Recover data from an accidentally deleted app in iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited July 2014

Hello,

Recently, I accidentally deleted an application (called "iTalk") from my iPhone. It is easy to re-download it. However, I have some recordings in it which are lost. Could you please let me know if there are any softwares to recover data from iPhone.

I spoke with 2 data recovery companies about this. One said they have had some success in the past in such cases. The other said the chances of recovering app data is less. I need to visit them and find out. I really hope this is possible.

Thanks,

Sai

imageimage

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8

Actually, the app got deleted more than a week back.

Data retrieval companies charge a lot for the services. I am trying to see if it possible to do it on my own.

My friend suggested me to create a sector-by-sector copy of the iPhone and then try recovering it from that disk image. Could you please let me know how to do this.

I tried using iExplorer software to mount iPhone as a disk

and then use Carbon copy Cloner to create a "sector-by-sector" image of my iPhone

However, when I mounted my iPhone as disk, I am not sure if it includes all files ie. esp. the "deleted ones".

If it includes them, then I can create a clone.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Sai
  • Reply 2 of 8

Thank you for your suggestions.

Actually, the app got deleted more than a week back.

Data retrieval companies charge a lot for the services. I am trying to see if it possible to do it on my own.

My friend suggested me to create a sector-by-sector copy of the iPhone and then try recovering it from that disk image. Could you please let me know how to do this.

I tried using iExplorer software to mount iPhone as a disk

and then use Carbon copy Cloner to create a "sector-by-sector" image of my iPhone

However, when I mounted my iPhone as disk, I am not sure if it includes all files ie. esp. the "deleted ones".

If it includes them, then I can create a clone.

Please help me with this.

Thanks,

Sai
  • Reply 3 of 8

If you backup to cloud, this method will help you.

The difficulty in restoring iCloud data from a back up is that the back up is older than the current version on iCloud and anything that is restored gets removed again when an iCloud sync occurs.

1. Ensure the device is connected to your local network.

2. Start the restore from iCloud back up.

3. Allow the devices settings to restore (watch for the confirmation of completion).

4. As the apps begin to restore pull the connection to your router WAN port (the one that goes to the telephone point).

5. Wait for the time out confirmation.

6. Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn off contact syncing (keep contacts when prompted).

Reconnect the router to the internet and let the restore process complete.

7. Delete any iCloud contacts from iCloud.com on a computer.

Navigate to settings > iCloud and turn on contact syncing (merge contacts when prompted).

• Reply 4 of 8
    Data recovery software's play a vital role to recover the data, photos, email's, unfortunately deleted sms like that many more. In today's technology-dependent businesses, even small disruptions can render highly sophisticated machinery and information technology systems ineffective. Data recovery is one of the most important aspects for business continuity and disaster recovery strategy, along with IT systems and business processes recovery.

[url=http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/iphone-data-recovery.html]IPhone Data Recovery[/url]
    [url=http://www.any-data-recovery.com/product/iphone-data-recovery.html]IPhone 4s Data Recovery[/url]
  • Reply 5 of 8

Hello, friend.

I used to meet the same problem with you. And my friend tell me to use iPhone Data Recovery to retrieve.At last I get all of the data I want back.It is really nice,maybe you can have a try.

• Reply 6 of 8

Actually an almost daily backup is done automatically on iCloud or on iTunes, as it is manual. I do it a little less often. However, the last backup is from about 10 days ago, which may be enough.

The thing is that, in order to restore from a backup (say from iCloud, which is the most updated one), I'd need either to back up my device's current state, maybe under a new name, and then restore, or get another similar device and restore the backup there. 

In both cases I should act before the last backup is overwritten by a new one. On iTunes it's easy, but on iCloud I don't know.

Even loading those data on the Xcode simulator would be enough for me, but I don't know whether or how to recover data from an accidentally deleted app in iPhone.

But it is luck that I finally solve this problem after reading a passage related to this.

• Reply 7 of 8

It is out of desperation.

As I know, some iPhone data recovery software can restore app documents. Maybe you can try it to check whether to recover the iTalk data from iPhone Data Recovery.

I recovered some important data by using the iPhone Data Recovery, so, I think the suggestions might be of use to you.

Get more details of iPhone Data Recovery.