I would like to offer my honest congradulations to Steve Jobs and Apple

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
The new iBook price-points are excellent. The 14" model is brilliant.

And I want one.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    scadboyscadboy Posts: 189member
    I agree! A truly fabulous potential replacement for my dear pismo, not just yet, though. I'm still debating... I think I may want to hold out for a G4, but if I decide otherwise, I'll probably order one on Friday. That iBook update came totally out of left field (having forgotten about the "son of pismo" rumors of pre-MWNY last year), and what a pleasant surprise it was! Good specs, great screen, fab price!

And don't even get me started on that new iMac! $1800 for an 800mhz G4 and a superdrive! EEEEK! All that, and with a gorgeous 15" LCD and truly innovative industrial design to boot? This i.d. student's heart is palpitating...

I.D. is my minor, but Graphic Design is my major, and I expect iPhoto will prove infinitely useful in the coming school year.

All in all, a very splendid MacWorld! Kudos, Mr. Jobs, Mr. Ives, you've done it again!

ciao,

michael
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Agreed. The iBook remains the best portable computer package (price/performance/design) on the market.

The new iMac is also probably the best general-use, all-in-one machine on the market, and definitely rules the mid-price all-in-one arena.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    they really need to stick a radeon in it though or at the LEAST up the VRAM to 16MB
  • Reply 4 of 10
    I was just thinking though.... can you imagine if the "Pro" line had the same price/performance position in comparison to the Win/PC world?
  • Reply 5 of 10
    [quote]I was just thinking though.... can you imagine if the "Pro" line had the same price/performance position in comparison to the Win/PC world? <hr></blockquote>

I think about that a lot.

I mean Apple really "gets it" with regard to the portables, but manages to take 2 steps forward, 3 steps back with its desktops.
  • Reply 6 of 10
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by applenut:

<strong>they really need to stick a radeon in it though or at the LEAST up the VRAM to 16MB</strong><hr></blockquote>

They'll probably do that at the next revision.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    All in all, a very splendid MacWorld! Kudos, Mr. Jobs, Mr. Ives, you've done it again!

Nicely stated! MacWorld was amazing and thats why I will soon be the owner of the revolutionary iMac. It is great to equate the word revolutionary with the product iMac again!
  • Reply 8 of 10
    cobracobra Posts: 253member
    The consumer machines are excellent.

The Ti is excellent.

This all started a year ago.

Its just the PM us the last to get the midas touch.

It won't be long guys. Steve has not forgotten you.
  • Reply 9 of 10
    leonisleonis Posts: 3,427member
    [quote]Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:

<strong>

I think about that a lot.

I mean Apple really "gets it" with regard to the portables, but manages to take 2 steps forward, 3 steps back with its desktops.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Agree
  • Reply 10 of 10
    [quote]And don't even get me started on that new iMac! $1800 for an 800mhz G4 and a superdrive! EEEEK! All that, and with a gorgeous 15" LCD and truly innovative industrial design to boot? This i.d. student's heart is palpitating...<hr></blockquote>

my friend charley is on the brink of ordering one. i told him if he does, i'll never leave his house. he told me that was alright as long as i bring my ipod.

so, you think president paula is going to dump the old imacs and dells in the library now? its like they're made for that building, after all...