Yosemite Mail

Posted:
in macOS edited August 2014

I am running the beta version of Yosemite released to the public. I have one serious problem! Mail quits immediately when I attempt to open it. I have sent Apple several instances using the Feedback Assistant. It's now almost two weeks since I installed the Yosemite beta and no solution is forth coming. I tried to run my Mac from my backup disk which is still running Maverick but that didn't work. My wife is ready to kill me! Help please!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    What does the long crash log say when it crashes?
  • Reply 2 of 7
    duveduve Posts: 6member
    Mail unexpectedly quit
  • Reply 3 of 7
    It says "mail has unexpectedly quit"
  • Reply 4 of 7

I'm always amused when people are surprised that a BETA has bugs.

Why would you run a BETA of the OS on a computer that you need to have operational?... 

(BTW: Apple will not respond to your "reports" ... they use them to fix the OS, but you'll not get a response.)

• Reply 5 of 7
    My wife is the only one who uses the computer. We both have iPads so she can get her mail there but she wants it on the Mac. I have been a Mac user since 1984 and I have done beta software for many company's. This is the first time I did it on Mac system software because it was never offered to the publi before. I'm not an expert but I usually figure out things, but this one has me stumped.
  • Reply 6 of 7
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    ...????...
  • Reply 7 of 7
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    duve wrote: »
    Mail unexpectedly quit

The long crash log when you hit the report button.