Killer Deal: Save up to $250 on Apple's new Macs plus get a 3-Year AppleCare Protection Plan for fre

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 54
    sd-diversd-diver Posts: 54member
    Thanks - that did it. I had done it that way initially but didn't complete the purchase since they were not in stock. Got the adorama email telling me that something was in my cart and tried from there. While not as good as $2599, $2649 is still a great price. Now watch Apple update these this week!
  • Reply 42 of 54
    sd-diversd-diver Posts: 54member
    ...and it looks like they will update it Tuesday! ????
  • Reply 43 of 54

I was deeply concerned to read that there appear to have been a number of problems for members of this forum - both in terms of actually placing orders with Adorama, and in getting them fulfilled.

While I can't identify any of you from your postings here, I'd like to reach out and invite you to  contact us at [email protected], with any queries or concerns you may have, so a representative can get back to you and do their best to help. 

Please accept my sincere apologies for any frustration or disappointment caused, and I very much look forward to hearing from you

Best wishes

Helen

• Reply 44 of 54
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sd-diver View Post

Looks like the deal no longer works.  I initially was going for the $2599 MBP, but it was out of stock.  Just tried this again, and the price is at $2893 and the code AP08072014 no longer works...  :(

You must click through the links in our Price Guides or it won't work. Make sure you have cookies or JavaScript enabled. If you still have issues, contact us at [email protected] and we'll address the situation. 

• Reply 45 of 54
    saakhussaakhus Posts: 2member

I live outside of the USA.  I intend to purchase an iMac, using this discount deal, for my mother in Florida (but could be anywhere for tax evasion discussion).  Obviously, I am not going to file a state tax return in her state for the sole purpose of paying sales tax, so I guess my mother, who is a very moral and ethical person, will need to ask me for the price I paid on the iMac gift, then calculate the state sales tax, and then report it on her state tax return ... glad she lives in FL with state income tax so she can sleep at night.

• Reply 46 of 54
    vaporlandvaporland Posts: 358member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by sd-diver View Post

Looks like the deal no longer works.  I initially was going for the $2599 MBP, but it was out of stock.  Just tried this again, and the price is at $2893 and the code AP08072014 no longer works...  :(

You must click through the links in our Price Guides or it won't work. Make sure you have cookies or JavaScript enabled. If you still have issues, contact us at [email protected] and we'll address the situation. 

Adorama states that the email address should be [email protected].

I'm only asking as someone who purchased a great bargain, but was amazed at how difficult it was to complete the transaction on Adorama's website.

(I communicated with Ms. Oster and was the person who initially warned her that folks were having problems completing orders - I know I had quite a time getting it done due to the confusing process)

This is 2014 - surely you've seen Amazon's one click purchase?

I suggest a revamp of this entire ordering process:

(1) Tell the client to set up an Adorama VIP account, then click the link from appleinsider.com to the product they want 

(2) the product link page opens (in a new checkout window) with three things to enter:  Adorama VIP ID, Adorama VIP Password, Discount code, then click GO

(3) The checkout window redisplays the updated price, then asks for payment info and closes the deal.

The 'help' instructions are simply too long. The Adorama shopping cart UI is really not operable. These are some good deals. My new Mac Mini Server is humming along nicely...

• Reply 47 of 54
    jimrugjimrug Posts: 3member
    Hey AI - any idea why Adorama is NOT listed as an Authorized Reseller on Apple's site?

http://salesresources.apple.com/sp/catalog/

Are they really an Authorized Reseller of Apple?
  • Reply 48 of 54
    jimrugjimrug Posts: 3member

AI - can your confirm that Adorama is an Authorized Apple Reseller?

I dont see Adorama on the official apple.com reseller site:

Please confirm as soon as possible.

• Reply 49 of 54

It was clearly stated that the promotion was running until the 12th in several places; why did it suddenly change to the 10th? I'm extremely frustrated because I was intending on taking advantage of the deal today but apparently now it's almost $200 more expensive because I have to pay for shipping too.

Proof:

https://cloudup.com/c2O19t-GY4w

https://cloudup.com/cLcP_0HvmDT

Is there any chance that this deal can be restored? What happened anyway?

• Reply 50 of 54
    Yes, I think Appleinsider has a responsibility to chime in here. I've put a call in to Adorama, but sales is closed for the night.

We appreciate you putting this deal together, but someone has to be in charge of making sure the promotions and their corresponding advertisements are aligned. I'm sure Alex and I are not the only two annoyed and disappointed shoppers tonight.
  • Reply 51 of 54
    For some reason, the mods are not updating comments here.

Appleinsider, you have a certain responsibility to fix or at least address this issue. Today is the 12th. The promotion should still be working until midnight. How about some help here?

:no:
  • Reply 52 of 54

Guys, it was a month-long promotion but, yes, we made a mistake on the expiration date in many articles. Therefore, if you call Adorama's main line (800-223-2500) tonight and say you are calling about the AppleInsider promo, they have been nice enough to agree to honor it by phone for anyone who was expecting to order today. This will only be honored until midnight. 

If you guys have any issues, please mail me personally at [email protected] and I will make sure you are taken care of. Again, we apologize for the error.

K
  • Reply 53 of 54
    Quote:

Originally Posted by jimrug View Post

Hey AI - any idea why Adorama is NOT listed as an Authorized Reseller on Apple's site?

Are they really an Authorized Reseller of Apple?

Yes. They are 100% Apple Authorized.

• Reply 54 of 54
    Thank you!