are you fool enough to buy a powermac now ?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Incredible : absolutely no change in the specifications of the powermac line nor the prizes. Even the powerbook have more RAM : 1 GB for the ultime model : nothing for the powermac.

I don't think that many people will wish to buy a powermac those days. They better wait the new model, and apple better stop his production of powermacs now, and (let's hope) start the production of the new ones.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    wrong robotwrong robot Posts: 3,907member
    just another of the many signs pointing to the update RIGHT AROUND the corner

if apple WASN"T about to update the powermac then they would slash the price by a couple hundred all around, and they would add more ram and maybe bigger HDs or something, and if they weren't going to update the Pmac for a while they would have speed bumped it a little(but not much)
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Keep hope alive.

933 G4 coming on April!
  • Reply 3 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Scott H.:

<strong>Keep hope alive.

933 G4 coming on April!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Nice scoop Scott H !

• Reply 4 of 8
    katekate Posts: 172member
    are you fool enough to buy a powermac now ?

no.

• Reply 5 of 8
    powerdocpowerdoc Posts: 8,123member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kate:

<strong>are you fool enough to buy a powermac now ?

no.

</strong><hr></blockquote>

I wasn't expecting an another answer from you kate

• Reply 6 of 8
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Nope, I'm not. But it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the existing models won't be around much longer - at least not if past promotions are any indication of the future. Yah, it's really lame they didn't at least give us a modest speed bump or make the Super Drive standard yesterday, but this is what happens when you depend on an inept partner for the most important component used in your products.

Instead of worrying about CPU labels and case designs, I'm simply waiting for a machine with a certain combination of specifications and price to be released before I upgrade, knowing that said machine will get me through the next three or four years without much problem.

*shrug* What the hell else can you do. I don't need to buy a 1.6 GHz Dell or Gateway and run XP for a week in order to figure out such a machine isn't more capable than the one I already have, and is still less reliable, regardless of any lame Winstone benchmarks.
  • Reply 7 of 8
    corvettecorvette Posts: 561member
    Your average man or company who do not sit in front of their macs or TechTV to religiously watch the keynote or go over to apple.com realize that new hardware has come out.

Thus companies such as printing won't know what's going on so they will indeed purchase the powermacs.

I have seen it done before. Some companies only receive word of new products just by if someone gets a catalog at home.. you know how long that takes.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    norfanorfa Posts: 171member
    My place of employment took my order for a powermac in november. They are engotiating some kind of lease arrangement and nothing has been ordered yet, The new iMac is way above the specs of the powermac I ordered and has the superdrive , whiuch the one I ordered doesn't, and it's for video editing. So, can I change my order?, no. So I'm not the fool buying the powermac right now, but my employer is. It is so gratifying working for the supreme bozo's of the world.