Apple to hold 'iPhone 6' media event on Sept. 9 - report

Comments

• Reply 21 of 157
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wood1208 View Post

Let's understand clearly. If Apple make available 5.5" inch iphone later in October is not becaue of production or any such logistics issues. It is by design because of marketing strategy. So, all morons coming out with production issues is baseless because when apple release final design for the production than it is well done for the final production without hitch. So, if any media tells you other-way, it all BS. Smart people knows.

Smart man - all these BS of delays from ANALyst is to pump up/short the stock and nothing else.

My wallet is f'ing ready....

• Reply 22 of 157
    Will they come out with a ipod 4.7" as well or will this just be for the Iphone.?
  • Reply 23 of 157
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

50,000,000 Samdung Note Phones were sold in the past 2 years.

The market for phablets is way too big to ignore.

That is my proof. 

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

• Reply 24 of 157
    fallenjtfallenjt Posts: 4,054member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Fixed. I’m totally in favor of a 5.5” iPod touch.

So that Apple won't be able to sell any...or any iPad mini? Whoever comes up with 5.5" iPod at Apple should be fired...lol

• Reply 25 of 157
    neilmneilm Posts: 987member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

4.7" this 5.5" that....where's my 4" iPhone?

I don't think we should assume that the current form factor will be discontinued, at least not in the near future. If demand for it peters away in favor of a larger iPhone, then that's a decision that can be taken at the time.

• Reply 26 of 157
    oberpongooberpongo Posts: 182member

And come September 12th your 4inch iPhone will be $100 cheaper;-)

• Reply 27 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by .TWITCH. View Post

Will they come out with a ipod 4.7" as well or will this just be for the Iphone.?

I would say yes..eventually...when they want to get rid of apps for 4" harmonization.

• Reply 28 of 157
    xgmanxgman Posts: 159member
    Yes, the rest of the industry seems to have no problems to produce their 5.5" products, so I think it is safe to say that Apple can and will pull it off just fine.
  • Reply 29 of 157
    Quote:

So that's our newly re-designed iPhone with a sapphire screen, available tomorrow....

And thanks for coming.

Wait... don't leave yet.  

There's. One. More. Thing.

And Apple goes on to introduce not one, but two completely revolutionary devices..... (and no iWatch).

------------------

and then I woke up, so I can't say what happens next.

• Reply 30 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilM View Post

I don't think we should assume that the current form factor will be discontinued, at least not in the near future. If demand for it peters away in favor of a larger iPhone, then that's a decision that can be taken at the time.

I'm thinking the same. I won't see 4" screen going away for at least 2-3 more years. They may just make 5S with color chassis to replace 5C next year.

• Reply 31 of 157
    vaporlandvaporland Posts: 358member
    What about iPhone 7?

:-p
  • Reply 32 of 157
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by fallenjt View Post

So that Apple won't be able to sell any...or any iPad mini?

Interesting take on the uselessness of small tablets. I approve.

• Reply 33 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by TeaEarleGreyHot View Post

And Apple goes on to introduce not one, but two completely revolutionary devices..... (and no iWatch).

------------------

and then I woke up, so I can't say what happens next.

You're dreaming of Steve Jobs's style too much. It's his signature keynote presentation and no one else at Apple would want to do that to make the fool of himself. Tim Cook has his own way of presenting keynote by delegating others SVP to present their parts. What you have seen so far under Tim Cooks is the format now, no surprise, no "One More Thing" whatsoever.

• Reply 34 of 157
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    sog35 wrote: »

That is my proof. 
    Ah, so now we're supposed to believe Samsung sales figures. :lol:
  • Reply 35 of 157
    crossladcrosslad Posts: 527member
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">Interesting take on the uselessness of small tablets. I approve.</span>

I have iPad 2 and retina mini and love them both. The mini is perfectly sized for most of my needs.
  • Reply 36 of 157
    kotmarkotmar Posts: 17member

if 5.5 is released I might just get that, and sell the iPad

• Reply 37 of 157
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Please do and leave this forum. As one with developer access to the operating system and having tracked it development since day one I can honestly say you are full of crap! IOS has been expanding at a considerable rate challenging developers to keep up.

snax007 wrote: »
    I love Apple's hardware (current iPhone and iPad owner) but iOS is seriously lacking behind and the company seems unable to fix age old issues, add much requested features and innovate like they used to do. iOS7 was a gimicky step back, unstable and several system apps were gimped by crappy design decisions. Keeping my iPad Air but seriously considering switching to a Android phone like Xperia Z2.
  • Reply 38 of 157
    sog35 wrote: »

That is my proof. 

In case you're out of touch Samsung is on the ropes their large phones have not been well received at all. The reason is simple they are simply too big to carry around for most people. phablets are a phab ;) Ask around and see how many of those Notes actually left the stores.
  • Reply 39 of 157
    gatorguygatorguy Posts: 24,213member
    There's a breaking news report from about 6 hours ago of another aluminum dust explosion at a Chinese metal finishing plant killing 75 people. That factory is producing parts for GM but because the Chinese government is said to have put an emergency halt to all similar aluminum production including those at Foxconn facilities the iPhone 6 may see delays now due to the accident. It's still early tho so the impact on Apple's next smartphone isn't entirely clear.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/iphone-6-release-expected-be-delayed-following-chinese-factory-explosion-1459840

Edit: for clarity
  • Reply 40 of 157
    I think people missed a bit in the parsing of this article. It referenced the two iPhone sizes [COLOR=blue][SIZE=4][U]AND[/U][/SIZE][/COLOR] a new form factor. Could this mean that iWatch is a new cell phone, or does Apple have something else up its sleeves? Maybe a folder?