What Apple is up against

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
This from the WSJ:

"I would chose a Dell over a Gateway because Steven is cuter than Gateway's cow," says Libby Marie LeForce, a 17-year-old student from Chandler, Ariz.

I fear for this country.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 16
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    [quote]Originally posted by briareos:

<strong>This from the WSJ:

"I would chose a Dell over a Gateway because Steven is cuter than Gateway's cow," says Libby Marie LeForce, a 17-year-old student from Chandler, Ariz.

I fear for this country.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Arizona is HOT man! That can do severe damage to some peoples brain.
  • Reply 2 of 16
    katekate Posts: 172member
    :eek:

......Steven...OMG!
  • Reply 3 of 16
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    Do we really want to associate these people with our platform?
  • Reply 4 of 16
    jimmacjimmac Posts: 11,898member
    Sad but true. Most people still haven't figured out how to program their VCRs. The really scary thing about this is these kinds of people ( who supposedly have good understanding of the world ) are considered the vast majority, middle of the road, straight and narrow ( well the narrow probably fits ). The other scary thing is they drive cars.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: jimmac ]</p>
  • Reply 5 of 16
    Dude.... yer gettin' a Dell!
  • Reply 6 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    That's really sad.
  • Reply 7 of 16

If by this you mean that Apple should have a spokesmodel, might I reccomend...

Derek Zoolander!
  • Reply 8 of 16
    But the truth is that Apple does have what idiots want. AOL is successful because you can use it without thinking even though its not that extensive in features. Apple offers the same thing with iPod, iTunes, and iMovie. But I don't think that will move people over until they can run both Windows and Mac applications natively on the same machines.

I saw a couple of cute teenage girls with odd colored hair playing with a G4 with a 17 inch ASD at CompUSA. It seemed like they knew the Mac and it was cool and fun. They didn't seem like the average person just looking for a computer to buy. It was encouraging.
  • Reply 9 of 16
    Note to self: spend more time at CompUSA.
  • Reply 10 of 16
    [quote]Originally posted by jimmac:

<strong>Sad but true. Most people still haven't figured out how to program their VCRs. The really scary thing about this is these kinds of people ( who supposedly have good understanding of the world ) are considered the vast majority, middle of the road, straight and narrow ( well the narrow probably fits ). The other scary thing is they drive cars.

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: jimmac ]</strong><hr></blockquote>

And what is scarier than the fact that they can drive cars is that they can VOTE!
  • Reply 11 of 16
    kestralkestral Posts: 308member

That's no different from my mom - she bought a ton of DELL stock many years ago because she thought Michael Dell was "handsome". Well, Mr. Handsome made her quite a bit of money so I guess in a sick sort of way, it works.
  • Reply 12 of 16
    katekate Posts: 172member
    [quote]Originally posted by Stroszek:

<strong>

And what is scarier than the fact that they can drive cars is that they can VOTE!</strong><hr></blockquote>

yes, they did already. Isn't he cute with his red tie?
  • Reply 13 of 16
    sebseb Posts: 676member
    [quote]Originally posted by Kestral:

<strong>

That's no different from my mom - she bought a ton of DELL stock many years ago because she thought Michael Dell was "handsome". Well, Mr. Handsome made her quite a bit of money so I guess in a sick sort of way, it works.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Is it just me or doesn't Michaeld Dell look like that doofy Paul guy from Spin City?

[ 01-11-2002: Message edited by: seb ]</p>
  • Reply 14 of 16
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
  • Reply 15 of 16
    daverdaver Posts: 496member
    Damn you seb, I just spit my lunch all over my desk.
  • Reply 16 of 16
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    LOL, yeah seb.