Apple's new PR chief may be former White House Press Secretary Jay Carney, report says

Comments

• Reply 61 of 123
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

You can just imagine how the beta male liberals on here would have reacted if it was known that Apple was hiring somebody who was politically connected to the right.

Of all the things to hate about Obama (and believe me there are plenty) being too far to the left is certainly not one of them.

• Reply 62 of 123
    jessejjessej Posts: 29member

Pathetic. There Are Many GOOD PR Folks To Hire. Why Hire Carney The Lying Scumbag?

• Reply 63 of 123
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,008member
    It doesn't matter if you're a donkey or an elephant, if you're pro or anti Obama. A corporation should minimize any public impression of political leaning. Carney is way too close to the Obama administration and the baggage that carries

Currently, much more of the country thinks poorly of Obama than admires him. Why bring that tarnish to your jewels, especially when an unknown with strong skills would be perfectly fine for that position.
  • Reply 64 of 123
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Wow. Didn't know so many AI commenters were that psychopathic.

Don't worry, there weren't that many who thought this was a good idea. It appears many in this forum are still capable of logical thinking...
  • Reply 65 of 123
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Who give's a shit. Yeah, because that is probably the only kind of people that work at Apple, Liberals./s

Could you comprehend LESS of what has been written? Honestly.

• Reply 66 of 123
    Yes Yes Yes
  • Reply 67 of 123
    gtbuzzgtbuzz Posts: 129member
    undefined
  • Reply 68 of 123

The problem I have with Carney as AAPL's PR director is credibility.  A good PR person puts issues in as positive light as possible without misrepresenting the issues and facts.  And sometimes you need to admit mistakes, in great detail, apologize and state what will be done to fix the problem. 

Mr. Carney does not have this reputation.  Politics required the  spinning of facts and misrepresenting issues.  Fight for the short term and do not worry about the long term.  I do not see how his PR skill set translates into a business environment where reputation is everything to AAPL.  

When PR is critical to managing a crisis, stakeholders need to have confidence they are getting the truth.  Mr. Carney does not have this reputation.

• Reply 69 of 123
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    There is just a small contingency of AI fans who believe Apple is a Conservative Corporation.

Corporations generally are more conservative than liberal. Publicly they may have a liberal face but liberal policies don't work well when someone expects a good or service for their money spent.

I'm sure you wouldn't be happy if you had a problem with your Mac or iPhone and Apple's response was "sorry, we're trying really hard but we're underfunded, if you just gave us a little more money..." See the Maps launch for a real life example. Not to say they don't contribute to public projects or causes, making a profit allows them to do that.
    Where the **** do you get the idea that > 50% of this country is Republican?

Sorry I missed your post, but I see quite a few have answered your question.
  • Reply 70 of 123
    bobschlobbobschlob Posts: 1,074member

Huh,

AI deleted my posts. That's weird.

Can't be the word "shit", I see it that word throughout the comments; "tea bagger"… Really?...

Hmm…  Test: Teabagger    Test: Tea Bagger

• Reply 71 of 123
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

Who give's a shit. Yeah, because that is probably the only kind of people that work at Apple, Liberals./s

Maybe Apple should announce it is thinking about hiring Sarah Palin as PR person.  But doing that would bring out the other side of AI psychopaths.

• Reply 72 of 123
    jfc1138jfc1138 Posts: 3,090member

Uber is faced with  the far more political task so he'd be a better fit there unless he's tired of that crap.

• Reply 73 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by meofcourse View Post

Why would Apple hire a known liar as the face of Apple PR?

What, a younger/hipper PR face for Apple isn't not possible to be hired? Or maybe Apple just really wants to keep that white executive look of Apple in tack?

Cheney's on the short list?

I didn't know that.

Hey maybe with Apple's resources we'll finally find those WMDs that he started a ten trillion dollar war over?

Or not.

• Reply 74 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Maybe Apple should announce it is thinking about hiring Sarah Palin as PR person.  But doing that would bring out the other side of AI psychopaths.

Can she see China from her front porch? That's the growing market....

• Reply 75 of 123
    howiehowie Posts: 68member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by BobSchlob View Post

Huh,

AI deleted my posts. That's weird.

Can't be the word "shit", I see it that word throughout the comments; "tea bagger"… Really?...

Hmm…  Test: Teabagger    Test: Tea Bagger

Dropped right in your eager mouth.

• Reply 76 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Last I checked, Dick Cheney was not being hired by Apple.

Extremist liberals are tragic creatures.

Last I checked neither was Jay Carney.

Actually last you checked his name was allegedly on the list.

• Reply 77 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by meofcourse View Post

Why would Apple hire a known liar as the face of Apple PR?

What, a younger/hipper PR face for Apple isn't not possible to be hired? Or maybe Apple just really wants to keep that white executive look of Apple in tack?

"Face of Apple"?

I couldn't pick the current PR person out of a lineup of one.

Anymore than he was "the face" of the administration..

• Reply 78 of 123
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Zapf Brannigan View Post

Time to lay off the weed, dude, your eggs are overcooked. Multiple investigations ? "nothing there". There are a lot of layers to our bureaucracy, and these things can take months to unravel.

Political double speak has Hillary + Obama on record claiming it was "a spontaneous protest to a video" and later, Hillary trying to play both sides of the fence. Military security was available, in spite of your fallacious suggestion that the mean ol' GOP took away her credit card. I believe the phrase is "spin and blame shift", in your vernacular. I know... what difference does it make, right?

Since ISSA has found squat you can take it to the bank there's nothing there. 

• Reply 79 of 123

Hey, AI! Why did you delete my post? Didn't like the political message? Thanks for defending the First Amendment!

• Reply 80 of 123
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jfc1138 View Post

Can she see China from her front porch? That's the growing market....

Don't know as Palin never 'saw Russia from her house', but Tina Fey from SNL sees EVERYTHING (except how to excel career after SNL!).  Russia from her house and maybe China from her front porch...