Beats by Dr. Dre gets its own section on Apple's online store

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 99
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    elijahg wrote: »
    I think the only micro USB socketed device I own is the AppleTV, which I've never plugged into anything except the TV and mains.

The Micro-USB on the Apple TV is only for service and support. So none, then.
    But I have seen USB micro sockets/plugs on Android phones and thought how flimsy they look. I've seen photos of deformed USB micro sockets too

So no experience then, contrary to what your wrote. Got it.
    they're just too small to be tough enough for daily unplugging/replugging.

Like the Lightning connector from Apple, you mean¿ Small doesn't mean it cannot be stiff. Ask around.
  • Reply 82 of 99
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Elijahg View Post

Like Tallest Skil, if you had an Apple device burn your house down you'd never admit it.

Hey, thanks for continuing to lie about things you could never in a lifetime know.

Even a child can see that a problem someone else has might not affect them.

Even a child knows that manhandling his possessions leads to them breaking.

• Reply 83 of 99
    If I may try to end this cable argument, it is a given some people are slower to adopt a proper handling of a very different cable model. I can see real problems with the lightning cable for people with large fingers or a weak grip.
  • Reply 84 of 99
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    philboogie wrote: »
    So you're one of those people that don't bother to look how to plug it in but simply use brute force?

We'd die off as a species if we didn’t plug it in using brute force every now and then. :lol:
  • Reply 85 of 99
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member

Except that a child's first toy was virtually unbreakable. ;)
  • Reply 86 of 99
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    We'd die off as a species if we didn’t plug it in using brute force every now and then. :lol:
    That mentality is only relevant when humanity is sliding toward extinction and females are refusing to contribute to human species survival.
  • Reply 87 of 99
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhilBoogie View Post

Small doesn't mean it cannot be stiff. Ask around.

That quote must be worthy of someone's signature; or perhaps you're trying to defend your manhood. Lol!

• Reply 88 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Except that a child's first toy was virtually unbreakable. image

Teddy bears are pretty resilient, but they can have the stuffing knocked out of them.

• Reply 89 of 99
    philboogiephilboogie Posts: 7,675member
    dasanman69 wrote: »

philboogie wrote: »

<span style="font-size:16px;line-height:1.4em;">Small doesn't mean it cannot be stiff. Ask around.</span>

That quote must be worthy of someone's signature; or perhaps you're trying to defend your manhood. Lol!

LOL at you both. Here's something from Amazon:

Teddy bears are pretty resilient, but they can have the stuffing knocked out of them.

That reminds me off Roger Sterling "See her this weekend. You hit it off, come Turkey Day, maybe you can stuff her."
  • Reply 90 of 99
    hill60hill60 Posts: 6,992member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Elijahg View Post

British citizens actually have 7 years to claim for certain defects, such as poor design which would have been present in a device when delivered.

Wrong.

Six months on the battery and other accessories, twelve on the charger.

• Reply 91 of 99
    magman1979magman1979 Posts: 1,293member
    So you don't work in a store, it's not a family affair, and now you have these things passed down to "your team". So again I ask where do you work where you get cables passed down to you and you're able to tell people to "GET OUT"? A school? Some IT department? Your argument is falling apart faster than lightning cables, you should probably give up.

You actually guessed something correctly, I do work as a senior tech in an IT department of a university. And yes we can tell certain people we don't service, or those who are abusive and utterly stupid to get out.
    How do you know if my cables have had high mileage?
    No, it doesn't, I have old 30 pin connectors too that I've never even used.

This pretty much sums it up. If you don't want to be called out on something, be more careful in how you structure your statements next time...
    You're just saying the same thing repeatedly because you have no real argument and are blindly defending Apple. There're posts on this very thread stating the cables are crap quality, but you chose to decide that people must be mistreating their cables (but not the devices, no one ever mistreats those). These are facts, proof people are having problems with the cables. There really is no point in discussing this further with you because you seem to think you're some kind of God of cables, and anyone who has a problem with their cable/device has to have been mistreating it. Right. If that's the case, why does warranty exist for anything? Because of course everything is perfect and never breaks. You admit you see mangled cables but still think they're top quality. You're so blinded by fanboyism you can't see the forest for the trees.

I see only a few posts claiming of cable issues, whilst most everyone else claims they are fine. Like another user said, out of the 500 million iOS devices sold, if only a few thousand are having issues, and in my experience those are caused by users who mistreat the gear, then I'm sorry, you don't have a leg to stand on. Where I work we have thousands of iOS devices, and none of the Apple-made cables have issues. I've seen plenty of the knock-off cables having problems, and if you want to know how many other cables have strain relief problems, just reference my other posts. And yes, I do think I am right, because experience is more valuable in this case in actually determining how a product is used in the wild, and I've seen how they're mistreated by their owners.
    Like Tallest Skil, if you had an Apple device burn your house down you'd never admit it.

Now you're just spreading FUD, because the only times I've heard any iOS product causing a fire is because they were used with non-certified accessories, like chargers and cables. Besides, if said device burned his house down, I highly doubt his priority in those circumstances would be to chat on AI.
    Yes of course some failures are due to mistreatment. But not all. I replied before regarding "baby their device" (and I'm just repeating myself over and over, you seem to have a memory that lasts approximately one post). I asked why is it everyone babies the devices and not the cables? Where's your proof of this? Why don't you see mass problems with cheap eBay cables? Why are my old PVC 30-pin connectors still going strong but the two month old Lightning cables still breaking? Do I somehow mistreat the Lightning cables but not the 30-pin ones?

That's just it, I DO see mass problems with those crap knock-off cables from places like eBay and Best Buy, because they are made and designed so poorly. I have Lightning cables from the original iPhone 5 launch in my desk that have been used daily, and guess what, they have no issues! Whereas I have three knock-off Lightning cables in the junk bin right now that have failed after a week. Based on the fact there are MILLIONS of users of Lightning cables in use without issue, I do, and will continue, to blame the end user for their failures, as actual defect rates on them are quite low.
    A disproportionate number of Apple cables break due to no fault of the user. I do find it amusing how you just dismiss previous strain relief problems as in the past as now fixed, when it's obviously still a problem.

There is nothing disproportionate about it. You're just like those angry commenters on the Apple store. If you get a happy customer, they'll tell 10 people they're happy. If you get one pissed off person, they'll go tell a thousand people. That's something very basic taught in marketing classes. It's no wonder those who do experience an issue, whether their fault or a defect, are overly vocal about it. But if there was a REAL wide-spread problem, there would be a recall on them, like there has for other truly wide-spread issues. There ISN'T an issue here, and the majority of the problems stem from user abuse that I see on a hourly-by-hourly, daily basis.
    I've noticed on your posting history that every time anyone says anything that could be construed as even the slightest bit negative toward Apple, you're on them like a ton of bricks. If Apple devices released toxic gas after a year you'd say people should replace them after 10 months, there's not a fault. I am a fan of Apple, but I'm not blindly following and agreeing to everything they do. I can see and admit when they make a mistake, admitting your mistake is the best way to improve upon something. Ignoring it with fingers in your ears singing lalalalala isn't the way to improve. Luckily Apple isn't like you, they do listen to their customers and they will admit when they made a mistake.
    Since you seem to have no knowledge of plastics nor engineering, I don't see how you can really argue your case at a level more than "I haven't had this problem so no one else should either". In fact you aren't arguing it at any other level. Explain to me how stiff foamed non-PVC plastic is able to bend back and forth many times without fracturing? Even a child can see that a problem someone else has might not affect them.

I see you edited your original response...

Your opinion of me or my attitude towards Apple are erroneous and of no concern of mine. I've had to deal with the fallout of some of the recalls you mentioned, especially the HD replacements, as we've had a rash of those fail on us recently. I do place blame on Apple if they are at fault for something that is genuinely their fault, not if it's the result of some whiny spoiled people who don't know how to take care of what they own.
  • Reply 92 of 99
    hill60 wrote: »
    British citizens actually have 7 years to claim for certain defects, such as poor design which would have been present in a device when delivered.

Wrong.

Six months on the battery and other accessories, twelve on the charger.

Actually, Elijah is right on this one. I think it's the Sale of Goods Act, though I thought it was six years.
  • Reply 93 of 99
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Actually, Elijah is right on this one. I think it's the Sale of Goods Act, though I thought it was six years.

No wonder everything is so expensive there.

• Reply 94 of 99

No wonder everything is so expensive there.

Too many rules and regulations. That's why we want to leave the EU.
  • Reply 95 of 99

So Samsung has false and misleading information on their UK website?
  • Reply 96 of 99

So Samsung has false and misleading information on their UK website?

What are you referring to?
  • Reply 97 of 99
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

The link I posted earlier, which the post I replied to was in response to.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

• Reply 98 of 99

The link I posted earlier, which the post I replied to was in response to.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/warranty/

Thanks for the link. I'm afraid I don't visit the websites of thieves.