Steve on iMac on CNN

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    cpmcpm Posts: 15member
    Perhaps Jobs had a hissy fit after Time Canada's little snafu last night, so TW (CNN) is now giving him a hard time.

Or, Lou's just jealous and pissed that his own foray into the tech industry (what was it, space.com or something like that) turned out to be a complete waste of time.

[ 01-07-2002: Message edited by: cpm ]</p>
  • Reply 22 of 29
    [quote]A real leader would have produced the G5s today. <hr></blockquote>

JRC. A REAL leader would have the balls to stand by his convictions and produce a stunning product that needs few words.

Steve Jobs did that today.

I can wait a little longer for the G5............

moon
  • Reply 23 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>CNN is crap, I can't stand that corporate news station. The way they decide what to cover, it's always in the interests of big business. And Apple doesn't fit in with CNNs cookie cutter view of the world. To them Steve Jobs is just some burned out hippie who did too much acid.

I quit watching CNN long ago. I don't miss it at all and frankly I don't care what they think of Jobs.

Meanwhile, Time has a cool article on the new iMac that is more balanced. Check it out.</strong><hr></blockquote>

JD, this post includes the smartest things I have ever heard you say. Seriously.
  • Reply 24 of 29
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    That CNN article stated that the iMac had a 14" LCD...which really hurts. I'm gonna email them...
  • Reply 25 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>CNN is crap, I can't stand that corporate news station. The way they decide what to cover, it's always in the interests of big business. And Apple doesn't fit in with CNNs cookie cutter view of the world. To them Steve Jobs is just some burned out hippie who did too much acid.

I quit watching CNN long ago. I don't miss it at all and frankly I don't care what they think of Jobs.

Meanwhile, Time has a cool article on the new iMac that is more balanced. Check it out.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup.. anybody who thinks that they lean to the left is obviously not watching them. That company couldnt suck up to big buissness anymore if they tried.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    jccbinjccbin Posts: 476member
    Not to be too faroff-topic, but supporting business is not a left or right thing. It's a greed thing and both liberals and conservatives can be greedy.

CNN is to the left of center. Fox News is to the right. Yay. we all know and can think for ourselves now.

I like the iMac2, detest CNN and love FoxNews.

:-)
  • Reply 27 of 29
    I don't know which way CNN leans, but that "Headline News" flies by so fast that obviously you couldn't learn anything about what's going on in the world in their 10 second blurbs.

I don't know how many of you read Salon but they are ultra anti big business and they always have cool in depth articles. They had long articles about X-Box, the state of Mac Gaming, and trying to resist M$ software since the DOJ caved in. I'm sure we'll see the very best article covering Apple's new stuff very soon.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Actually, there is a cool article on Salon.com

about the new iMac.

<a href="http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/01/07/macworld/index.html"; target="_blank">http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/01/07/macworld/index.html</a>;

It says the Apple logo on the iMac base actually is reflective so you see yourself distorted.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    [quote]Originally posted by jccbin:

<strong>Not to be too faroff-topic, but supporting business is not a left or right thing. It's a greed thing and both liberals and conservatives can be greedy.</strong><hr></blockquote>

You're and idiot. It's about "greed". What about building something that's successful and maybe also employing people so they can earn a living. Nope. It's all about greed. Moron.

back on topic

CNN Headline News must have some kind of back door connection/deal with Microsoft and now Intel. The live X Box infomercials were an embarasment.