Samsung to guard against anticipated 'iPhone 6' with metal-clad 'Galaxy F' in September

Comments

• Reply 41 of 68
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    Looks like the S5 except they stuck a terrible wallpaper on the back and then sent it off to every other phone manufacturer and every one sent a review with an "F" on it and they where like "F!". Fail, fake, fucking crap...
  • Reply 42 of 68
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    WAIT… the date on the galaxy doesn't match any calendar. It's says Wednesday (12) Sep, it would be a Friday this year, a Thursday last year and a saterday next year. WTF?
  • Reply 43 of 68
    pscooter63pscooter63 Posts: 1,080member
    Now, since George brought it up: I don't peer intensely at Android phones, but is it normal for the date to be left justified while the time is not?
    It looks like someone lazily pasted it from iOS...?
  • Reply 44 of 68

So when the Galaxy F Upgrade comes out, it will be the Galaxy F. U.

• Reply 45 of 68
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    georgeip5 wrote: »
    WAIT… the date on the galaxy doesn't match any calendar. It's says Wednesday (12) Sep, it would be a Friday this year, a Thursday last year and a saterday next year. WTF?

Lol, really? That screen was more than likely photoshopped.
  • Reply 46 of 68
    "Stainless Style"
  • Reply 47 of 68
    tastowetastowe Posts: 108member
    ???? ???????? to samsung company.
  • Reply 48 of 68
    texdeafytexdeafy Posts: 78member
    Galaxy F??? Samsu-- I mean Samsucker, you mean Galaxy Fucker? SMH!
  • Reply 49 of 68
    harry wildharry wild Posts: 809member
    Comparing the Samsung Galaxy F metal back cover to the iPhone 6 5.5" as shown in this picture make s the iPhone 6 look like fine, classic jewelry!
  • Reply 50 of 68
    technarchytechnarchy Posts: 296member

Unlikely.

Samsung's big push for Q3 and Q4 will be the Galaxy Note 4.

• Reply 51 of 68
    moreckmoreck Posts: 187member
    Galaxy Flop
    Galaxy Fail
    Galaxy F*** off
  • Reply 52 of 68
    constable odoconstable odo Posts: 1,041member

Although I see nothing wrong with Samsung offering a metal-case Galaxy, I sure hope they're not expecting sales to be significantly boosted by it.  The Galaxy S5 is already being offered with lowered prices and special offers and still sales are hard to come by.  Galaxy S5 sales are probably tapped out and nothing is going to increase sales except waiting a period of a year or so.  Those who bought Galaxy S4 and S5s will likely be ready to upgrade as their contracts run out.  I don't think there are enough Android users who require the power of a flagship smartphone.  As far as hardware features are concerned I would never dream that the iPhone 5c would outsell the Galaxy S5.  Samsung simply makes too many models of smartphones and it's likely confusing consumers and probably diluting sales for the more expensive Galaxy S models.  I think there's only a finite amount of smartphones that Samsung is going to sell and that's it.  Didn't they sell close to 80 million smartphones in one quarter?  There's no way they can do that consistently quarter after quarter.  I don't think any company can including Apple.  Samsung is likely drowning in their own flood the same as Nokia did.

• Reply 53 of 68
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tastowe View Post

???? ???????? to samsung company.

Still not fooling anyone.

• Reply 54 of 68
    ugpkrmugpkrm Posts: 3member

Samsung has been rumored to be considering a "premium" all-metal handset in the past, with the Galaxy S5 pegged to come in both plastic and metal variants. The company did not choose that route, however, instead releasing the handset with a dimpled plastic finish.Remove the physical home button, the pulse scanner on the back, and replace TouchWiz with a different launcher and that phone would start looking pretty good.  In its current form, I'll pass.

http://comprarbaratosmoviles.com/

http://movilesbaratoschinos.com/

• Reply 55 of 68
    paxman wrote: »
    A headline to goad derision, outrage and laughter, but the article doesn't really deliver what the headline promises.

I know what you mean... I saw the headlines and the phrase, "Putting lipstick on a pig" was all that came to mind....
  • Reply 56 of 68
    Although I see nothing wrong with Samsung offering a metal-case Galaxy, I sure hope they're not expecting sales to be significantly boosted by it.  The Galaxy S5 is already being offered with lowered prices and special offers and still sales are hard to come by.  Galaxy S5 sales are probably tapped out and nothing is going to increase sales except waiting a period of a year or so.  Those who bought Galaxy S4 and S5s will likely be ready to upgrade as their contracts run out.  I don't think there are enough Android users who require the power of a flagship smartphone.  As far as hardware features are concerned I would never dream that the iPhone 5c would outsell the Galaxy S5.  Samsung simply makes too many models of smartphones and it's likely confusing consumers and probably diluting sales for the more expensive Galaxy S models.  I think there's only a finite amount of smartphones that Samsung is going to sell and that's it.  Didn't they sell close to 80 million smartphones in one quarter?  There's no way they can do that consistently quarter after quarter.  I don't think any company can including Apple.  Samsung is likely drowning in their own flood the same as Nokia did.

I'm not sure if the 80 million was the the quarter they grossly exaggerated sales (even to their stockholders), or the quarter they sold 80 million phones total - including tens millions of really dumb phones. A lot was learned from evidence that came out in the last California trial... especially where they lied to the stockholders to match the public lie regarding highly exaggerated sales of their flagship smartphone.
  • Reply 57 of 68
    harry wild wrote: »
    Comparing the Samsung Galaxy F metal back cover to the iPhone 6 5.5" as shown in this picture make s the iPhone 6 look like fine, classic jewelry!

It's waterproof so you can slap it on a big wound like it's the bandage it appears to be.
  • Reply 58 of 68
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member
    I wonder what the F stands for. F*ckup? F41L? Freakish? Fools? Flawed? Flop?

So many options!
  • Reply 59 of 68
    lightknightlightknight Posts: 2,312member

Title lacks "rumoured".

Nothing in the text says more than "hey, we has picture and it looks like metal".

• Reply 60 of 68
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member

It looks more like a HTC One than anything.