Samsung says iPhone 5s users have 'screen envy' of Galaxy S5 in latest ad

Comments

• Reply 21 of 105
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    Why are they attacking things that will almost certainly be "fixed" with iPhone 6?

Do they really not understand that these attacks look irrelevant and silly to anyone who is paying even the slightest bit of attention?
  • Reply 22 of 105
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    iaeen wrote: »
    Why are they attacking things that will almost certainly be "fixed" with iPhone 6?

Do they really not understand that these attacks look irrelevant and silly to anyone who is paying even the slightest bit of attention?

These ads aren't about winning new customers but keeping their current ones.
  • Reply 23 of 105
    bighypebighype Posts: 148member
    Crapsung is getting desperate! LOL
  • Reply 24 of 105
    bigalmacbigalmac Posts: 17member
    from the title...
    "Samsung says iPhone 5s users have 'screen envy' of Galaxy S5 in latest ad"

Like anything Samsung says is actually true.
    They lost credibility with their ads & claims a long time ago.
  • Reply 25 of 105
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

In every other Samsung ad I would agree, but not in this case. They are targeting, for a very limited time, people who want a big screen NOW!

As Satchmo pointed out, 2 months, then everyone in the market for a phone will know there is a larger iPhone.

The thing that could actually backfire on Samsung, and I'm sure they know the risk, is that potential buyers did not know a bigger iPhone was coming and now will just wait. Samsung knows that their one remaining selling point is soon to be moot.

Personally I think they should have written the ad as iPhone user saying: "I wish iPhone had a bigger screen" without the mention of the imminent  large screen upgrade.

• Reply 26 of 105
    iaeeniaeen Posts: 588member
    solipsismx wrote: »

I don't see how that matters. The argument is moot regardless of whether or not I am a Samsung customer.
  • Reply 27 of 105
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    iaeen wrote: »
    I don't see how that matters. The argument is moot regardless of whether or not I am a Samsung customer.

If you are reinforcing your user base to prevent them from jumping ship it's not silly or irrelevant.
  • Reply 28 of 105

It's so true.  My iPhone 5 was amazingly cool when I got it, but it's looking so clunky and dated now.  They've really tapped into what a lot of Apple customers are asking - how much longer?  It's been difficult to ignore Samsung's progress with screens.

It appears that Apple continues to aim for groundbreaking but infrequent hardware updates.  For laptops and iPads, that's fine for me.  It will be interesting to see how that strategy plays out long-term in the ADHD phone market though.  If you have nothing new to talk about, you have nothing to talk about at all, and Apple really needs something to talk about right now.

• Reply 29 of 105
    At least Apple does something to stop child labor when it's found in their associated workforces. Samsung doesn't seem to care if children are found in their associated workforces.
  • Reply 29 of 105
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,822member

I haven't seen a scamsung phone yet in which the screen displays the fidelity of Apple's. This in part because Galaxy screens appear quite dim. I don't stop and ask users whether they have their screen deliberately dimmed, although perhaps this is standard operating procedure. My eyes, weary with age, appreciate the bright, sharp screen that Apple employs. The ability of any imaging system to resolve detail (and the human eye is particularly dependent) is a function also of image brightness. I'm often surprised at the level of detail that my tired eyes can discern on the iPhone screen (the font helps).

• Reply 31 of 105
    pdq2pdq2 Posts: 270member

Samsung has profit envy.

• Reply 32 of 105
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    Well that's a waste of time. It's not a feature it a size. The iPhone had everything else before samsung copied it. What a waste of time. Screen envy. What about the galaxy S5 with the fingerprint sensor that doesn't work or the health sensors that were rushed becasue of the iPhone 6 coming with Heath sensor and let me not mention the galaxy gear that was rushed way beyond development.
  • Reply 33 of 105
    formosaformosa Posts: 261member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by leavingthebigG View Post

Samsung is promoting a rumor that Apple is coming out with a larger iPhone screen. The people who not aware of the rumors are being made aware of the rumors thanks to Samsung spending mucho money to promote the rumors. How stupid can this company get?

Exactly. And baffling. Inform more of the general public.

This is Apple's best commercial for the iPhone 6. Utterly ironic.

• Reply 34 of 105
    woochiferwoochifer Posts: 385member

Serious question. Has ANYONE seen any of these recent Samsung ads in any kind of paid placement? The more strident they become, the more I'm convinced that Samsung's trolling for page clicks and attention by stirring up crap on tech sites.

If anything, this renewed anti-Apple campaign is flat out bizarre, given that Samsung makes millions of smaller-screened Galaxy phones, and they make millions of phones with crappy battery life, and they make millions of phones with LCD screens. These ads have taken aim at Apple, but they're doing plenty of collateral damage by pointing out the weaknesses with the majority of their own phones in the process.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdq2 View Post

Samsung has profit envy.

It might get worse after Apple's quarterlies are announced tomorrow.

• Reply 35 of 105
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    Whilst there are plenty of people who want the larger screen iPhone there are still a lot who prefer the size of the 5S over the larger screen phones including the Galaxy S5.
  • Reply 36 of 105
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member

Their ads are reasonably amusing, but their current sales are nothing to laugh at.

• Reply 37 of 105

It is quite fascinating to watch this coordinated attacks from Samsung.  A couple of days ago there were several articles on "Why I finally switched from iPhone to Samsung S5 (screen size)" articles showed up on the news aggregator sites such as Google News, Yahoo News.  Then this AI "coverage" about the commercial.  I'm sure AI is getting paid by Samsung for every S5 coverage.  It was obviously executed in response to negative PR from last week about how poorly S5 sales was compared to S4 and S3.

• Reply 38 of 105

If you look at the comments for that ad most of the commenter's are recommending to get other phones (LG, Sony, HTC, Apple). Their are a few Samesung fans but most are not. I think the public has woken up to Scamsung and are moving on to the next big thing.

• Reply 39 of 105
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

It is quite fascinating to watch this coordinated attacks from Samsung.  A couple of days ago there were several articles on "Why I finally switched from iPhone to Samsung S5 (screen size)" articles showed up on the news aggregator sites such as Google News, Yahoo News.  Then this AI "coverage" about the commercial.  I'm sure AI is getting paid by Samsung for every S5 coverage.  It was obviously executed in response to negative PR from last week about how poorly S5 sales was compared to S4 and S3.

Nah. Samsung stories always generate a lot of heat here, so they'll keep posting them.

• Reply 40 of 105
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Oh Samsung are you pathetic....pathetically obsessed with Apple. 

Apple is the one that continually sues Samsung, not the other way around.  Apple needs to end their obsession and just let them make phones.  People are smart enough to decide which phone they want.  Apple gave up fighting Microsoft years ago, and now look at their relationship.  If Apple releases larger iPhones, then they would be jumping on the bandwagon that other phone manufacturers started years ago.  You cannot dispute that.  I am looking forward to a 4.7" model to replace my old iPhone 4S, but I would not want a 5.5" model; that is way too big.