Former White House Press Secretary Carney still considering Apple PR role, Bloomberg says

Comments

• Reply 161 of 230
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    solipsismx wrote: »
    Your comment is a lie, as [@]mstone[/@] clearly showed.

Keith Olbermann? Like I would believe anything he said. :lol:

Anyway for all the Bush hatred, he actually defended Obama and told the media that Obama should keep playing golf.
  • Reply 162 of 230
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    rogifan wrote: »
    Keith Olbermann? Like I would believe anything he said. :lol:

:no:
  • Reply 163 of 230
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Jim gave much more than a "yep" for Aperture. Apple actually provided a statement to him. Do you consider Apple providing a statement on no future development of Aperture to be not important information? I seem to remember a lot or people upset about it.

Apple disclosed the Aperture demise to multiple tech blogs; a quick Internet search confirmed this. Dalrymple did not have an exclusive. 

Sure, Apple provided Jim with a statement, but they also provided a statement to many of his tech media competitors as well.

That's why Jim had much more to say about it as did the other tech media folks who received the same notification.

Heck, if Dalrymple had an exclusive, I probably would have remembered it.

Remember that Jim also writes about things that are commonplace knowledge to the tech media; he doesn't just post exclusives.

• Reply 164 of 230
    splifsplif Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Once the war started George W Bush never played golf again while President.

G.W. Bush took over 300 days of vacation at this point in his Presidency...Obama 92 days. What does that have to do with anything?

• Reply 165 of 230
    Quote:

Because teabagger isn't name calling? image

That's what they called themselves before they became the Tea Party.

• Reply 166 of 230
    mgsarchmgsarch Posts: 50member
    Quote:

Once the war started George W Bush never played golf again while President.

This is not even true and Bush gave Obama a pass on the golf playing.

Bush's last game was on Oct. 13, 2003. War started in March of the year.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/george-w-bush-obama-doesnt-deserve-criticism-for-golf-outings/

• Reply 167 of 230
    splif wrote: »
    That's what they called themselves before they became the Tea Party.

Huh! Seems strange but then again it's a case of thinking through something completely so it does fit their MO.
  • Reply 168 of 230
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Huh! Seems strange but then again it's a case of thinking through something completely so it does fit their MO.

Yup: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/teabagger

• Reply 169 of 230
    mgsarch wrote: »

"President Bush later explained that he stopped playing golf out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq."

Guilt over sending kids to die in a fabricated war whose only purpose was to enrich certain companies even at the expense of destroying this nation?
  • Reply 170 of 230
    Quote:

Originally Posted by hmm View Post

Perino served for three years on the U.S. Broadcasting Board of Governors, an appointment by President Obama and confirmed by the United States Senate.

Truth is stranger than fiction (& zealotry), oh the irony.

• Reply 171 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

"President Bush later explained that he stopped playing golf out of respect for the families of Americans killed in the war in Iraq."

Guilt over sending kids to die in a fabricated war whose only purpose was to enrich certain companies even at the expense of destroying this nation?

That's Obama's fault also, along with bad weather, being the anti-christ, Hitler, terrorist fist bumps & trying to indoctrinate our children into his cult ./s

• Reply 172 of 230
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

Obama's statements and ultimatums don't mean anything at all. Remember his "red line" on Syria? Hahahaha. 

Yup, I remember that Congress wanted a say on any military action to be taken in Syria...which the President said he would give them. Then a deal was struck with Syria to remove all the  chemical weapons from that country, which was just completed. Imagine the possibility of those weapons in the hands of ISIS. How do you know who to arm in the Middle East in conflicts like Syria? Remember the Mujahideen in Afghanistan?

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/john-mccains-islamist-photo-op-demonstrates-the-problem-with-material-support/

• Reply 173 of 230

So Obama's played golf while President? Who really gives a shit? I'd argue the world's and Apple itself's got far more important things going on than which President made par or which guy is hired as Apple's PR person.

• Reply 174 of 230
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Chuckle and guffaw. They’re cops...

Well the chuckles and guffaw would be on you for now. Better luck next election.

• Reply 175 of 230
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

Well the chuckles and guffaw would be on you for now. Better luck next election.

How about you not put words in my mouth and just don’t contradict yourself instead?

• Reply 176 of 230
    redefilerredefiler Posts: 323member
    Quote:

Conjecture. Obama may not be popular among your political affiliation but then he never was. Among his own constituents he is as popular as ever. These are very trying times and often there are no right answers, Republicans don't have any answers, They only have an agenda - stop Obama from executing anything regardless of how beneficial or logical it might be. Grid lock is not helping anyone.

Republicans would surly have started world war three by now if they had been in office. With Obama, we couldn't be in better hands in my opinion. Lately the world has become a very dangerous place and it is not due to anything the president has done. The problems are mostly from external sources such as Islamic militants, which remind me very much of Republicans in their conservative ideology. 

This is case in point, why partisan politics has become a turn-off to the majority of Americans, outside the limited scope of those who are irrationally, emotionally invested in cheesy political theater.  Both parties have become loser cults for raising and culling disenfranchised weirdos, and anyone with limited scruples.  The difference between your screed and the insane diatribes of creationists is only the target of the deity worship.  The moral equivalency logic you use is a dead give away, that no matter what your team does, you're ready to shift blame to the other side (of the same coin).

You mention 'conjecture'?  How dare you.  You are comparing Obama's policies to hypothetical (extremely paranoid) speculations of what Republicans might have done.  The same kinda hate preaching, fire and brimstone that churches have used for millennia to tame peasants and vilify outsiders.  Democrats don't start a lot of wars?  Democrats aren't tied to the hips of Republicans?  Obama has more than enough blood on his hands, and tying to minimize this through comparison to anyone else is the folly of the weak minded and the intellectually dishonest, driven entirely by emotional (religious) fervor.  We get it, you think Republicans are the devil, and that Democrats are saintly.

So save the illogical propaganda for your Sunday school and church gatherings, Jimmy.  Obama sucks just as hard as Bush.  He's just had different sucking opportunities, and hasn't yet missed out on a single one.  :smokey:

• Reply 177 of 230
    hmmhmm Posts: 3,405member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splif View Post

Truth is stranger than fiction (& zealotry), oh the irony.

I was actually just trying to point out that it makes little sense to restrict someone's career prospects based on perceived political affiliation when there isn't a direct conflict of interest. If the chairman of the FCC leaves to work for one of the cable companies, you should be really skeptical due to the potential conflict of interest between roles. That kind of issue doesn't really exist here. A few people just dislike almost anyone they can directly associate with Obama's administration, yet at the same time I doubt the response would have been better if these governmental positions were left unfilled. In the case of my example, I don't recall any real outrage at the time, nor do I see a reason for it.

• Reply 178 of 230
    redefilerredefiler Posts: 323member
    x

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmm View Post

I was actually just trying to point out that it makes little sense to restrict someone's career prospects based on perceived political affiliation when there isn't a direct conflict of interest. If the chairman of the FCC leaves to work for one of the cable companies, you should be really skeptical due to the potential conflict of interest between roles. That kind of issue doesn't really exist here. A few people just dislike almost anyone they can directly associate with Obama's administration, yet at the same time I doubt the response would have been better if these governmental positions were left unfilled. In the case of my example, I don't recall any real outrage at the time, nor do I see a reason for it.

Jay Carey naturally sneers, regardless of political association, that makes for a lousy prospect in consumer PR where its all about smiles.

The political thing, especially his very high profile in certain ludicrous 'narratives', totally torpedoes his chances of every working for a credible technology company.  Which just leaves Google.  Who knows maybe he could help advertise some of their other products aside from YouTube, which according to Jay Carey, will get you shot dead and dragged through the streets of Egypt.  He could also help advertise how useful Google search is, when you are looking to blame YouTube for murders.  Can the iPhone do that?  :smokey: 

• Reply 179 of 230
    rcabagercabage Posts: 1member
    He is not likable. A large majority of customers aka citizens in the US do not like him. Shouldn't a press secretary be likable?
  • Reply 180 of 230
    jessejjessej Posts: 29member
    Quote:

Conjecture. Obama may not be popular among your political affiliation but then he never was. Among his own constituents he is as popular as ever.

That is actually completely false. The only conjecture is what you just tried to pass off as fact ? your fact-free OPINION. The only people Obama is still popular with: fake liberals and/or those who are completely clueless.

Quinnipiac University Poll, June/July 2014

A plurality of voters think Barack Obama is the worst president since World War II

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/07/poll-obama-worst-president-since-wwii-108507.html

Obama has the highest disapproval rating of his tenure thus far, from plurality of voters polled: 53% disapprove, his worst score yet. That means Obama is currently less popular, including with his own base, than he ever has been.

Poor black Chicago folks [former Obama supporters], July 2014:

Obama Will Go Down as Worst President Ever

Other poor black Chicago folks after Obama's 2014 State of the Union

Poor Chicago Blacks to Obama: "Just Quit"

The rest of your comment is nonsense as well, and I hate Bush so don't bother.

Problems from Islamic terrorists?

Obama supports and protects radical Islamic terrorists, including al-Qaeda's fighters and main financiers. Syria, Libya, anyone?

5 & 1/2 years ago, Obama promised 9/11 Families to their faces, in the White House, that he would declassify the 28-page chapter of the Congressional Joint Inquiry into 9/11 that details at least some of the 9/11 Hijackers finance and support network pre-9/11, fully classified by Bush. More than 5 years later, after another fake Obama promise: still classified. Obama blocks 9/11 FAMILIES from justice, including BLACK 9/11 FAMILIES.

But since you won't want to just trust me, here:

March 2014 Press Conference, Washington, DC

9/11 Families & US Congressmen

Just watch the intro by former Sen. Bob Graham (D-FL) then fast-forward to Rep. Thomas Massie (R-KY) @ 17:51. Enjoy.

Obama 'Declassify the 28 Pages on Foreign Financing of 9/11'

Obama protects al-Qaeda and blocks BLACK 9/11 Families and Survivors

Interview with Carver sisters and Emanuel Lipscomb • 'Declassify the 28 Pages' Press Conference

Obama protects al-Qaeda and blocks WHITE 9/11 Families and Survivors

Interview with 9/11 Widow Terry Strada • 'Declassify the 28 Pages' Press Conference

Further watching, if interested:

9/11: Press for Truth

Starring leading 9/11 Families

Untold Stories of the 9/11 Families - In their own words

Starring leading 9/11 Families

Press Conference: Leading 9/11 Families Demand New 9/11 Investigation, 2006

Just watch 9/11 Mother, Donna Marsh O'Connor @ 13:35

And Finally

What USG whistleblowers privately told leading 9/11 Families:

Quote:

"The [Bush] government knew - other than the exact moment - they knew the date and the method of which the attacks were supposed to come. And none of this made it to mainstream media; none of it made it into the 9/11 commission report. And yet, again, all of your Representatives on the day that the commission book came out were on their pulpits saying 'what a fabulous job this commission has done, a real service to this nation.' And it was anything but a service, it was a complete fabrication. [The government knew] other than the exact perhaps time - you know, because planes don't always go off on time. They knew the date, they knew the method; that it was going to be with airplanes. They knew that it was that day [9/11] and they were going to happen. They knew the targets."

- Patricia Casazza, whose husband John Casazza died in the World Trade Center

Watch Patricia Casazza say that @ 19:55

"Jersey Girl" Patty Casazza and Bob McIlvaine

Patricia Casazza is a leading 9/11 family member, a "Jersey Girl" who helped force the Bush administration to have a public investigation of 9/11 (the 9/11 Commission that became the Cover-up Commission) and she is 1 of *only* 16 families/family members who lead the 6,000 family member 9/11 group, 9/11 Families United to Bankrupt Terrorism. She also voted Bush 2000, Bush thanked her by helping murder her husband in the 9/11 attacks and protected al-Qaeda's Saudi 9/11 financiers.

9/11 Families United to Bankrupt Terrorism

http://www.justiceagainstterrorism.org/news.php

OBAMA STILL BLOCKS ALL THOSE 9/11 FAMILIES FROM JUSTICE.

PS. I still think Bush was the worst POTUS in my lifetime thus far, but Obama is rated across the political spectrum as worst POTUS. So your "Obama is still wildy popular with his base" is baseless, fake fact. There is a TON more I could say, such as N.S.A. illegal spying expanded with Obama, or how Obama protects and defends Bush and all Iraq War architects for Iraq. But your OPINION's already completely wrong, so why bother? Peace.