Apple to hold 'iPhone 6' media event on Sept. 9 - report

Comments

• Reply 61 of 157
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by malax View Post

Everything about iOS8 was announced earlier this summer at the WWDC.

For existing hardware.

• Reply 62 of 157

I agree, looking at Note 4. Can't deal with this constant ugrading every two years with incremental upgrades from most devices nowadays. Want a phone now that will last me a while now and I get my monies worth out of it.

Who is making you to upgrade every two years? You. So stop it. Don't blame Apple.
  • Reply 63 of 157
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,323moderator
    sog35 wrote: »
    fortunately most people have 2 hands.

But not always two hands free:

Businessmen carrying their briefcase, shoppers carrying shopping, parents holding their child's hand. Large screens force users to compromise. 4.7" at least isn't significantly wider so you just miss out on a top portion of the display.
  • Reply 64 of 157
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">fortunately most people have 2 hands.</span>

Which, as we know, are available at ALL times, and for ALL uses, to manage your cell phone, regardless of the situation in which you want to use it¡

Just let him be; he'll never grasp the issue at hand.
  • Reply 65 of 157
    sockrolidsockrolid Posts: 2,789member

Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...  a busy fall for the company, which has been particularly quiet thus far through the first seven months of 2014.

Get used to that pattern.  Same thing happened last year, IIRC.

Going forward, Apple could keep releasing hardware updates late in the year, simply because Q4 is the big holiday selling season and it's best to have your newest products ready for that.  But what about the first half of the year, before WWDC's iOS and OS X previews and before the "big bang" of holiday hardware rollouts?  What could Apple possibly do in the spring, summer, and early fall (aside from Mac speed bumps)?

How about announcing content deals and pushing out new apps / channels to Apple TV?  Apple has shown year after year that they're ready to disrupt TV as we know it.  With live streaming, pre-recorded streaming, renting, and purchasing.  And yes, iAd.  All up and running for years.  

Interesting that summer is a dead period for traditional TV, with re-runs and all.  Would be the perfect time to roll out new content for Apple TV.  Just a thought.

• Reply 66 of 157
    I'll wait to see the invitations
  • Reply 67 of 157
    malaxmalax Posts: 1,598member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

For existing hardware.

What's your point?  The original poster was asking for/expecting changes to the OS with the rollout of the new phone that would convince him to stay with the iPhone.

• Reply 68 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shows-What-Uno View Post

I agree, looking at Note 4. Can't deal with this constant ugrading every two years with incremental upgrades from most devices nowadays. Want a phone now that will last me a while now and I get my monies worth out of it.

I have a Mac,iPad Air and iPhone 5, looking like i'll miss the 6 as just wider and longer like the change from 3.5 form factor to 4 with no change in how iOS works within the device, unless something changes next month i'll make the switch to the Note 4 and b4 happy. I like both brands despite people arguing over who is better.

so you grumble about iOS and decide TouchWiz is your savior?

Good luck with that.

He deserves worse: Tizen.

• Reply 69 of 157
    Quote:

so you grumble about iOS and decide TouchWiz is your savior?

Good luck with that.

Yes I know the supposed issues with touch wiz, but the Note 3 is a beast you cannot deny that. The Note 4 could be even better if some of the rumours emerge with the device. Time will tell, my next phone purchase will be the last for a while, I can't keep feeding these  companies.  

• Reply 70 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

He deserves worse: Tizen.

No thanks, believe me i'm up to date on the tech side, No need for the sarcasm. Love Apple but far from a sheep, have invested a lot of money with that company. Fact i'm prudent and wise should not make me a laughing stock.

I want a phone to last me a while now as stated. Apple holds back of leading the hardware due to margins and need to get people to upgrade and continue to feed their pockets the following year, not angry with that as it's a business. I don't even get a 1080p screen in 2014 with Apple iPhone, The note 4 will allegedly have QHD all though it will be slightly better it would  have that screen say 2-3 years before Apple implements it to their phones,

My only issue is Samsungs poor customer service that I have experienced compared to Apples excellent service.  Lets talk, give me reason to stay with Apple since the joke is on me. FYI i'm up to date on whats going on...

• Reply 71 of 157
    newcodenewcode Posts: 24member
    Good it isn't just me that thinks that the first Friday after the proposed unvieling date isn't the 19th that AI mentioned.

In recent years they've announced on a Tuesday and then launched the Friday of the next week. So a 9th reveal would mean a 19th launch based on the last three years.

Here's some info I posted in a different thread the other day, showing number of days from announcement to (US) launch:

171 - iPhone
    32 - iPhone 3G
    12 - iPhone 3GS
    17 - iPhone 4
    10 - iPhone 4S
    9 - iPhone 5
    11 - iPhone 5S
  • Reply 72 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Shows-What-Uno View Post

No thanks, believe me i'm up to date on the tech side, No need for the sarcasm. Love Apple but far from a sheep, have invested a lot of money with that company. Fact i'm prudent and wise should not make me a laughing stock.

I want a phone to last me a while now as stated. Apple holds back of leading the hardware due to margins and need to get people to upgrade and continue to feed their pockets the following year, not angry with that as it's a business. I don't even get a 1080p screen in 2014 with Apple iPhone, The note 4 will allegedly have QHD all though it will be slightly better it would  have that screen say 2-3 years before Apple implements it to their phones,

My only issue is Samsungs poor customer service that I have experienced compared to Apples excellent service.  Lets talk, give me reason to stay with Apple since the joke is on me. FYI i'm up to date on whats going on...

There is no need to give you a reason. You should go with/stay with whatever makes you happy. Moreover, if you're up-to-date with what's going on, it's not like anyone could tell you anything you don't already know.

• Reply 73 of 157
    manolodf wrote: »
    Since Apple releases the iPhone on the Friday following the Public Unveiling that would put the Release date as Friday Sept 12, and not Sept 19 that is in the article.
    No, it's released on the Friday after a full week after the event, 19th is still true
  • Reply 74 of 157

Not Apple correct, I'm searching for the perfect phone(will never happen), iOS works great with their products but if i was to purchase a Note 4 maybe i could run with that for a few years as my point, as you can customise more and has more features although some are worthless gimmicks etc.  

Plz don't mention touch wiz have addressed that already. there was no need to be abrupt. Thanks for your input.

• Reply 75 of 157

Was it not Unveiled last year on Tuesday Sept 17th and then Released on Friday Sept 20?

• Reply 76 of 157
    Quote:

Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

There is no need to give you a reason. You should go with/stay with whatever makes you happy. Moreover, if you're up-to-date with what's going on, it's not like anyone could tell you anything you don't already know.

Correct, but as many like to give one sentences as answers wanted to see what one would say. Lets be clear the iPhone could still get purchased if it "wows" me.. I like things like MAC address feature in iOS 8 compared to google always wanting your date etc.

Just feels like the same phone with a bigger screen.

• Reply 77 of 157
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    maestro64 wrote: »
    I am really curious how Apple solved the one handed use of 5.5" Display phone. I am not sure how many of your played with a 5.1" Samsung phone, I recently had the chance to use one and could not believe how they claim you can use it one handed.
    apple will pretend as though they never talked about one handed use. Unless of course they have some new software features/gestures that will assist with one handed use that they're saving for the iPhone announcement.
  • Reply 78 of 157

Everything you've mentioned I know, "plz don't mention touch wiz? As i addressed it with someone else, Everyone is quick to type but still cannot validate a reason with i should stay with Apple. Not that i need any help to stay or go.

• Reply 79 of 157

Not 1st post, Cheers. Not a shill at all.

• Reply 80 of 157

It's not always about wanting latest OS, how do you know if i update mine or stay on same OS phone came with. Some people are quick to rush to DL latest OS then cry when their phone performs worse than it did before the ran to get the latest OS.Some companies make phones perform worse to force you to upgrade. That being side i'm up to date and my eyes are fully opened, I have not drunk any kook-aid from any company.

Quote:

Why not mention touchWiz?  Its the OS skin and thats very important.

Also remember Google only guarantees OS updates for 18 months after release. 

Chances are when your phone is 2 years old you will be running an old OS.  In 4 years you will be 3 generations behind. 

If you want a phone to last 4+ years it would be foolish to choose Android.  Apple updates all iOS devices for at least 5 years.

It's not always about wanting latest OS, how do you know if i update mine or stay on same OS phone came with. Some people are quick to rush to DL latest OS then cry when their phone performs worse than it did before they ran to get the latest OS. Some companies make phones perform worse to force you to upgrade. That being said i'm up to date and my eyes are fully opened, I have not drunk any kook-aid from any company.