3 earnings call scheduled for July 22, first with new CFO Luca Maestri

Posted:
in AAPL Investors edited July 2014
Apple on Monday announced its quarterly earnings call for the third fiscal quarter of 2014 is slated for July 22 and will be the first such event for Luca Maestri since being officially confirmed as the company's new CFO.

Alongside Maestri, Apple CEO Tim Cook is expected to take part in the conference call discussing the company's performance over the three-month period ending in June. The date was first announced on Apple's Investor Relations webpage.

While Maestri was on hand during Apple's last conference call in April, the new finance chief was acting as Corporate Controller under then-CFO Peter Oppenheimer. Maestri was officially appointed to the position in May and added to Apple's leadership roster earlier in June

For its second fiscal quarter of 2014, Apple announced record earnings of $45.6 billion in revenue, a performance that came in as the highest-ever non-holiday quarter on record.

Apple is also likely to discuss the effects of a recent 7-for-1 stock split carried out this month, making AAPL shares more accessible to traders. Since trading began at the adjusted $92.69 share pricing, AAPL stock has been fairly stable, ending trading on Monday at $92.93.

During the last quarterly call, Apple said it would be investing heavily in research and development for both current and future products and services.

Along with the usual live-stream available on Apple's investor webpage, AppleInsider will be providing live coverage of the investor event starting at 2 p.m. PT/5 p.m. ET on July 22.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 13
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member

I've been snatching up some AAPL here and there these past few weeks.

I've decided to hold through earnings this time. I'm ok with and fully prepared for either outcome.

Outcome #1

AAPL earnings are good and "the street" is impressed. In this case, all is good, and I can simply sit back and chill, while watching AAPL rise.

Outcome #2

AAPL earnings fail to impress "the street" for whatever reason and it drops a little bit. In this case, all is still good, because I'm simply going to grab some more AAPL, at cheaper prices.

• Reply 2 of 13
    hans01hans01 Posts: 12member

#2B, wait for the run up to iPhone 6, AAPL will go up in September for sure.

• Reply 3 of 13
    Looking forward to it, my first as a shareholder.
  • Reply 4 of 13
    dimmokdimmok Posts: 359member

Lets go Apple!

• Reply 5 of 13

Samsung has already announced to expect a weaker than usual quarter, due to slowing smartphone sales (which is a major part of their revenue).

Now I'm really curious what Apple will report. Esp since last quarter was better than expected.

• Reply 6 of 13
    radster360radster360 Posts: 546member
    APPL will be $125 by end of Q1 2015
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member

Appell Petroleum? Really?

• Reply 8 of 13
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I've been snatching up some AAPL here and there these past few weeks.

I've decided to hold through earnings this time. I'm ok with and fully prepared for either outcome.

Outcome #1
    AAPL earnings are good and "the street" is impressed. In this case, all is good, and I can simply sit back and chill, while watching AAPL rise.

Outcome #2
    AAPL earnings fail to impress "the street" for whatever reason and it drops a little bit. In this case, all is still good, because I'm simply going to grab some more AAPL, at cheaper prices.

Now that Apple pays a dividend that is guaranteed to increase, there is less incentive to trade the shares, which I think is a good thing. It, at least, makes decisions easier.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    blazarblazar Posts: 270member
    Lets hope for that fall miracle product, both as users of the products and as investors. New product time is exciting!

$125-150 a share is where i want this stock to be. I wonder if they will also be able to up dividends, increase revenues, and buyback more shares as well.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    aaarrrggghaaarrrgggh Posts: 1,609member
    Now that Apple pays a dividend that is guaranteed to increase, there is less incentive to trade the shares, which I think is a good thing. It, at least, makes decisions easier.

The dividend is stabilizing, but not a sure thing to keep the stock up. We're at a P/E of 15.5 and a yield of 2%, so the stock is in a safe range. Honestly, I am mainly curious about how many shares they repurchased this quarter, as I figure it was the last good opportunity to buy heavily discounted shares before the announcement of last quarter's results.

It would be nice to see AAPL at $125 though, although I am not holding my breath... all in due time.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    I'd love to see Apple at $700 again. :D
  • Reply 12 of 13
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Now that Apple pays a dividend that is guaranteed to increase ...

Really?  I haven't seen this guarantee.  As a shareholder I certainly hope you're right, but I don't remember anyone giving me any kind of guarantee!

• Reply 13 of 13
    benjamin frostbenjamin frost Posts: 7,203member
    Now that Apple pays a dividend that is guaranteed to increase ...

Really?  I haven't seen this guarantee.  As a shareholder I certainly hope you're right, but I don't remember anyone giving me any kind of guarantee!

Tim Cook did in a conference call.