I met steve today (pics)

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by Cobra:

<strong>

I think the tray load design is great.

It keeps the lines to a minimum.

It also makes it easier to incorporate new drive technologies in the future.

I guess it is maybe just me though. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Trust me they did not put in tray loading beacuse they whanted to. it was beacuse the supper drive.
  • Reply 42 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>You

lucky

bastard.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

Makes me think of the Seinfeld re-run I saw yesterday with George and the Houston Astros guys.

"You bastards"

"You son of a bitch!"

"Hey bastards, this guys one lucky son of a bitch"

"Yeah the bastard"

"How's it going you son of a bitch?"

Oh man.....

:eek: :eek:
  • Reply 43 of 51
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by Michaelm8000:

<strong>

Trust me they did not put in tray loading beacuse they whanted to. it was beacuse the supper drive.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That might be the case but it was a smart move. Having a slot loading drive in the TiBook is ok since it's so thin, but the iMac doesn't need it. Tray loading is good for future drives.If the CRT iMacs had tray loaders they probably would've gotten a Combo drive at MWNY '01.
  • Reply 44 of 51
    macaddictmacaddict Posts: 1,055member
    [quote]supper drive<hr></blockquote>

HAHA! That's the funniest spelling mistake I've seen in a long time. Supper drive! lol!

Oh, congrats. Once I saw Steve walking around the exhibits near me at MWNY 01. I thought about going up and saying something, but he had a lot of people following him asking for pictures etc. and Steve was clearly very annoyed. He was with his wife and I recalled how he threw the camera and stated he had only gotten a few hours of sleep so I stayed out of his way.
  • Reply 45 of 51
    corvettecorvette Posts: 561member
    [quote]Originally posted by Cobra:

<strong>

I think the tray load design is great.

It keeps the lines to a minimum.

It also makes it easier to incorporate new drive technologies in the future.

I guess it is maybe just me though. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Nop its not just you
  • Reply 46 of 51
    [quote]Originally posted by MacAddict:

<strong>

HAHA! That's the funniest spelling mistake I've seen in a long time. Supper drive! lol!

Oh, congrats. Once I saw Steve walking around the exhibits near me at MWNY 01. I thought about going up and saying something, but he had a lot of people following him asking for pictures etc. and Steve was clearly very annoyed. He was with his wife and I recalled how he threw the camera and stated he had only gotten a few hours of sleep so I stayed out of his way. </strong><hr></blockquote>

Right after the keynote Jobs looked a little annoyed by all the media. But then he just went into this room and every one left. But me them about 10 min latter he came back out with a cup of herbal tea and chated.
  • Reply 47 of 51
    Speaking of Steve sightings, when my shift in the Apple booth ended (Tuesday morning - iTunes/iPod area); Steve and someone else (looked like Ron Johnson) came to talk to a booth manager in the Apple area.

Almost half the visitors in the Apple booth turned in unison. The expressions on their faces all said the same thing: "Is that really Steve?". After a moment of visual confirmation, they all came rushing over towards Steve Jobs; who glanced over, clearly frightened. It was quite funny actually. I didn't hang around long enough, but it wouldn't have surprised me if he turned and ran.
  • Reply 48 of 51
    andersanders Posts: 6,523member
    Makes you think
  • Reply 49 of 51
    danmacmandanmacman Posts: 773member
    No kidding. What do they say about first impressions?
  • Reply 50 of 51
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Someone needs to do a parody of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and make it called "Steve and the Apple Factory."

"I've got a golden iPod! I've got a golden chance to make my way! And with a golden iPod it's a gooooolllldennnn day!"