Apple's alliance with IBM counters BYOD 'nightmare' for companies adopting iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    cc879cc879 Posts: 2member
    IBM's MaaS360 can separate business from personal with a secure container today (iOS, Android and Windows Phone 8.x). Plus it's UI doesn't suck like a lot of container solutions. It will be great to see what other new capabilities they will provide working closely with Apple.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cashxx View Post

I'd never move back to Blackberry! The phone itself is un-usable!

Apple has made me dumb as a consumer.

Last week, I left my iPhone at home and wanted to make a quick call, so I borrowed my neighbour's phone, which was a BlackBerry, with about a 100 keys.

I just stared at the phone for about 30 seconds until the neighbour understood my plight and offered to dial the number for me.

I never felt that stupid in a long, long time.

Come to think of it, the last time it happened was when I was trying to navigate my cousin's Galaxy S3.

• Reply 23 of 25
    cc879cc879 Posts: 2member

Sure IBM will want to focus on the supply and management of iOS devices.  

However IBM's MaaS360 already provides a solution for BYOD, with a container (email, docs etc) which doesn't suck like many do - Not Good :-).  Their container is for a number of mobile platforms like iOS, Android and Windows Phone, but it will be interesting to see what additional features they might develop in closer partnership with Apple.

• Reply 24 of 25
    Have you ever tried the new blackberry 10 device?
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:

Originally Posted by roadtripper View Post

Have you ever tried the new blackberry 10 device?

No, I wasn't trying out phones. I just needed to make an urgent call and the closest phone was a BlackBerry with the QWERTY keyboard.