Samsung brings premium 'Level' headphone and speaker lineup stateside to battle Apple's Beats

Comments

• Reply 81 of 102
    tentaphtentaph Posts: 2member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMan1979 View Post

ROTFLMAO!!! Scamsung photocopiers strike again by ripping off Beats design of the Studio and Solo series!

Only this time, they'll have Jimmie to deal with, and based on how he's now gone after Chinese knock-off makers, Scamsung will be in for a WORLD of pain!!!

Samsung released Level headphones at least a month before Apple bought Beats. so there is no way these headphones were made because of that deal.

Just one link:

http://global.samsungtomorrow.com/?p=36326

Date: May 1

Plus they are releasing headphones and earphones few years already - so this is nothing new for Samsung.

But all this is academic.

Level-Over look and feel much better and classier than any Beats headphones out there. 

As far the sound goes I think it would be really easy to surpass Beats sound quality simply because Beats don't have any ;)

• Reply 82 of 102
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

revenant you're missing the point, this is about emotional hysteria to Samsung, the Skeletor of consumer electronics.  Political and economic realities have no place here.

I understand the point completely.  some think that samsung has copied Beats headphones even though they do look different.  

I only address what Tallest Skil put in his post- which i started by saying let's stick to apple and samsung- meaning that Tallest Skil should not be addressing his views of North and South Korea.

Point your comment of political and economic realities to him. He suggested the pulling the military out of Korea and then the take over of NK by the South, or the bombing of Seoul by NK.

• Reply 83 of 102
    gctwnlgctwnl Posts: 278member

One must respect their tenacity to try to copy everything Apple does.

OTOH, such a product is not created in a space of weeks, so either Apple pre-empted Samsung's release by buying Beats or Samsung was already aware of Apple's intentions for a longer period or it is just a natural move for both of them.

Anyway, if it is that tenacity, it offers a good opportunity for Apple to trip them up. Maybe Apple can announce a line of intelligent trash cans? And then we see what Samsung announces? Or that 'wearable' :D that was announced on Scoopertino a while back?

• Reply 84 of 102
    "When I read about this earlier today I thought it was a new "copycat" product that Samsung brought out after the Apple/Beats deal. I was mistaken. The Level series was introduced back in April, prior to any Beats purchase rumor. The news today was simply that the product will now be available in the US too. My bad."

> So, basically, they copied Beats instead of Apple before the deal. The only thing it's missing is an "s" on each earpiece to replicate the "b".

I bet you could hear the collective "gulp" in Sammy's boardroom after Apple acquired Beats. Hopefully, Tim Cook will let Jimmy Levine lose on their a$$es!
  • Reply 85 of 102
    jungmarkjungmark Posts: 6,926member
    revenant wrote: »
    so... beats owns the shape and style of most headphones now.  they should also sue Sure, Sony, Panasonic, Klipsch, etc.  

the samsung ones have more padding/cushion, the outside ear pieces are different, and no doubt sound different.  

i like apple too- but sheesh.  it is like suing every bicycle company because someone came up with a two wheeler with a seat and handlebars.  

zealots take a day off.

Sammy has a history of stealing designs from other companies. No one is suing. It just continues a pattern of thievery.
    connie wrote: »
    I know that the readers of AI are some of the most intelligent people in the world. But I just want to mention that although Apple has done a lot of inventive things trough out the years, I do not think Apple invented the speaker or headphones. I think these products existed long before Apple was even a company. I might be wrong, but I am just saying.

No one said Apple invented headphones. Again, it's Sammy proving its rep as a thieving company.
  • Reply 86 of 102
    jakebjakeb Posts: 562member

I wish they would just come out and admit that copying anything Apple does or is rumored to launch soon is their strategy. It's getting silly at this point. 

• Reply 87 of 102
    rayzrayz Posts: 814member

Right, it's a pair of headphones. There's not a lot that anyone can do with headphones that won't make them look like . . .  another pair of headphones.

I think a lot of people are missing the point. Samsung is done copying Apple's products. They've tried it, been allowed to get away with it, and the result is that their profits are collapsing while Apple's are still rising.

This is the next move: try to copy Apple's strategy, even though they don't really understand what that strategy is.

Apple bought a headphones company. From Samsung's viewpoint, this means headphones are the next big thing, so watch for fifty different 'premium' headphone models dropping on the US market by Christmas.

• Reply 88 of 102
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by revenant View Post

Point your comment of political and economic realities to him. He suggested the pulling the military out of Korea and then the take over of NK by the South, or the bombing of Seoul by NK.

Are you saying that the Korean War will end in any other way? What makes you think this? That’s obviously how the war will end.

• Reply 89 of 102
    tcaseytcasey Posts: 199member

at what level will the govt. stop samsung....there must be a limit to ripping people off....

• Reply 90 of 102
    Quote:

Originally Posted by tcasey View Post

at what level will the govt. stop samsung....there must be a limit to ripping people off....

Government?

• Reply 91 of 102
    Originally Posted by island hermit View Post

Government?

Protects intellectual property, yes. What are you confused about?

• Reply 92 of 102
    island hermitisland hermit Posts: 6,217member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Protects intellectual property, yes. What are you confused about?

Sure... if you want the government involved in everything.

Bring it on!

More government! More government! More government!

• Reply 93 of 102
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

I understand the point completely.  some think that samsung has copied Beats headphones even though they do look different.  

I only address what Tallest Skil put in his post- which i started by saying let's stick to apple and samsung- meaning that Tallest Skil should not be addressing his views of North and South Korea.

Sorry, I was being facetious in my post, and that wasn't clear enough.  My intention was to state that I agree with you and most reasonable people would too, but there's little point in trying to interject reason and reality into these Samsung-bashathons and anti-Korea rants.

• Reply 94 of 102

Sure... if you want the government involved in everything. Bring it on! More government! More government! More government!

Yeah, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the argument at hand. Protection of intellectual property has always been a fundamental power granted to the federal government. It is one of the few things that has been agreed upon for the last 230 years. Stick to campaigning against real problems with government overreach.

• Reply 95 of 102
    Quote:

Yeah, that has nothing whatsoever to do with the argument at hand. Protection of intellectual property has always been a fundamental power granted to the federal government. It is one of the few things that has been agreed upon for the last 230 years. Stick to campaigning against real problems with government overreach.

Agreed upon?

Hardly.

Every thread on the subject has dozens of theories about what should be protected and what should not be protected. I can see why the government doesn't really want to wade into this matter too deeply.

... and this in a thread about Samsung headphones that look like every other headphone... not just Beats.

Rant on!

• Reply 96 of 102

Agreed upon? Hardly.

Guess that’s why the signatories at the Constitutional Convention were dead set on letting it happen, huh.

The protection of ideas is one of the few explicitly written out powers of the federal government. Right there in the first document that granted the government power at all.

Every thread on the subject has dozens of theories about what should be protected and what should not be protected.

Yes, and they’re morons. 

“But you also…”

Morons. :p 

• Reply 97 of 102
    revenantrevenant Posts: 621member
    Quote:

Point your comment of political and economic realities to him.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Sorry, I was being facetious in my post, and that wasn't clear enough.  My intention was to state that I agree with you and most reasonable people would too, but there's little point in trying to interject reason and reality into these Samsung-bashathons and anti-Korea rants.

my fault- i just take the Korean bashing a little seriously.  especially over headphones that look like headphones, like all the other... headphones. Nuke Korea- problem solved. (ugh).

• Reply 98 of 102
    Quote:

Guess that’s why the signatories at the Constitutional Convention were dead set on letting it happen, huh.

The protection of ideas is one of the few explicitly written out powers of the federal government. Right there in the first document that granted the government power at all.

Yes, and they’re morons. 

“But you also…”

Morons. :p 

When those laws were penned things weren't so complex. I can just imagine the morass that would greet the government if it stepped too far into this area. Apple vs. Samsung would just be one of thousands and instead of taking 5,6, or 7 years it would take 12, 15, 20 years to have cases settled. Literally crippling international trade.

Job well done.

• Reply 99 of 102
    flabberflabber Posts: 100member
    Level Overpriced in my opinion. The Beats Pro are also overpriced for what they deliver, and Samsung wants to compete with it? At least make the audio sound better and the headphone quality better. By a lot.

The 350,- range is for (semi)professional grade headphones. If you want to sell headphones at this range, don't compare them to Beats. Beats sound nice for anyone searching for a lot of bass, a bit too much of it to be called "great sound".
  • Reply 100 of 102
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Quote:

Originally Posted by flabber View Post

Level Overpriced in my opinion.

Have you listened to a pair?  What are you basing this on?