Samsung compares Galaxy Tab S to iPad in continued anti-Apple ad campaign

Comments

• Reply 21 of 66
    mazda 3smazda 3s Posts: 1,613member
    aussiepaul wrote: »
    That guy is so cheap he can't afford an iPad for his kid to play all on his own.
    He probably doesn't even let his kid touch his Galaxy. What a tool...

There's no way I'd give my kid a $500 Air or $400 Retina Mini for himself -- that's how you raise entitled brats. My kid has a $70, refurbished Kindle Fire HD. He can get a $500 tablet when he pays for it himself :)
  • Reply 22 of 66
    They were so busy copying Apple's products that they forgot to copy Apple's way of making money... D'oh!
  • Reply 23 of 66
    freerangefreerange Posts: 1,597member
    In the news, Federal prosecutors are investigating Samsung for child abuse in forcing infant to cry for the filming of a TV commercial. In other news, child's father arrested for child abuse, and for being too stupid to watch his game on TV while his small child watched his movie on a tablet.
  • Reply 24 of 66

I think this obsession Samsung has is unhealthy. 

Most of their commercials come across as douche-y. Negative, snarky, just plain douche-y. 

I guess I'm too old or something to get them.

• Reply 25 of 66
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    The guy must be too poor to afford a TV, I'd just watch the soccer on one of the many TV's scattered around my house.

Someone from work was whining that the security software we have to install doesn't work with the S5's fingerprint scanner necessitating the use of a password, unlike the iPhone 5s.

I guess that's what you get when you settle for a lame copy.
  • Reply 26 of 66
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    I have slowly become an apple guy (not a FANBOY), just a guy that wanted to see what the hype was about, and although IMO--overpriced, I enjoy using my macbook pro. I am considering getting an iPad when the new ones come out, but not 100% sold on it. Not sure I need a tablet.

I must say, all the negative responses to samsung ads is getting a little long in the tooth. So what if they are comparing their stuff to what we use. No big deal. Or what is their saying, No next big thing , something like that. I don't care, but being new to apple products, and reading the "apple" pages, I do feel irritated by the comments. Let it go people. Who really cares that much.

There, lol, vent done.

Enjoy what you can have, and don't worry about what others have or are buying. Be yourself.
    lol. I laugh at that last comment I made because i did just the opposite, and purchased an apple product because of the hype from others. hehehe

What iPhones and iPads have is 64bit and those pieces of Samsung junk don't.

Nanananama!
  • Reply 27 of 66
    zozmanzozman Posts: 393member

Ambled does have its upside, they forgot to mention the lower number of sub pixels, different screen colour temperature & high saturation & no colour accuracy. 

Yeah who cares about those things, contract is everything :P

Really tho, apple might go to amoled at some point, it does save on power, but the image on an amoled has a strange quality to it.

• Reply 28 of 66
    At the end of the day it's just an imitation of the iPad though. Better off sticking with the real thing.
    Adobe Flash Player for ipad
  • Reply 29 of 66
    justbobfjustbobf Posts: 261member
    Super lame, amateurish commercials. This is a first for me—the ad is so obscure the announcer has to ask, "what's going on?" Lame.
  • Reply 30 of 66
    Why can I see the man hiding in the shadows on the Samsung screen when I'm watching the commercial on my iPad? Shouldn't he still be invisible?
  • Reply 31 of 66
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Andysol View Post

Thats just how we are.  We love Apple- we hate the rest. (kind of kidding)

Id recommend hanging out here for a couple months- particularly when the new iPhone gets released.  Watch and observe the trolls gushing in- and you'll then understand our hatred. ;)

I will say; however- This is Samsung.  They are the worst of the worst of the worst.  I can point you to a Roku/Apple TV thread a couple back where Roku is kindly talked about because they make a solid product.  Same with Pebble when its brought up in Smart Watch discussion.  Samsung gets the hate, because well- they deserve it.

I agree with you here! I'm glad you can look at it from a nice perspective vs. the whole "Non-Apple users are poor!!1!11!" threads.

I personally don't agree with that, but it's just me. So, is there anyway you can make September come faster so I can get my new iPhone?! :smokey:

• Reply 32 of 66

Samsung does a great job with their marketing department, but Apple fans shouldn't take the TV ad personally. Quite frankly, I like the competitiveness of Samsung - as this will make Apple strive to do even more. I have a iPad mini Retina and the lack of muti-tasking does not worry me. However, I do like those Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2, but not that price tag though.

• Reply 33 of 66
    misamisa Posts: 827member
    Why doesn't the dude just get the tyke his own tablet and then they won't have to share? 
    At 600-900$ a pop, I doubt it, but then again seeing all the 6-12 year olds in my family have an iPad made me wonder if they get more value out of having separate ones for each kid.

I think the video is missing the point of a tablet, or any other entertainment device, in that you can only realistically watch one thing at a time, and that doesn't represent multitasking. The Microsoft ad using video chat and "let me show you something" is more representative of something you can't do properly with a tablet to begin with, when the software by design stops and has to restart. You can in fact multi-task apps on the iPad (eg an SSH prompt, email, etc) as long as the software hasn't been idle too long. On the other hand, no game I've played on the iPad really likes multitasking and tends to be paused (or in the case of EA stuff, restart entirely) when task switched, which is a power-conserving feature, not a bug.

My question in direction to the video, is how long the battery life was while doing both things. Considering that their other ad is about hugging walls to stay charged.
  • Reply 34 of 66
    Even the baby in the ad knows a better solution would be to get two iPad Mini's.
  • Reply 35 of 66
    These ads are probably contributing to the reduction in sales of Samsung's mobile products (except for the cheap low-end products).

Samsung has a unique advertising strategy to insult their their prospective buyers (and also to insult their intelligence).

Like last year's ads (which included an ad depicting iPhone users as mindless line-waiting fools), this year's "wall huggers" (which depicts Apple iPhone users as mindless wall-hugging fools), and iPad users as parents who ignore their children to focus on something else, but who really should instead show fake interest in their children by continuing to focus on something else, but keep their kid quiet by putting a video on taking up half the tablet. Really???

This is probably contributing to the much greater migration of Samsung users to iPhone and iPad, than the other way around.
  • Reply 36 of 66
    jurassicjurassic Posts: 94member
    These ads are probably doing the opposite of what they were intended for, and contributing to the reduction in sales and revenues of Samsung's mobile products (except for the cheap low-end products).

Samsung seems to have a unique advertising strategy to insult their their prospective buyers (and also to insult their intelligence).

Like last year's ads (which included an ad depicting iPhone users as mindless line-waiting fools), this year's "wall huggers" (which depicts Apple iPhone users as mindless wall-hugging fools), and iPad users as parents who ignore their children to focus on something else, but who really should instead show fake interest in their children by continuing to focus on something else, but keep their kid quiet by putting a video on taking up half the tablet. Really???

It seems that Samsung hasn't heard of AirPlay (or they are vainly hoping that there is an iOS user who hasn't ;-)). With AirPlay the kid could be watching his movie on a full-sized TV instead of in a tiny half-sized portion of the Samsung tablet. And the iPad user gets to do what they want to do on the full-screen of the iPad... not reduced by 50% like on the Samsung tablet.

These brain-dead ads are probably contributing to the much greater migration of Samsung users to iPhone and iPad, than the other way around.
  • Reply 37 of 66
    I'm going to sell my Samsung Bluray player.... I'm over them.
  • Reply 38 of 66
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member

These Samsung discussions are one of the few things I dislike about AppleInsider. Not only are the comments always the same, so much so that you could literally copy and paste the comments from a Samsung thread that was created 5 years ago into this one and no one would be the wiser, they also bring out the worst in people. Ironically there isn't many products in Apples line up that doesn't contain a component from Samsung or has an Apple designed component that's manufactured by Samsung. However because it's not visible to the user no hypocrisy has been committed. Back in 1988 The Christians boycotted the movie, "The Last Temptation of Christ" and the studio behind it, Universal, however it turned out to be a harder endeavor then initially thought do to Universals mass reach in the world of media and the amount subsidiaries they controlled. Plus, God forbid the men of those Christian families didn't lineup out side the theaters just a year later to see GoodFellas. My point being is if you truly hate Samsung and refuse to use their products your going to have to go all in to do so and not simply choose the products that you deem worthy or you're just being hypocritical, oh so now it's okay to just use some of Samsung's products, great, then in that case can we stop posting these ridiculously comments over and over and over and over again, that bring absolutely nothing of worth while to this forum. If it's just to much of a sacrifice to make because hating is so much fun, then may I suggest the creation of a single thread in which all of future comments for news pertaining to Samsung point to it automatically. Hopefully the amount repetitive comments will just eventually discourage people from posting their all together.

I don't mean to come across as a jerk but you guys have so much more to offer then just hate. You don't like Samsung, fine, we all know now, no need for anymore discussion on the matter.

Just say no to link bait.

• Reply 39 of 66
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Relic View Post

However because it's not visible to the user no hypocrisy has been committed.

No, because no hypocrisy has been committed has no hypocrisy been committed. That’s not tautological; it’s… well, it is, but it’s valid.

Hopefully the amount repetitive comments will just eventually discourage people from posting their all together.

Hopefully Samsung threads pulling trolls out of the woodwork would result in the banning of the trolls. Thing is, it doesn’t. 

• Reply 40 of 66
    relicrelic Posts: 4,735member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

No, because no hypocrisy has been committed has no hypocrisy been committed. That’s not tautological; it’s… well, it is, but it’s valid.

Hopefully Samsung threads pulling trolls out of the woodwork would result in the banning of the trolls. Thing is, it doesn’t. 

Fair enough, oh we can always ask people if they are troll before they sign up to AppleInsider, if they say yes we deny entry.