"My Dad..."

jrcjrc
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
am I the only one that snickers when that phrase is read on these boards?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    xypexype Posts: 672member
    [quote]Originally posted by JRC:

<strong>am I the only one that snickers when that phrase is read on these boards?</strong><hr></blockquote>

hehe. "my dad.." too. i hope i can earn enough cash soon to get him an imac..
  • Reply 2 of 9
    cosmonutcosmonut Posts: 4,872member
    Are you referring to the somewhat young age of many of our fellow posters?

Or the fact that you're a dad?

Or both?
  • Reply 3 of 9
    Yea I don't get this thread. If I were to say, "my dad bought a Mac clone cheap when Apple killed them off" would that be funny?
  • Reply 4 of 9
    are most of the ppl on this board young? u lot seem quite old to me (old as in u hold down jobs and aren't in education... no offense!).
  • Reply 5 of 9
    I'm not young, but I still have a dad. I guess I don't really think it's embarrassing for young people to live with their parents.

I doubt my dad would ever buy a Mac, though.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    I'm "old". I'm still in education but don't get any money from the 'rents and don't live with them (thank ****ing god for that). I still have a dad, he's just not living anymore
  • Reply 7 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hmm, maybe he means when you see "I'm trying to get my Dad to buy me a ..."

Lots a yungins 'round these parts. That it?

I'll add a My Dad bit here...

My Dad shit his pants when he saw my combo drive iBook over the Christmas holidays. I burned him a few CDs for his trip home, and he couldn't believe it. He asked me about his PC doing that kind of stuff (PII 266, 32 MB RAM, 4 GB HD). In as nice a way as I could, I told he was dreaming.

"Jesus, you helped us find that computer, why didn't you get us one of these?"

Like they existed 3.5 years ago...

I'm sure he'll be getting a new iMac this year.

(BTW, I had no clue about Macs really 3.5 years ago - I actually bought one for my office too.... what a mistake that was)
  • Reply 8 of 9
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    The reason why i say "my dad" a lot is because if he didn't stop me from selling my iBook or getting new Macs I'd probably be selling my current machine to get a new one all the time like murbot.
  • Reply 9 of 9
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Hey, if you did that, you'd be sitting in front of a new 600 MHz version, and have a few dollars in your pocket.

Cheeky bastard....