Apple to again wipe CloudKit database for iOS 8 and Yosemite betas [u]

Posted:
in iCloud edited August 2014
As Apple heads into the next stage of software testing for its upcoming mobile and desktop operating systems, the company announced a second wipe of the CloudKit database serving iOS 8 and OS X 10.10 Yosemite betas will take place on July 22.

As pointed out in the OS X Yosemite seed note issued on Monday, Apple will perform a scheduled wipe of CloudKit databases tomorrow. The first data dump came earlier in July, affecting both public and private iCloud data connected to the current iOS 8 and Yosemite beta builds.

Apple did not provide further information regarding the upcoming action, though the initial server-side CloudKit wipe affected iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library and Mail Drop attachments.

After the most recent expungement, Apple deleted photos and videos stored in the new iCloud Photo Library, but allowed users to retain files on their iOS 8 devices. Content was automatically uploaded to Photo Library after the process was complete. the same automation should be available for iCloud Drive documents, though developers had to re-enable the feature using Apple's Setup Assistant.

Finally, email attachments sent with the Mail Drop feature will expire, meaning users have to resend messages with new attachment links. With Mail Drop, Apple bypasses the usual content attachment data limit by uploading to iCloud files up to 5GB in size, then includes a link in the message body for recipient access.

When Apple launches the anticipated operating systems this fall, both will feature deep integration with iCloud features like Dropbox-style storage in iCloud Drive and content sharing services like iCloud Photo Library.

Update: Apple has sent out a note to developers regarding the upcoming data wipe, clarifying that iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library and Mail Drop will not be affected by the procedure.
We will perform a server-side data wipe on all CloudKit public databases on July 22. If you are using iCloud containers with public databases, consider creating a copy of your data so that you can re-upload once the data wipe is complete. iCloud Drive, iCloud Photo Library, and Mail Drop will not be impacted by the targeted data wipe.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    This is a perfect example of why a 'beta' is a 'beta'. How are people still not getting that?
  • Reply 2 of 9
    igerbiligerbil Posts: 7member
    Just found a nicely discounted Swift course on Udemy.... 70% off to celebrate Xcode beta4 release
    www.udemy.com/swiftdeveloper/?couponCode=SWIFT-BETA4
  • Reply 3 of 9
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by THEMAC1NT0SH View Post

This is a perfect example of why a 'beta' is a 'beta'. How are people still not getting that?

There are a fresh batch of dopey, naive kids every year, ones who have never installed beta software, had sex, traveled outside their country, owned real estate, whatever.

Remember, here in the USA, the population continues to grow. I believe every month about 120K new jobs need to be created just to keep unemployment flat.

No one is born with all the wisdom of the world.

Just go to the cellphone section of Yahoo Answers and read the myriad "help me I dropped my phone in the toilet" pleas for help from the mostly teenage crowd there. Remember, some day, they will end up behind the wheel of a motor vehicle for the very first time. 

Some people must learn the hard way. Chalk it up to human nature.

• Reply 4 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member
    mpantone wrote: »
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">There are a fresh batch of dopey, naive kids every year, ones who have never installed beta software, had sex, traveled outside their country, owned real estate, whatever.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Remember, here in the USA, the population continues to grow. I believe every month about 120K new jobs need to be created just to keep unemployment flat.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">No one is born with all the wisdom of the world.</span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Just go to the cellphone section of Yahoo Answers and read the myriad "help me I dropped my phone in the toilet" pleas for help from the mostly teenage crowd there. Remember, some day, they will end up behind the wheel of a motor vehicle for the very first time. </span>

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">Some people must learn the hard way. Chalk it up to human nature.</span>

You wrote all that in response to a comment about beta software? Rest assured those of us with developer accounts are not totally without a brain cell. :D
  • Reply 5 of 9
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,727member

What people are you referring to?
  • Reply 6 of 9

To wipe CloudKit database for iOS 8 and Yosemite betas you need to use SafeEraser. It is the best software that helps you to wipe out all the information permanently and thus it cannot be recoverable by any means not even by iOS Data Recovery software. It is one of the best iDevice “erase” tools specifically designed for wiping out all the data and personal details from the device. It turns your iDevice to “Clean Slate” new one before you sell, gift or trade it in.

For More Information: http://www.softwaredownloadcentre.com/software/safe-eraser.php

• Reply 7 of 9

Quite a few years joined [url=http://www.fifacoins2u.com/]Fifa 14 Coins[/url] inside many decades and even all sorts of things are highly wonderful. Because if it was subsequently last week, the number of walked with you via the shore belonging to the liquid, always developing arm rest, arm rest gradually throwing, looking at ones own diet and lifestyle up to date mutually. Always a great deal per each several other, it was subsequently ones own fabulous [url=http://www.fifacoins2u.com/]FIfa 15 Coins[/url] everlasting nature. Fingertips registered through, entwined mutually per each several other which could be golden nugget would not want to end up more joyful.

• Reply 8 of 9

vfdzfds

• Reply 9 of 9

ngcfhgfhgf