Apple's new PR chief may be former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, report says

Comments

• Reply 21 of 123
    Why would Apple hire a known liar as the face of Apple PR?

What, a younger/hipper PR face for Apple isn't not possible to be hired? Or maybe Apple just really wants to keep that white executive look of Apple in tack?
  • Reply 22 of 123
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    what do y'all know about if he would be a good or bad hire for Apple? Silly boys and girls. He was just doing his job at the white house and he actually did it well.. whether you are for or against the white house... if he does his job well, he may do a great job for Apple..

cast aside your biases and look at the experience he has and the CONNECTIONS...

Never heard of guilt by association? No matter how you spin it this guy on day one of reporting to work will have over 50% of the country thinking he's a lying slime ball. Why would you want to go there? You mean to tell me there is no one else out there qualified and doesn't carry the political baggage?
  • Reply 23 of 123
    howiehowie Posts: 68member
    Yahoo! news reported Carney has responded in some variation of "I don't know" over 1,900 times since his first briefing. It was further reported Carney had somehow dodged a question approximately 9,486 times.

I guess we know why Apple might hire this POS.
  • Reply 24 of 123

Apple isn't trying to hire Dick Cheney.

• Reply 25 of 123
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Because there is nothing there. We've already had numerous investigations.

You’ve completely lost your marbles. Nice of you to come to a conclusion before the investigations have!

• Reply 26 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Castillo View Post

what do y'all know about if he would be a good or bad hire for Apple? Silly boys and girls. He was just doing his job at the white house and he actually did it well.. whether you are for or against the white house... if he does his job well, he may do a great job for Apple..

cast aside your biases and look at the experience he has and the CONNECTIONS...

Yeah, the bad kind.

• Reply 27 of 123
    F no.
  • Reply 28 of 123
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Maybe they should ask Dick Cheney he's an honest guy. /s :err:

Last I checked, Dick Cheney was not being hired by Apple.

• Reply 29 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GQB View Post

I was waiting for the ODS trolls to come out of the woodwork. Didn't take long.

You shouldn't talk about yourself like that.

• Reply 30 of 123
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by bdkennedy1 View Post

I'm HOPING that's all sarcasm. The man helped cover up Benghazi. He got caught = he sucks at his job.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/opinion/kohn-benghazi-gop/

I remember when Reagan was President & 241 Marines were killed in Lebanon. Congress investigated more on the grounds of how can we stop this from happening again. Reagan decided to get out of Lebanon or cut & run in your vernacular. What's sad is how funding is cut to the Secretary of States budget by a certain party & then they try to place blame when the emabassy's lack the funding for the kind of security that may be needed.

Only a "certain party" eh?

Quote:

"In fact, the Congressional Research Service has documented that Congress, whether led by Democrats and Republicans, year after year did not fully fund the various pots of money for embassy security. (See page 25.) The State Department, for instance, was shortchanged by $142 million in fiscal year 2010, when Democrats controlled both houses of Congress." - Glenn Kessler, Washington Post, 5/16/2013

But what about the State Department? Surely they asked for more funding, right?

Quote:

“However, there was no supplemental or OCO request made by the President for additional diplomatic security enhancements in FY 2010 or FY 2011,” the report pointedly noted. “Neither the Department of State nor Congress made a point of providing additional funds in a supplemental request for Libya, or more specifically, Benghazi.”

Okay, they weren't fully funded. Their funding didn't meet the budget requests. But wait:

Quote:

“The Department of State’s base requests for security funding have increased by 38 percent since Fiscal Year (FY) 2007, and base budget appropriations have increased by 27 percent in the same time period,” said the bipartisan Senate Homeland Security Committee report on the Benghazi attack.

The problem wasn't lack of funding, as you predictably parroted Sen. Barbara Boxer. The problem was political decision-making in the Executive.

You're wrong.

• Reply 31 of 123
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    This really stirred up the Delta males, eh? Get out the sticks and the garbage can lids . . .
  • Reply 32 of 123
    Quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/05/06/opinion/kohn-benghazi-gop/

I remember when Reagan was President & 241 Marines were killed in Lebanon. Congress investigated more on the grounds of how can we stop this from happening again. Reagan decided to get out of Lebanon or cut & run in your vernacular. What's sad is how funding is cut to the Secretary of States budget by a certain party & then they try to place blame when the emabassy's lack the funding for the kind of security that may be needed.

Time to lay off the weed, dude, your eggs are overcooked. Multiple investigations ? "nothing there". There are a lot of layers to our bureaucracy, and these things can take months to unravel.

Political double speak has Hillary + Obama on record claiming it was "a spontaneous protest to a video" and later, Hillary trying to play both sides of the fence. Military security was available, in spite of your fallacious suggestion that the mean ol' GOP took away her credit card. I believe the phrase is "spin and blame shift", in your vernacular. I know... what difference does it make, right?

• Reply 33 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Flaneur View Post

This really stirred up the Delta males, eh? Get out the sticks and the garbage can lids . . .

You can just imagine how the beta male liberals on here would have reacted if it was known that Apple was hiring somebody who was politically connected to the right.

And this is still just an unconfirmed rumor. I will save my real rage and my real outrage for if and when it turns out to be true.

Apple likes to speak about diversity. How about hiring somebody who isn't a lunatic, lying liberal?

• Reply 34 of 123
    Wow. Didn't know so many AI commenters were that psychopathic.
  • Reply 35 of 123
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

Cue Teabagger shit storm in 3-2-1...

• Reply 36 of 123
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by razorpit View Post

Never heard of guilt by association? No matter how you spin it this guy on day one of reporting to work will have over 50% of the country thinking he's a lying slime ball. Why would you want to go there? You mean to tell me there is no one else out there qualified and doesn't carry the political baggage?

Where the **** do you get the idea that > 50% of this country is Republican?

• Reply 37 of 123
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waldobushman View Post

Wow. Didn't know so many AI commenters were that psychopathic.

There is just a small contingency of AI fans who believe Apple is a Conservative Corporation.

• Reply 38 of 123
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    bobschlob wrote: »
    Cue Teabagger shit storm in 3-2-1...
    The average mindset of a liberal....name calling.
  • Reply 39 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Where the **** do you get the idea that > 50% of this country is Republican?

And where did you get the idea that just Republicans have an extremely low opinion of this administration and anybody who is connected to it?

Independents can't stand the extremist in charge either. 

The worst President since World War II, according to a recent poll. Republicans, Independents and more all agree. A few extremist, hardcore liberals are the only true supporters that this corrupt administration has left. 

• Reply 40 of 123
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    There is just a small contingency of AI fans who are mentally incompetent and believe Apple is a Conservative Corporation.
    what does that have to do with not wanting Apple to hire a political hack to run their PR organization? Surely Cook can find someone more qualified than Jay Carney. I thought Apple was all about diversity. But I guess what Cook really means is liberal diversity.