Rev. Jesse Jackson & Rainbow PUSH Coalition praise Apple for releasing detailed workforce diversity

Comments

• Reply 21 of 98
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Jackson a minority likes Cooks press release.

White guys on this board don't like Cooks press release.

hmmm.

very interesting.

very. 5.5.

Playing the race card again, I see.  Do you have any other cards to play, or is that it?

• Reply 22 of 98
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    Go to glassdoor.com and look up employee reviews of Apple. Rarely, if ever, will you see a complaint about Apple not being diverse enough. The biggest complaints from Apple corporate employees BY FAR is work/life balance. You also see complaints about internal politics, no room for upward movement and pay. I wonder what Cook is doing to address those issues, especially the first one,
  • Reply 23 of 98

He isn't the only one that adds to the problem. Have you ever listened to "Rev" Al Sharpton? I would love to know what 5th grade school he flunked out of.

• Reply 24 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post

He isn't the only one that adds to the problem. Have you ever listened to "Rev" Al Sharpton? I would love to know what 5th grade school he flunked out of.

This guy? ;-)

• Reply 25 of 98
    "Diversity" means so much more than just skin color or where your ancestors came from. Some people grew up in the big city, and some in small towns and farms. Some people grew up poor, and some came from wealth. Some people have travelled the world, and others have never been outside their home state. Some people are very conservative and others very liberal. It's the sum of all our experiences that make us diverse. Why does it always have to be about race? We are all more than just the color of our skin. Diversity should be about people of all different backgrounds adding something unique or distinctive to the pot. If Jesse Jackson really wants to help the black community, he should be pushing hard for school choice, and voucher programs for poor inner-city kids so they can attend decent private schools, or ending "tenure" so that bad teachers can be replaced by better ones...regardless of how long they've been teaching! Quality education is the best way forward for true diversity...not just some stupid quotas that really don't address the root cause of the problem.
  • Reply 26 of 98
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by izaiahmazin View Post

Jackson 2016?

Jackson Never

• Reply 27 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by allenbf View Post

I was wondering how long it would take Jackson to wade in.

Won't be long before the execrable Al Sharpton weighs in.

• Reply 28 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Go to glassdoor.com and look up employee reviews of Apple. Rarely, if ever, will you see a complaint about Apple not being diverse enough. The biggest complaints from Apple corporate employees BY FAR is work/life balance. You also see complaints about internal politics, no room for upward movement and pay. I wonder what Cook is doing to address those issues, especially the first one,

Large companies live and die internally on politics. The nice thing about Jobs was he instilled enough internal fear in the organization that no one felt safe in their job.

• Reply 29 of 98
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    sflocal wrote: »

I'll be more than happy to start it...

Media-whore Jesse Jackson can kiss my Mexican-American (i.e. "Minority") ass.  That guy is the poster-child for hypocrisy and double-standards.  If Martin Luther King were alive today, he'd be shaking his head in disappointment at how Jesse desecrated the memory and work of MLK.

I firmly believe a lot of the problems we have with racism today can be directly pinpointed to the constant hate-mongering that Jesse instills in the African-American community.  To him, it's an "Us-against-them" mentality instead of "We the People".   Shame on him.  I absolutely cannot stand this guy.

Shouldn’t your username then be sfloco? ;)
  • Reply 30 of 98
    Well, gird your loins, Apple, for the race-hustle shakedown!
  • Reply 31 of 98
    dasanman69dasanman69 Posts: 13,002member
    allenbf wrote: »
    I was wondering how long it would take Jackson to wade in.

I think in this occasion 'weigh in' is more appropriate
  • Reply 32 of 98
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Jackson Never

I don't think that most Americans will make such a dumb mistake again.

• Reply 33 of 98
    sflocalsflocal Posts: 6,093member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

Shouldn’t your username then be sfloco? image

I'm Jesse Jackson's worst nightmare.  A conservative minority Mexican that sees him for the bullshit he really is.

• Reply 34 of 98
    apple ][ wrote: »
    I don't think that most Americans will make such a dumb mistake again.
    Of course they will. They elected Obama twice
  • Reply 35 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

I was trying to be optimistic for a rare moment, but you're probably 100% correct. Americans are that stupid.

• Reply 36 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by dasanman69 View Post

I think in this occasion 'weigh in' is more appropriate

I meant "wade in" as in "wade into the BS that is now waist deep."  But, yeah - i see your point.

• Reply 37 of 98
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lord Amhran View Post

In fairness, Romney was a horrendous non-alternative and a sitting president typically wins their second term. Ron Paul would've been the right candidate to run against Obama, because Romney's and Obama's positions were largely the same. No one kicks out a president in favor of a nearly identical replacement.

• Reply 38 of 98
    Quote:

Race card?

I'm not even black.

I'm a white male.

But i have a conscience and I know racism is evil.

Who cares what you are?

Some of the worst racists and players of the race card are white males. Just because you claim to be a white male, that does not give you a pass on being a racist who is playing the race card, which you do in most of your posts.

• Reply 39 of 98
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

In fairness, Romney was a horrendous non-alternative and a sitting president typically wins their second term. Ron Paul would've been the right candidate to run against Obama, because Romney's and Obama's positions were largely the same. No one kicks out a president in favor of a nearly identical replacement.

I'll agree with you there. I was and still am 100% behind Ron Paul. I wish more Americans were then we wouldn't be in the shithole we are now.

• Reply 40 of 98
    Quote:

Jackson liked Cooks press release and most of the white males here didn't.

How is that racists?  That is a FACT.

You are displaying unprecedented levels of ignorance.