Apple officially closes on $3B purchase of Beats headphones & streaming service

Comments

• Reply 61 of 111
    darkvaderdarkvader Posts: 1,146member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

is used as sarcasim.

Same as people saying only Black gangsters like Beats.

Except NOBODY SAID THAT. 

Nor would we.  I didn't have any idea what Beats headphones were when I heard of this deal with Apple.  So I did some research and discovered that they're an overpriced crap product.  And yes, I even tried listening for myself - nope, crap.  I don't care who likes the products I use, I'm not going to stop using Macs because Rush F*ing Limbaugh uses them.  But Beats does not have a good product. 

So no, your racism is not appreciated.

• Reply 62 of 111
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    Quote:

is used as sarcasim.

Same as people saying only Black gangsters like Beats.

I haven't been able to find this in any thread.  Can you post a link? 

• Reply 63 of 111
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    Apple please fix the sound quality and hardware build.
    I will then be happy with this acquisition.
  • Reply 64 of 111
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

there are dozens more littered on this website

None of those in any way prove what we have asked of you. Don’t try again. I already used the search and found absolutely nothing.

• Reply 65 of 111
    andysolandysol Posts: 2,506member
    Sog- you are delusional- and you don't add to this community. Welcome to my ignore-list.
  • Reply 66 of 111
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    You sound like the 13 year-old whelp who has no idea why you would need a belt.

I know you didn’t intend both meanings, but it’s pretty funny to consider both the punishment and the “pants around the ankles” angle. 

:rolleyes: No matter how old a joke is, there is always someone who thinks they are the first person to figure it out.
  • Reply 67 of 111

stay in denial

Either shut up or back your claims.

• Reply 68 of 111
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,382member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

But Apple's not really known for great headphones. I think Apple could improve the quality of the design. But that's a tricky situation as Beats stuff has been designed by Robert Brunner's design firm and he's the guy who hired Jony Ive at Apple and was his boss there for 4 years until he left and a Ive replaced him. It will be interesting to see what Apple does. Do they use the Beats brand to expand further into the accessories market? Or are they hands off and just milk the current stuff?

I'm pretty sure Apple has a plan, and a strategy. They've asked the questions you just asked, and answered them for themselves months and years ago. It's not like they decided to buy Beats yesterday, and are now thinking "now what?". 

Beats are insanely popular, they look stylish (except that one product you keep spamming, that I've never seen in stores, and probably will be discontinued), they have an extremely powerful brand name, and the mainstream are willing to pay a big premium for them. All that combined is pretty valuable. Yes, Apple could have invested millions and billions, as well as valuable time, energy and focus to create their own headphone line-without a guarantee of success- but this move makes more sense on many levels. 

• Reply 69 of 111
    Hey Sog35 a.k.a Kanye West, there are no references to "black gangsters". You seem oblivious to the real world, as there are lots of white thugs who like gangsta rap.

As usual, every time you open your mouth, fiction comes out of it.

Anyone can create a fake narrative but doesn't mean the rest of us are dumb enough to believe it.

Two reasons Hip Hop is not as popular as other genres in the USA. The black population is roughly 14% only. Eminem, and now Iggy Azalea, have made it more popular among Caucasians/whites but nowhere as successful as Elvis Presley in achieving that goal. The second reason and the reason Presley was a huge hit versus Eminem let's say is that Hip Hop culture is not as appealing as Rock culture. This may hurt your feelings and ego but it is the truth.

Love to hear you once again talking out of your a$$... It's always bullshit, unfortunately.
  • Reply 70 of 111
    pazuzupazuzu Posts: 1,728member

• Reply 71 of 111

I'd never wear that outside.

Why are these being worn outside anyway? Get a quality headphone and have it never leave the house.

• Reply 72 of 111
    Dear Sog35 a.k.a Kanye West. So why do people buy Dyson over better quality vacuums at same price, assuming your anecdote is true since you did not mention any other vacuum makes by name (you have a strong tendency of relaying fiction)? Hype and consumer ignorance! It's the only explanation. I'm not buying a vacuum cleaner because my visiting relatives will think it has a beautiful appearance.

Fabric and purpose are more important than style. If your fabric and purpose are not correct, style could never make it appealing to the masses.

I would never wear leather jogging pants to do a run on the treadmill or in the streets. This product would never reach the masses because the fabric is not correct for the intended purpose. It takes a person with a warped personality or with warped ideals to wear something like that for jogging. 95%-99% of the public are happy that these types of people are mostly rare.

Truth is, headphones are popular with the bigger music fans. Not everyone is passionate over music and the testament can be found in the number of EarPods users vs pricier headphone users.

By the way, it seems you got help from your buddies Iovine and Young to write your post.
  • Reply 73 of 111
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Are you living under a rock?

You dont see people wearing headphones on their way to work on the subway, bus, ect?

I mean really.

You've never seen [@]Tallest Skil[/@] in his lovely abode? :lol:

• Reply 74 of 111
    sog35 wrote: »
    Proteam backback vacs are easier to use and blow away the Dyson and cost the same.  They will last 5x longer than the Dyson.

So why do people buy Dyson instead of a pro vac like the Proteam?  Because the Dyson looks great.  Dyson markets heavily.  And the Dyson seems easier to use (which is actually not true.  A backpack vacum is much easier)

Now we are talking about Headphones which are even more about style.  Its something people wear EVERYDAY in PUBLIC.  My example about Dyson is to show that even for things that have very little to do with style, looks still matter.  And they definitely matter when it comes to something you wear everyday in public.
    So your basically saying consumers are ignorant(dumb) for buying a hyped up product based on appearance. You don't seem prepared to explicitly admit that customers are dumb for choosing a vacuum cleaner based on appearance and lies. Look yourself in the mirror and then come back and tell us that a Dyson vacuum cleaner is a better product because of better appearance (a facade) and more believable lies to generate more illegitimate sales. Truly, the Dyson sold more because of lies than appearance... You are delusional if you think the Dyson was mainly bought on appearance versus the lies... If the lies did not exist no one would buy the Dyson and that's a fact... This is why substance (fabric and purpose) is more important than style. Appearance is more important when trying to sell a lie. You need an education in Marketing before attempting to teach unsuspecting students and unqualified teachers.

By the way, the other headphone in your picture is likely manufactured for indoor use so the comparison is not fair. To clarify, would you wear studio grade headphones outside and wear Beats in the studio?

People always focused on appearances and gaining through lies have either warped values or low self-esteem.

I can never say this enough: Every time you open your mouth fiction comes out of it.
  • Reply 75 of 111
    Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, at least you recognize that very few people buy based on style only but many do buy based on performance only which strengthens the view that substance is more important than style for every rational consumer.

You're not a so-called bean counter. Can anyone say "fiction"? Even they know that Apple makes sure that the substance is completely correct because a pretty appearance with incorrect substance does not sell as well as a pretty appearance with correct substance. A pretty appearance with zero substance does not sell.

Beats Solo2 headphones are basically designed for outside wear because they are forced to sacrifice audio quality to get a smaller sized headphone for style purposes. Indoor headphones will be higher audio quality because they don't sacrifice size as style is not important indoors. I am not a headphone enthusiast so if you know a company that specifically manufactures a headphone for outside wear let us know and compare it to Beats Solo2.

According to you, Dyson is a crappy vacuum. According to you, people primarily buy Dyson because they are a pretty product. Wrong. They buy because they believe it is a good product (their opinions are formed from lies and misperceptions), the beautiful style is an added bonus... Consumers are ignorant if they believe lies being told by marketers or anyone not proven to be trusted. Is Samsung copying Dyson strategy or do they really have a good product and copying Dyson style? Doesn't matter because your point is moot.

Yes there will always be irrational consumers who put style ahead of substance when buying a vacuum or automobile, but rational consumers style is not the main deciding factor in a vacuum or auto purchase... It's an added bonus.

Your opinion is fiction when your opinion is blatantly false. I suspect you have an album coming out soon following last year's flop. Hopefully you've learned from your mistakes. By the way, your diss of Justin Timberlake and Jay Z's perfectly performed and appealing collaboration was uncalled for.
  • Reply 76 of 111
    Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, an opinion can be true. An opinion can also be false if the one expressing it has absolutely no clue what he is talking about. Love and hate are words to describe one's personal tastes. Personal tastes are objective attachments of how one feels and are not opinions. However a person can be temporarily confused about his innate tastes while other persons can lie about their tastes for nefarious reasons.

A rational person does not use style in making a final purchasing decision. It's an added bonus. They buy what they need in a price range they budgeted for. Not too many cars and houses are ugly therefore they are usually lucky to get a decent looking car or house that meets their needs within their budget. A house can be renovated to increase market value for personal gain. Buying an ugly house is not a big deal if the price is right and meets the new owner's needs while the appearance can be remodelled at low cost to increase its market value. What you wear on your body is geared to making you look good or at least presentable. There are lots to choose from in jewellery, watches, designer bags, shoes and clothes in every price range so it is not too difficult to find a decent looking item that meets one's needs. A rational person will buy a Beats Solo2 headphone if it meets his audio needs... style and resale value are added bonuses.

It doesn't surprise me that you believe everyone is a blind follower. It's an inherent part of the Kanye West personal belief system. Not many buy into your fiction. Kanye West is not what I call a rational person in the majority of situations.
  • Reply 77 of 111
    zoetmbzoetmb Posts: 2,654member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by YvesVilleneuve View Post

A rational person does not use style in making a final purchasing decision. It's an added bonus. They buy what they need in a price range they budgeted for. 

If that were true, then just about everything Ive has ever done is wrong.  You don't think Apple consistently applies form over function?

You may think that it's not rational to use style when making a purchasing decision, but billions of people see value in style and if they perceive such value then I think it's unfair to claim that they're not rational as you would have to claim that most people in the western world (at least) are not rational in their purchasing decisions.  In fact, I would say that style, defined as the look of the product, is the primary factor most people use in choosing a product within the price range they're willing to pay.  How many people really analyze all the specifications to make a purchasing decision?

If you're correct, then we should all be wearing plastic bags instead of fashionable clothes or at the very least, we should be wearing the same clothes we wore 20, 30 years ago as long as they still fit and haven't worn out.   And Henry Ford was also right - the car manufacturers should only produce cars painted in black.  

• Reply 78 of 111
    Dear Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, A person who pays $1000 instead of $200 for a similar quality product is primarily buying a "price tag", "style" or its "resale value", which is irrational unless the product is better at meeting his practical needs within his budgeted purchase range of $200 to $1000.

The list is long but will only mention the main one related to our conversation thread: it is blatantly false/wrong to say or imply that a purchase is rational if primarily based on other than the intended purpose and quality of the product to meet the practical needs of the customer within his/her budgeted range.
  • Reply 79 of 111
    zoetmb wrote: »
    If that were true, then just about everything Ive has ever done is wrong.  You don't think Apple consistently applies form over function?

You may think that it's not rational to use style when making a purchasing decision, but billions of people see value in style and if they perceive such value then I think it's unfair to claim that they're not rational as you would have to claim that most people in the western world (at least) are not rational in their purchasing decisions.  In fact, I would say that style, defined as the look of the product, is the primary factor most people use in choosing a product within the price range they're willing to pay.  How many people really analyze all the specifications to make a purchasing decision?

If you're correct, then we should all be wearing plastic bags instead of fashionable clothes or at the very least, we should be wearing the same clothes we wore 20, 30 years ago as long as they still fit and haven't worn out.   And Henry Ford was also right - the car manufacturers should only produce cars painted in black.  
    To keep your irrational argument short I have bolded the basis of it and will respond. There are good shoppers and bad shoppers. Essentially, anyone making a decision that disregards the practical needs of the customer as the primary factor in selecting a product is irrational.

If someone correctly ascertains that wearing plastic bags or wearing outdated clothing will meet their practical needs for specific situations, which may have demands of their own, then they have made a rational choice.

Nothing wrong with customer options, but if the product I desperately required to meet my practical needs comes only in one color, and color is not a factor in meeting my practical needs, I am not going to let it reverse my purchase decision. It would be irrational to use color as the determining factor in this situation.
  • Reply 80 of 111
    Sog35 a.k.a. Kanye West, Being a collector of fine things and bragging about it will bring joy to some people while making their audience drool over their wealth and possessions. It may be practical to televise those expensive shopping sprees to increase or maintain ratings. But in the end, these purchases will have little personal use as they are mostly intended to generate business revenues for people out of touch with common families under restricted budgets. A sizeable portion of the population like to watch a clueless rich person blow their money wad on mostly unnecessary products just for the sake of spending money for show. Yet most of the population believe they are out of touch with reality.

There are probably cheaper ways to receive joy like saving money on a purchase that brings equal benefits than an overpriced brand name product.

Materially-obsessed or any obsessed person are not usually rational people as it pertains to the obsession.