Anyone have the new January/February issue of MacDesign?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
If so, take a peek at the Adobe Illustrator 10 tutorial. Take special note of the writer of said tutorial.

Ahem...

My first national publication. AND, I just completed a second one for the March/April issue.

I'm kinda happy and excited...never done anything like this before!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 10
    logan calelogan cale Posts: 1,281member
    Wow, very cool, congratulations!

[EDIT: I haven't seen it yet and don't get the magazine (though I've gotten several issues before and liked it a lot), but I'm going to go pick one up soon and subscribe to it now. ]

[ 01-09-2002: Message edited by: MacAgent ]</p>
  • Reply 2 of 10
    Congrats, hombre. I haven't seen this yet but I will take a browse the next time I'm at B&N.
  • Reply 3 of 10
    I love your work and I am on my way to subscribe. I have seen this magazine before and I love the content. Congrats!
  • Reply 4 of 10
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,423member
    Congrats Pscates! I'm still waiting for my little bit of fame LOL I'll have to check it out. Great Mag too.
  • Reply 5 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Apple was giving them away at the satelite downlink I went to. I read that article but didn't notice the author. I'll go check it out.

congrats
  • Reply 6 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Well, another guy wrote the actual review/article. But I wrote and created the accompanying tutorial (with the screen shots and all).

I didn't do the whole thing. Want to make that really clear. I was just the tutorial guy.

To be honest, I haven't seen it! Didn't come in the mail today and I couldn't find it at Barnes & Noble tonight. Although my buddy from work, who's up in Frisco at the Expo, said they're up there and that he snagged a ton of them to bring back to me.

So I'm curious to see how it came out. I wrote it back in November, did the screen shots, compiled/tagged it all, rewrote the steps over, tweaked the steps, etc. (I tend to get a bit anal and picky over stuff like this and have to make myself quit trying to "dial it in").

By the way, SnapzPro is the shit. If you're doing this type of thing where you need good screenshots and total control over them, I HIGHLY recommend it! OS X version and everything!

Another co-worker DID get hers in the mail tonight and she said she'd bring it in tomorrow, so I'll see it in the morning.
  • Reply 7 of 10
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    Just read it. conratulations. very good job. can't believe I missed the name.

I think Jonathon needs to change your status to vector junky now to fit your description in the mag
  • Reply 8 of 10
    moogsmoogs Posts: 4,296member
    Good work! How did you get the assignment? Are you going to be working with that publication on a regular basis now?
  • Reply 9 of 10
    pscatespscates Posts: 5,847member
    Thanks, applenut. Appreciate it. I actually just saw a real copy of the magazine a while ago and am VERY pleased at how it turned out. They didn't change my text and it looks like my screenshots were left as is too.

That's really cool! Being my first time doing this (and not being a trained, "real" writer), I half-expected them to really go to town and edit the text.

Moogs, I'm not really sure. I'd love to because it's fun and the exosure and opportunity to evangelize Illustrator is always cool.

We'll see what happens. They know I'm interested and available.
  • Reply 10 of 10
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Wow pscates, that sounds great! I'll have to grab a copy and check it out.

Why do I get the feeling that someday we'll all be saying "Hey, I knew him back when he posted at AI about fish tacos, Dr. Pepper, and shopping at Target."

Congrats.