iMac is now sitting in my home (and i'm sitting here at work!)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
changes from "being assembled" to "being prepped for shipping"....ordered mine on the 7th....but it took me forever to get through...figure that lots of people were buying that day....apple site now says 3-5 weeks, but i am assuming that that is for new orders...still hoping that the first wave ships by the 21st (and that mine is in that wave)...oh well, it's not like i need the new iMac, the current one is fine....but dang how i want that new iMac and soon....how does apple get me to spend my money?? do you know how many new programs i want that are coming out with OS X native??? the computer may well seem cheap compared to all the software i will be getting....oh well, guess i will be needing that 3rd freakin job now....... :eek: g

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 73
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    waiting for iMac: update

1/16/02---still "being assembled"

ordered on 1/7/02

g
  • Reply 2 of 73
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    I decided to help you guys get your iMacs faster, and cancelled my order at the Apple Store.

OK, actually I got a better deal on one locally, and they're getting them in pretty quick anyway...

But hey, everyone just moved up one on the list!
  • Reply 3 of 73
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    [quote]Originally posted by murbot:

<strong>I decided to help you guys get your iMacs faster, and cancelled my order at the Apple Store.

OK, actually I got a better deal on one locally, and they're getting them in pretty quick anyway...

But hey, everyone just moved up one on the list!</strong><hr></blockquote>

How do you know they're gunna get them pretty quickly?
  • Reply 4 of 73
    bellebelle Posts: 1,574member
    I've been told by a number of stores (Including the Buffalo Apple Store, though not exactly officially) that they're expecting shipments "the week of 1/21", but there'll be limited numbers.

My guess is it's all speculation, but I'm pretty certain those willing to put in a little effort to buy from a bricks and mortar store will get their new iMac long before the first wave begins to arrive from the Apple Store online.
  • Reply 5 of 73
    Belle, you are probably right...don't know why the Apple Store always ships last...you would think it would get first crack at the new stuff...this happened with my last iMac...ordered from apple store....wasn't set to ship for a week or more, so i canceled and ordered at an on-line store (it was cheaper too, since i didn't have to pay taxes) and got it the next day...now the same thing may be happening...i want to support the apple store, but may end up changing my order to a different on-line store... or maybe just cool my jets and wait....g
  • Reply 6 of 73
    1/17/02---Being Assembled

ordered 1/7/02
  • Reply 7 of 73
    fran441fran441 Posts: 3,715member
    [quote]Belle, you are probably right...don't know why the Apple Store always ships last...you would think it would get first crack at the new stuff...this happened with my last iMac...ordered from apple store....wasn't set to ship for a week or more, so i canceled and ordered at an on-line store (it was cheaper too, since i didn't have to pay taxes) and got it the next day...now the same thing may be happening...i want to support the apple store, but may end up changing my order to a different on-line store... or maybe just cool my jets and wait....g <hr></blockquote>

The thing is that Apple has a sale with you already. I'm guessing that they believe that if they get them to the actual retail stores first, they will sell more of them to new Mac buyers. Plus, it's cheaper for them to run the online store then it is to run the retail stores. If the stores are sitting there without product to sell, they lose more money.

That's why the retail stores will have the iMac on the 21st, and why they might not ship fromt he online store until the 31st (they will ship this month, but there will probably only be a few and as late as possible).
  • Reply 8 of 73
    1/18/02---Being Assembled

ordered 1/7/02
  • Reply 9 of 73
    1/19/02--Being Assembled
  • Reply 10 of 73
    1/19/02--Being Assembled. :o

[ 01-19-2002: Message edited by: Macintosh ]</p>
  • Reply 11 of 73
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    [quote]

Being Assembled.

<hr></blockquote>

That's as bad as "Backordered" which is what I get from MacMall. I want my computer.
  • Reply 12 of 73
    1/20/02--being assembled....

soon, please, soon
  • Reply 13 of 73
    1/20/02--Being Assembled.

:::CRYING:::
  • Reply 14 of 73
    The Apple retail stores will be selling the new iMac G4/800 tomorrow.
  • Reply 15 of 73
    crusadercrusader Posts: 1,129member
    [quote] The Apple retail stores will be selling the new iMac G4/800 tomorrow. <hr></blockquote>

I hope I will be able to go get one.
  • Reply 16 of 73
    1/21/02--Being Assembled.....Still!

well, it is a holiday....here's to hoping that i see it changed tomorrow....gonna be a happy old man when i see it changed to "being Prepped For Shipment"....g
  • Reply 17 of 73
    1/21/02--Being Assembled
  • Reply 18 of 73
    1/22/02--Being Assembled...

hopefully this is the last day i see that phrase...g
  • Reply 19 of 73
    well yesterday was the last day i saw "being assembled"

1/23/02---now i see "partially shipped"

of course the shipped part is office v.X

iMac still not shipped

g
  • Reply 20 of 73
    The Salem, NH retail store says that the new iMacs will be shipping to their stores on 1/29. I'm guessing that's when the first iMacs will ship as well.