Purported assembled 4.7-inch 'iPhone 6' display shown off in new photos

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    <iframe width="640" height="385" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/6KS-ypy88fY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

The Cylons will pay for what they've done.
  • Reply 22 of 40
    mejsric wrote: »
    I wonder why many people believe in YouTube. Create a fake then boom money!!!!

Yup. Just search for "iPhone 6 unboxing" on YouTube. Or as I like to call it, YouRube. ;)
  • Reply 23 of 40
    Great way to generate interest.
  • Reply 24 of 40
    dancxgdancxg Posts: 36member
    I still have the 4s, my wife has the 5s but I don't like how tall and narrow it is. Does anyone know from the pictures if the 4.7" model will be like a 4s but stretched equally in both directions(can't think of the proper term)? Like a 4s but bigger? I would really prefer a 6 in a thinner 4s case like a poster above mentioned.
  • Reply 25 of 40
    dewmedewme Posts: 5,332member

Wishing it was September already. Maybe show us something interesting, like a solder blob.

• Reply 26 of 40
    I skipped the 5s and have kept my 4s for an extended period. My digitizer has begun to malfunction sporadically on the right side of the screen. I'll have to go with the smaller 4.7" model, bigger is not better for me. Besides, bigger screens take more battery power. Everyone I know who touts their Samsung S5 has to charge it one to three times a day. I have a Morphie charging case that I rarely need to use, but its there when I need it.
  • Reply 27 of 40
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    mejsric wrote: »
    I wonder why many people believe in YouTube. Create a fake then boom money!!!!
    I thought Brownlee got that panel from Sonny Dickson?
  • Reply 28 of 40
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Yep, that's what he claimed in the video.

• Reply 30 of 40
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by hentaiboy View Post

Man this site is late to the party

I want to see an expansion on this set of images, but there’s nowhere else to go (since they didn’t put any effort into making the case look different). I love what it does, though; it shows everything that people want to see but “just happens” to exclude hands so that the size isn’t given away.

• Reply 31 of 40
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

I want to see an expansion on this set of images, but there’s nowhere else to go (since they didn’t put any effort into making the case look different). I love what it does, though; it shows everything that people want to see but “just happens” to exclude hands so that the size isn’t given away.

Nor a running Springboard. And the box shows 5 rows of icons.

• Reply 32 of 40
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member

Its a pity about the 5.5.  I wouldn't want one but it would've been nice to see.

Its not looking good for wearables either given the lack of specific leaks. 

• Reply 33 of 40
    I call BS on this as well.

Remember this is APPLE

When was the last time you unboxed an iPhone? Think about it.
    When was the last time you saw a screen protector that was NOT precisely aligned?
    When was the last time you saw a screen protector that was NOT free of air bubbles?
    True you may argue that someone may remove and re-apply the screen protector to actually touch the sapphire goodness. BUT - most critically.
    When was the last time you saw a screen protector that was NOT precisely sized?
  • Reply 34 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    rogifan wrote: »

There's no reason to believe he was lying about the source of the component, but it may not have been what they thought it was.
  • Reply 35 of 40
    hentaiboy wrote: »

~~Fake iPhone 6 unboxing photos deleted~~

These are iPhone 6 replicas from China, based on rumors and they run an iOS 7 looking shell on top of some old Android. Yes, they even come in an official looking box that says "iPhone 6." Search YouTube for "iPhone 6 Unboxing".
    That's why whenever some rumor site shows an alleged iPhone 6 part, I have to wonder if it's one from one the replicas.
  • Reply 36 of 40
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,309moderator
    hentaiboy wrote: »

~~Fake iPhone 6 unboxing photos deleted~~

These are iPhone 6 replicas from China, based on rumors and they run an iOS 7 looking shell on top of some old Android. Yes, they even come in an official looking box that says "iPhone 6." Search YouTube for "iPhone 6 Unboxing".
    That's why whenever some rumor site shows an alleged iPhone 6 part, I have to wonder if it's one from one the replicas.

That one has two dots at the top like the replica here:

[VIDEO]

Any genuine front plate is going to have at most the proximity sensor and camera for dots and they'd be spaced evenly.
  • Reply 37 of 40
    I'm with tallest skil. I mean, sometimes I would think they could get palm/finger prints from pictures that would show who they are if they're employees or people from the production line. I wish they'd nail the people who leak this. Wouldn't it be nice to be completely surprised by an Apple product again. Maybe one of those, "Oh, and one more thing%u2026" announcements that used to blow everybody away.
  • Reply 38 of 40
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by WizGeezer View Post

When was the last time you unboxed an iPhone? Think about it.

July 1, 2007.

When was the last time you saw a screen protector that was NOT precisely aligned?

It’s the plastic that covers the part in shipping.

When was the last time you saw a screen protector that was NOT free of air bubbles?

Again, plastic cover.

• Reply 39 of 40

HDC i6 is one of my favorite smartphones ever as it looks like the original Iphone. It also has some nice feature which include a quad-core processor and 1gig of RAM which makes it work faster. It also has a number of sensors which is also a great deal with this kind of cheap smartphone. It also has an 8Gb ROM for storing contents. The look of the phone is amazing. Its great. Check it out http://www.hdc-mobile.com/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=68