Apple order fulfillment ranks first among online retailers with average delivery time of 2.3 days in

Posted:
in General Discussion edited August 2014
According to fresh data from customer service analytics company StellaService, Apple ranked No. 1 on the firm's charts for the first time ever in June, averaging 2.3 days to process and deliver online orders.

In a study published on Wednesday, StellaService found the Online Apple Store to have highest performing shipping metrics of top online retailers in June, including Amazon, Zappos and Nike.com, among others. This was the first time Apple took the top spot in the firm's shipping category.

Alongside Apple in the top five were four clothing outlets, American Eagle Outfitters, Gap, UnderArmour and H&M. Overall, the average ship time of all top 25 retailers was 3.1 days, though other metrics are rolled in to the final assessment, like delivery date estimate, package fit, package quality and more. In addition, Apple was the only tech company to make it into the list's top 25 for the shipping category.

In terms of phone and Apple's customer service, measured by email, phone and chat, fell during the past three months. In May, for example, the company's phone-based service was ranked at No. 6, but fell below the top 25 in June. Chat response was previously second place on StellaService's list in March, but dipped to 24th place in April and below 25th place last month.

Despite its relative shortcomings, the Online Apple Store scored high marks in overall performance, taking third in June place behind J. Crew and Mr Porter. Ralph Lauren and L.L. Bean, which was ranked No. 1 in May, rounded out the top 5. Apple's online storefront previously reached a high of 7th place in April after coming in at No. 15 in March.

To generate its metrics, StellaService deploys e-commerce analysts to engage with and quantify the speed and quality of online retailers in terms of order fulfillment, customer service and returns and refunds.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    How do they measure customer service? I've always had good customer service with Apple. Both online and over the phone.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    seankillseankill Posts: 566member

Pretty easy to get old stuff out the door. 

That said, looking forward to september.

• Reply 3 of 6
    Meanwhile, over at Amazon, if you're not willing to empty your pockets and pay the Prime premium you can now expect your orders to take 10-12 days. Good luck with that strategy. Oh, and they are losing money too. Sell your stock while you can.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    This is BS because it still takes 12 days to get a mac from my local Apple Reseller. Most of the smaller resellers with a wealth of knowledge in using Mac for business are gone while Apple provides genius help (Grade 3 level under the age of 10) and makes $100,000 us a minute. This is why once Samsung and Google (Android) get reasonable computer selections the older markets that supported Apple through the lean times will switch to send them a message.
    Those included will be photographers, designers, doctors and professionals wanting a matte screen and a 17" laptop.
  • Reply 5 of 6
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by MacGenie View Post

This is BS because it still takes 12 days to get a mac from my local Apple Reseller. 

Yes, and that isn’t Apple. So it’s not BS.

This is why once Samsung and Google (Android) get reasonable computer selections the older markets that supported Apple through the lean times will switch to send them a message.

Yeah, no, we won’t be doing that.

• Reply 6 of 6
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member

Took me 5 days to get my BTO Macbook Air a couple weeks ago, but I was pretty happy with that anyway.  What's a couple of extra days when the damn thing is coming from China via 3 or 4 European countries and ending up in the middle of the English countryside.  I think 5 days is pretty amazing.