Flash flaw could allow attackers to steal browser data on Macs, Adobe issues fix

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 47
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenoz View Post

As long as people persist in using Adobe Flash on their Macs, it takes the pressure off web-site programmers to convert to HTML5, a safe alternative.

No-one should chance the dangers of using Adobe Flash. 

Letters of protest should be written to sites still using it. The People generally win.

HTML5 brings it's own set of security flaws as well and because it's a collection of technologies rather then a company controlled monolithic block like Flash there is more that can actually go wrong with it and no one to blame when it does. Flash is still a very viable solution, I have still yet to have seen an HTML5 site that rivals a well designed and programmed one written in Flash. I personally use and like HTML5 and eventually sites will stop using Flash all together but until more developers learn how to do everything that they can do in Flash (and this is a big problem) and as long as Adobe is supporting and patching it there is nothing wrong with it's continue use. 

• Reply 42 of 47
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,159member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

I personally use and like HTML5 and eventually sites will stop using Flash all together but until more developers learn how to do everything that they can do in Flash (and this is a big problem) and as long as Adobe is supporting and patching it there is nothing wrong with it's continue use. 

Actually, Flash use on the web is a problem because it excludes tablet and smartphone visitors.

For this reason alone, Flash cannot die soon enough. Remember, for the past few years, PC sales have declined year-over-year, whereas smartphone and tablet sales have exploded.

Web developers who don't understand this can't see the forest for the trees.

• Reply 43 of 47

Why is this article using an old icon for Flash? The Flash Player icon was updated a long time ago.

• Reply 44 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by joshuarayer View Post

Why is this article using an old icon for Flash? The Flash Player icon was updated a long time ago.

Who cares? This is what I use for the projector:

• Reply 45 of 47
    mpantone wrote: »
    Actually, Flash use on the web is a problem because it excludes tablet and smartphone visitors.

For this reason alone, Flash cannot die soon enough. Remember, for the past few years, PC sales have declined year-over-year, whereas smartphone and tablet sales have exploded.

Web developers who don't understand this can't see the forest for the trees.

These are my thoughts also, except put so eloquently that I had to simply quote you. Is it just that Flash does not have the capability to be used on tablets, or that Adobe does not want it to be?
  • Reply 46 of 47
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

Is it just that Flash does not have the capability to be used on tablets, or that Adobe does not want it to be?

Both.

It physically can run, but it runs absolutely horribly and destroys performance. Adobe has abandoned mobile Flash development.

• Reply 47 of 47
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by FlashFan207 View Post

These are my thoughts also, except put so eloquently that I had to simply quote you. Is it just that Flash does not have the capability to be used on tablets, or that Adobe does not want it to be?

Flash runs great on my Surface Pro 3. :D