New Apple TV 'stalls' because of cable companies & content deals, likely not arriving until 2015 - r

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 87
    freediverxfreediverx Posts: 1,423member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Paul94544 View Post

Of course the industry is worried, Look what Apple did to the music Industry. 

You mean save it, right? Apple basically saved the music industry's ass.

Before the iPod and iTunes, music sales were in a downward spiral as people frustrated with decades of abuse by the recording industry turned to Napster and other MP3 sharing services. After much arm twisting the record companies finally relented and agreed to Apple's demand to allow sales of digital music as singles (rather than forcing everyone to buy albums), to allow customers to listen to meaningfully long samples of any song before purchase, to offer fair and simple pricing ($0.99 per song), and to allow customers to listen to their purchased music on different devices (iPod, PC) without paying extra for the privilege. The result was a rebirth of music sales, but the recording industry was still pissed because they could no longer make the same fat profits they were previously used to from gouging customers.

Apple eventually also persuaded most of the record companies to remove DRM from their tracks in exchange for a slightly higher price ($1.29), thereby removing another huge barrier to legal music downloads.

The fact that music sales are in another slump today is because a) let's face it, a lot of the music being promoted by the industry is garbage, and b) many people are coming around to the idea of music subscription services, now that pricing has settled to a reasonable $10/mo. and some of the services (like Beats Music and Spotify) allow users to access a vast library anywhere, anytime and from any device.

• Reply 82 of 87
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member

until apple spreads its weight "bucks" like creating their own production studios, buying others , we will be doomed to pay massive amounts for the 7 channels people typically watch

my hope that's what beats or their  leadership brings

apple i think is keeping things close to the chest i think there is a solution with jon ives that's part of the beats magic it was a brilliant strategic move

but this comcast TW deal was proposed to defend against apple $$$$$$

i wish new apple tv or software update allows bluetooth headphones so i can watch without waking my family

• Reply 83 of 87
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

i wish new apple tv or software update allows bluetooth headphones so i can watch without waking my family

That would be a function of your TV, not a set-top box.

{EDIT} Does anyone make a Bluetooth transmitter you can plug into the headphone jack or audio out on your TV set?

• Reply 84 of 87

apple tv support bt keyboard why not headset???

• Reply 85 of 87
    Quote:

Originally Posted by NOFEER View Post

apple tv support bt keyboard why not headset???

Well for starters, how would you control the volume?

• Reply 86 of 87

same as with apple tv   i up the volume button on my remote

they can output from apple tv use my ear phones to up and down volume

roku has a "way"

apple can be better

Remote: Built-in headphone jack, plus Wi-Fi Direct 

The Roku 3's marquee feature is the remote's private listening mode: plug a pair of headphones into the remote's headphone jack and you can listen to whatever's playing on your Roku. Plugging in the headphones also automatically mutes your TV, and headphone volume can be adjusted using the rocker on the right side of the remote. Another smart feature: the headphone volume leaves the TV volume unaffected, so cranking it up in private-listening mode won't mean you blast the room when you pop out the headphones.

my lg 55 has a headphone jack some suggest this product  bluetooth adapter

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B005HMT7QY/ref=nosim/?ascsubtag=FWctpemz&tag=fatwalletcom&linkCode=as1

but apple could add this with output adjustment