Apple continues 'Powerful' campaign for the iPhone 5s with new 'Dreams' spot

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 60
    Missing a weekend DED missive. Perhaps he has had the temerity to go on a well-deserved holiday.
  • Reply 42 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by d2kg View Post

man all of those people using their iPhones with no cases near water freaks me out!

LOL they're not clumsy.

• Reply 43 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Missing a weekend DED missive. Perhaps he has had the temerity to go on a well-deserved holiday.

Weekend's not over yet in this time zone.

• Reply 44 of 60

Look at all the wonderful things you can do with a pocket-sized phone!

These actors depict ordinary people, not the kind who need a larger screen and lots of specs to feel good about their elite tech purchases.

I'm going to miss pocketable iPhones when they're gone…

OTOH, they can bring back that Pixies song, "Gigantic" for the next iPhone. Should mean something different. ;) 

• Reply 45 of 60
    georgeip5georgeip5 Posts: 225member
    Very nice.
  • Reply 46 of 60
    sacto joesacto joe Posts: 895member
    Here's the url for the "Dreams" ad on Apple's website:
    http://www.apple.com/iphone-5s/powerful/
  • Reply 47 of 60
    sacto joesacto joe Posts: 895member
    mj web wrote: »
    Contrived saccharine puss.
    You probably meant to type "pus", which pretty much sums up the content of your comment.....
  • Reply 48 of 60
    calicali Posts: 3,494member
    The music was awesome and these ads always make me feel good.

I like how Apple shows off stock apps in these ads as well.
  • Reply 49 of 60
    cali wrote: »
    The music was awesome and these ads always make me feel good.

I like how Apple shows off stock apps in these ads as well.

I would have thought that stocks and shares apps were pretty niche and boring, but fair enough.
  • Reply 50 of 60
    loumazzloumazz Posts: 16member

My dream is being able to afford the carrier rates for one of these devices.

• Reply 51 of 60
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,007member

Great ad, and the music fits extremely well.

You're missing the point if you don't personally like the music. There are a lot of choices in many ads that work extremely well as a holistic entity - I'm not not looking to buy an Andrew Dice Clay comedy album, but he works extremely well as the talking hamster in the Sprint ads. I wouldn't buy the song in this ad, but it works well in context.

Apple is taking a very different road with their ads, again distinguishing themselves from the competition. It's a clever way of giving glimpses of the wide variety and functionality of third party apps in very real-feeling work or social settings, using iOS.

This is some smart work

• Reply 52 of 60
    thrangthrang Posts: 1,007member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Youngluck View Post

The problem with these ads is they only show the iPhone doing things that EVERY other smartphone on the market does. And what firestation uses an iPhone to manage emergency calls? Cmon Apple. This is garbage.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/response-deck-sbc/id604761212?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

• Reply 53 of 60
    maccherrymaccherry Posts: 924member
    They should have had children using the damn thing doing what children do. Exploring!
    And I have to agree, that effing music sucked balls all day. Who approved that fu***** thing!
  • Reply 54 of 60
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Great ad.

I didn't read the thread as I don't have to ... it will no doubt be full of those hating the music! Me, I liked it. To them I'd suggest they try watching other ads as intently and out of context. You notice and pick up on things very differently under different circumstances, perceptual psychology is a fascinating subject.

Good job Apple, very positive, uplifting and way to tell a hell of a good story in such a short time. I have made countless TV ads in my time, in many even writing, producing, and / or editing, so I really appreciate the actual work involved, fabulous editing whoever did it! The ad beats the hell out of that incredibly annoying and stupid Surface ad, that is almost as mind numbing as rap music to me, I have to switch channels as soon as it comes on or leave the room.

I love to know all the behind the scenes information such as cameras, format (4k original?), audio, lighting ... all the tech stuff used, and of course editing systems and so on ... I hope and trust it is all Final Cut Pro X on a Mac Pro!
  • Reply 55 of 60
    palegolaspalegolas Posts: 1,361member
    I like the new commercials a lot. But this one I don't care about at all. I think they missed the beat with this one.
  • Reply 56 of 60
    Quote:

Originally Posted by palegolas View Post

I like the new commercials a lot. But this one I don't care about at all. I think they missed the beat with this one.

Please try and restrict your Beats jokes to Beats articles; thank you.

• Reply 57 of 60
    hentaiboyhentaiboy Posts: 1,252member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by boredumb View Post

it grew on me, in a sort of hypnotic, comforting way. 

Order Skeptic magazine issue 17.4 in print or digital. This illustration, by Pat Linse, is on the cover of that issue.

• Reply 58 of 60
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,718member
    Please try and restrict your Beats jokes to Beats articles; thank you.

lmao
  • Reply 59 of 60
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

Every scene with the exception of the first has a woman doing something rewarding and challenging. I think it is an ad targeted at women so the music fits with that theme.

• Reply 60 of 60
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    mstone wrote: »
    Every scene with the exception of the first has a woman doing something rewarding and challenging. I think it is an ad targeted at women so the music fits with that theme.

There were 5 females in the main roles and 4 males. The wall painter with the long hair just looks like a woman. Also there's nothing effeminate about acoustic music.