Apple granted comprehensive 'iTime' smartwatch patent with in-strap circuitry, arm gesture support

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 100
    truffoltruffol Posts: 50member
    In strap circuitry probably makes sense to maximize the room they have for sensors. But that means no aftermarket watch bands!
  • Reply 82 of 100
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    gtr wrote: »
    In a world where Kanye West has a net worth of a $100,000,000 I wouldn't place too much importance on judging the true worth of a person by their bank balance.

And how will the world look back on the legacy of Steve Ballmer in twenty years?

By the way, that "$100 million" figure is baloney: http://www.forbes.com/profile/kanye-west/
  • Reply 83 of 100
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    By the way, that "$100 million" figure is baloney: http://www.forbes.com/profile/kanye-west/

That's still $30,000,000 too much.

And my original point still stands. Money does not make the man.
  • Reply 84 of 100
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    gtr wrote: »
    Money does not make the man.

It doesn't hurt, but I agree he's a talentless twerp.
  • Reply 85 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mpantone View Post

iTime Is Running Out (of battery life), by Muse

;)

iTime by Pink Floyd!

• Reply 86 of 100
    Quote:

Originally Posted by GTR View Post

In a world where Kanye West has a net worth of a $100,000,000 I wouldn't place too much importance on judging the true worth of a person by their bank balance.

And how will the world look back on the legacy of Steve Ballmer in twenty years?

You seriously do not have to answer GatorGuy. His stupid trolling is getting very, very irritating.

I understood that your statement was in jest. He knew it as well, but decide to state some shit just because 'the Apple fanbois' heckle Ballmer's short-sighted view of the iPhone.

I have put him on my ignore list but sometimes when I see his comments in other people's replies, I notice that his crusade of trolling AI is endless.

• Reply 87 of 100
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

You don’t have to read posts to think you have the right to reply to them, so I’ll say no to your question. The response won’t matter; you won’t read it anyway.

You really need to get over this hang up of yours.  It isn't true, as should be obvious to any right-minded person.

And your answer is ridiculous, stop calling people trolls for no reason.

• Reply 88 of 100
    jaffajaffa Posts: 15member
    The important part of any patent is the 'claims' section, everything else is waffle. This is a very weak patent, the first (main) claim is very detailed, presumably to avoid prior-art, consequently this claim is easy to circumvent and essentially worthless. Everything else is based on that first claim.

No-one is going to make a mobile device that snaps into a wristband that contains other circuitry for communications or gps. Chipsets available now mean all the functionality of such a device will be tightly integrated.

Irrelevant in 2014.
  • Reply 89 of 100
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

You really need to...

...stop proving me right, then.

And your answer is ridiculous, stop calling people trolls for no reason. 

1. Never happened.

2. READ. THE. POST.

• Reply 90 of 100

Capitalising things doesn't make them more valid or true.  You used the label of concern troll to describe a post that was notably lacking in any concern.  I can read just fine, and from my point of view that seems ridiculous.

If that's not what you meant (I really do try and give you the benefit of the doubt, but you make it so goddamn hard with your constant hostility) then, as ever, a little clarification would be welcome.  If you were a little less snippy and antagonistic then maybe I wouldn't need to ask.

And btw, you've never been proven right on this subject.  Am I answering you right now with pertinent conversation?  Yes I am.  I can read.  I think you can too.  What you can't seem to do is hold discourse in a civil manner.  Grow up.

• Reply 91 of 100

You used the label of concern troll to describe a post that was notably lacking in any concern. I can read just fine, and from my point of view that seems ridiculous.

It would be ridiculous if you were right. I suppose YOU have proof, then, that a watch was Steve Jobs’ last whatever. Because he certainly doesn’t.

Oh, no! I capitalized another word! Though it did seem to get you to read it. Maybe I should type in all caps.

And btw, you've never been proven right on this subject.

Your constant refusal to read posts as written proves me right many times over.

• Reply 92 of 100
    Quote:

It would be ridiculous if you were right. I suppose YOU have proof, then, that a watch was Steve Jobs’ last whatever. Because he certainly doesn’t.

I don't have proof and I doubt he does.  I don't even believe that what he said is true.  But making an assumption/claim doesn't equate to being a concern troll.  Do you even know what a concern troll is?

Quote:

Your constant refusal to read posts as written proves me right many times over.

Patent nonsense.  Never happened, not even once.  Point to a single instance where I have refused to read a post. You're a liar.

• Reply 93 of 100

But making an assumption/claim doesn't equate to being a concern troll.

Of course not, nor did I say so. The concern is expressed in his ‘excitement’ at the fabricated desire. Had you read the post, you would have seen this. Excitement implies expectation, specifically raised. When the nonexistent is not released, said artificially raised expectation will be removed, reflecting poorly on Apple vis a vis its “users’” desires.

Never happened, not even once.  Point to a single instance where I have refused to read a post. 

Almost every time you reply to me, it seems. Your posts in response thereto could not have been written in the way they were had you read the post in question. Your desire to and interest in responding, coupled with said lack of comprehension, implies that you simply refused to read the contents.

• Reply 94 of 100

Oh I see, so you've imagined some extrapolations and future concern, and then blamed the person that you imagined saying something.  And it's ok to call them a concern troll because everyone else here is completely cognisant and in tune with your imagination.  I was at fault for not synchronising myself with your flights of fancy, which stems from me not being able to read the hidden depths and insight of your sixth sense posting.  It all becomes clear.  Gotcha.

• Reply 95 of 100

so youve imagined

Nope, just read the post.

…which stems from me not being able to read

Right! And yes, this was taken out of context on purpose.

• Reply 96 of 100

Your little hidden messages are cute, but I think we're done here.  You've clearly done some special course in reading that enables you to see things that I just can't see.  I bow to your specialness publicly.  Privately...  I think you probably know, you're special that way.

• Reply 97 of 100

Your little hidden messages are cute, but I think we're done here.  You've clearly done some special course in reading that enables you to see things that I just can't see.

No, there’s no hidden message in this post.

The black words, I guess. Glad you can see the white ones.

• Reply 98 of 100

i can read in many colours, I'm progressive that way.

• Reply 99 of 100
    mpantone wrote: »

iTime Is Running Out (of battery life), by Muse

;)

iTime by Pink Floyd!

“TeaTime!” by everyone‘s mother.
  • Reply 100 of 100
    gtatimgtatim Posts: 1member

This was my thought after reading this patent as well. With Ipod sales stagnating and Apple not announcing a discontinuation of the product why not just create a new product, "iwatch" or whatever you want to call it, but also be able to incorporate the ipod nano, an old product, into it by way of this strap so it would boost sales of both the old and the new. The ipod nano is already primarily used by people who exercise so now you have a dock essentially that your ipod can rest in while you exercise but it can track health metrics know while you exercise by way of the strap or you could get the "watch" module which gives you access to your phone, macbook or ipad in addition to everything else. On top of everything, you would now be able to listen to your music, be alerted of an incoming call,txt msg, fb update, etc. through your wirelessly connected 'Beats by Apple' headphones and decide how you want to respond to that notification by shaking your wrist so you don't need to interrupt your current activity when you receive the notification. I think this device is going to be far more advanced and essential than people realize and I'm sure it will be fashionable as well. I also wouldn't be surprised if Apple has talked to insurers to help promote the device by offering insurance premium discounts to people who purchase one due to it's health monitoring and tracking capabilities, much like phone carriers subsidized the cost of the iphone.