Latest purported leak shows scuffed-up 'iPhone 6' rear panel

Comments

• Reply 21 of 69
    thepixeldocthepixeldoc Posts: 2,257member
    ttollerton wrote: »
    I can't get over the idea of a protruding camera lens. I won't say "sloppy" but it really just seems a little unpolished for Apple's flagship product that has always been svelt, balanced, and symmetrical. Call me skeptical until Sept 9.

One word: prototype.

mejsric wrote: »
    Seems like a quality of a fake iPhone product.

Ditto: prototype.
    sog35 wrote: »
    I'll rather have a 'sloppy' lens that takes great pictures than a 'beautiful' lens that takes decent picture.

But I'm certain that Apple will deliver both.  I don't think the lense will protrude in the final design.

Remember last year when 'well connected' Ming Kuo said the TouchID button would protrude?  Turn out to be a bunch of well connect BullSheet.

Sound judgement (for once*) and I concur... :)

*** Just kiddin'.
  • Reply 22 of 69
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    rp2011 wrote: »
    Yikes! I would hate my iPhone band to be peeling off like that. A new attenagate may be brewing if that is representative of the wear and tear we are in for. Not too mention it is just not the most elegant of iPhone. There could be a backlash at how low end this phone looks and how much it costs.
    Sonny Dickson (@SonnyDickson) says:
    August 12, 2014 at 3:35 am
    This iPhone 6 Back Housing is a Prototype its not the Final part that will ship, but its 100% real.
  • Reply 23 of 69
    mejsricmejsric Posts: 152member
    rogifan wrote: »
    This is what we got from Sonny Dickson last year. He's NOT always reliable.

ayasjn.jpg

Dont kill his job or he will be homeless. Lol
  • Reply 24 of 69
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

It's actually the new iPeriscope...

• Reply 25 of 69
    mejsric wrote: »
    Dont kill his job or he will be homeless. Lol
    Well he's sticking by this leak claiming its legit but not the final part.
  • Reply 26 of 69

Well, that's it.  When I saw this I sold all my Apple stock, since clearly they're doooooomed!!!11!!!1!11!!!!one!!!1!!11!!!!

• Reply 27 of 69
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member

The antenna bands do appear to be intentionally abused, as in pried or pounded apart. Certainly doesn't look like typical wear and tear.

• Reply 28 of 69
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by winstein2010 View Post

"protruding camera lens" = Interchangeable lenses for different focal length.

Unlikely.

That reeks of fussiness, fragility, and complexity, all of which belie the basic spirit of iOS hardware (and Apple in general).

I -- for one -- believe this is a fake mockup. Apple's obsession is flatness right now, a protruding camera lens is diametrically opposed to this. Plus the build quality looks very poor and the scuff marks and other damage look fishy.

Most rumors (maybe 97-98%) posted to this site (and other Apple rumor blogs in general) are wrong anyhow, so the overwhelming odds are this is phony.

• Reply 29 of 69

Please can we just wait until 9th Sept. All this idle speculation is simply wasting our lives. Surely we have something better to do than this unproductive banter. What really makes me chuckle is some folk write here as if Apple are actually listening or reading this. Get a life !!!!!!

• Reply 30 of 69
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banyan Bruce View Post

Please can we just wait until 9th Sept. All this idle speculation is simply wasting our lives. Surely we have something better to do than this unproductive banter. What really makes me chuckle is some folk write here as if Apple are actually listening or reading this. Get a life !!!!!!

If you hadn't noticed, this is a tech rumor blog.

It is not a news site like the New York Times or Wall Street Journal.

If you don't want to read this sort of stuff, visit some other fine places on the Internet.

• Reply 31 of 69
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    No way this is real. The lens touching that unattractive, thick band like that? Bullshit.

Sonny Dickson is an idiot.
  • Reply 32 of 69
    sog35 wrote: »
    Sonny Dickson's 15 minutes of fame is over.

Apple probably found his 'source' and shut them down.

I have no doubt the final phone will not look like this

Dickson's accuracy record is spotty. But he did say this is a prototype and not the final part. Every time we see leaks of an unfinished product we get the same comments and then once the product is released and we see all the press shots everyone drools over how gorgeous it is. :lol:
  • Reply 33 of 69
    I don't post here very often primarily because the reporting is downright shoddy.

This thing has already been on the market for several weeks and still the images above are treated as *gasp* fact!

Grief. Do some research.

http://www.cultofmac.com/289781/like-unbox-iphone-6-knock/
  • Reply 34 of 69
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kscherer View Post

I don't post here very often primarily because the reporting is downright shoddy.

This thing has already been on the market for several weeks and still the images above are treated as *gasp* fact!

Grief. Do some research.

http://www.cultofmac.com/289781/like-unbox-iphone-6-knock/

Thats an "iPhone 6" clone from China. It's not this. It's not the iPhone 6 either. 

• Reply 35 of 69

I don't know if this is real of not. But I wouldn't care if the lens gets bigger. As far as I understand the optics, it had to some time. And if they are making the whole iPhone thinner, something has to give. Get used to it. This year or next, the camera will protrude.

• Reply 36 of 69
    Originally Posted by alcstarheel View Post

Can't wait for the 5.5" iPod Pro.

What’s “pro” about it?

Originally Posted by Banyan Bruce View Post

Get a life !!!!!!

Get a clue.

• Reply 37 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Banyan Bruce View Post

Who writes like that? 

I am here for the speculation. Your milage may vary. However if you like news, sometime later this year ( not necessarily Sept. 9th since that too is speculative) you should wake up to a CNN news reel about a new iPhone. And maybe some other devices, although that is looking less likely as time goes by. 

No need to come here at all, really, if all you want is news.

• Reply 38 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

Thats an "iPhone 6" clone from China. It's not this. It's not the iPhone 6 either. 

If you can't see that they are the same crappy part with the same crappy, protruding lens and the same crappy, white [failing] plastic inserts and the same crappy, stamped aluminum shell, well, I can't help you with that.

Of course the link I posted was to an "iPhone 6 clone from China". That's the whole point. The "purported" image "leak" is the back panel from that cheap, crappy Chinese knockoff. This is not a part from Apple.

Do you folks honestly believe that Apple is going to use cheap, crappy plastic as antenna separators? If you do, I think you aren't paying very close attention.

Two words for this story: "Link" and "Bait"!

• Reply 39 of 69
    It's obvi that it's a hoax.... There are no internals, just a back plate! Why would someone beat up a back plate (one we have already seen b4) just to prove what??? Plus how does something get so abused when it's of NO VALUE! If it were valuable, then why abuse it?! And why are the so called "high Res" images so poorly lit, no flash was used, not enuff overhead lighting??? If ur gonna take the time to post such a pertinent piece of info/finding then why not do it RIGHT?! Food for thought! Please comment w ur thoughts...?
  • Reply 40 of 69
    Originally Posted by MagnetPhreak View Post

Why would someone beat up a back plate (one we have already seen b4) just to prove what??? 

Because it’s a test model for exactly that purpose and they’re done with it now?

Plus how does something get so abused when it's of NO VALUE! If it were valuable, then why abuse it?! 

Testing one of the most important aspects of the single most important thing to Apple and which makes them the most money is… not valuable?

And why are the so called "high Res" images so poorly lit, no flash was used, not enuff overhead lighting??? If ur gonna take the time to post such a pertinent piece of info/finding then why not do it RIGHT?! Food for thought! Please comment w ur thoughts...? 

Every leak image is like this. Most of them are in elevators.