Rumor: Apple's 'iPhone 6' at final stage before mass production, on track for Sept. 9 debut

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 56
    roly wrote: »
    cali wrote: »
    I have a feeling they'll drop the numbering and announce it as "the new iPhone".

Would be good, since we don't have 'MacBook Pro 5S' and the like. The new iPhone would be nice and simple.

Nice and confusing, more like.
  • Reply 42 of 56
    sog35 wrote: »
    I have a feeling they'll drop the numbering and announce it as "the new iPhone".

agree with this

iPhoneAir - 4.7
    iPhonePro - 5.5
    iPhoneColor - 4.0 - basically iPhone5S in plastic

Nope.
  • Reply 43 of 56
    solipsismx wrote: »
    dasanman69 wrote: »
    It's something only a blind man can hear. ;)

That at least makes sense.

Except to a leper. ????
  • Reply 44 of 56
    No, not in the slightest. The iPad proves this.

THANK YOU. I was about to mention this. With Apple the opposite is true where numbering is not typically part of their culture. Not sure why they put numbers after iPhones. We didn't have an iPod 4, they dropped numbers for iPad also. I don't think they'll call the next iPhone "iPhone 2014 revision", that's just annoying. They'll just sell it like all their other devices (iPod 5th gen). I've noticed the back of all iPhones just read "iPhone". This gives the back panel a clean look and announcing the next version as "The new iPhone" isn't far from reality.

I just feel like "iPhone 6" is beginning to be too much.

They should call it the iPhone S6 just to piss Samsung off.
  • Reply 45 of 56
    sockrolid wrote: »

Maybe.  It would get rid of that awkward "S" name suffix for the "tock" years.
    And it would avoid any possibility of a terrible name like "iPhone 5CS".

But without model numbers, I think it will be necessary to refer to iPhone models by year.
    As in "the small 2014 iPhone" and "the big 2014 iPhone".  (Or "the 2014 iPhone Air" etc.)

The iPhone 5CS would be a terrible name, I agree.

But what about the iPhone 5sc? Seems good to go.
  • Reply 46 of 56
    And now that I wrote that, I'm not so sure. Introducing the "2015 model" when it's still 2014 just seems to clash with Apple's style. Well we'll soon know.

Good to see your doubt. Calling the 2014 iPhone the 2015 iPhone would be the height of folly.
  • Reply 47 of 56
    Accept it has not been done, the IPad with no name was 3rd, it never was sold after 4th came out titled "retina", and new one is "air" and even new mini is "retina mini"

The iPad 2 is sold today, alongside the iPad and the iPad Air. The iPad is better than the iPad 2.
    <span style="line-height:1.4em;">And it would avoid any possibility of a terrible name like "iPhone 5CS".</span>

It’d be 5SC.

Strictly speaking, the iPad you refer to is called the new iPad, which just goes to show how daft and confusing it was, and why they should stick to numbers or colourfully descriptive nomenclatures.
  • Reply 48 of 56
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Strictly speaking, the iPad you refer to is called the new iPad, which just goes to show how daft and confusing it was, and why they should stick to numbers or colourfully descriptive nomenclatures.

Because it’s new. After which time it is no longer called new. It is new in the same way the current MacBook Air, Pro, iMac, and Mac Pro are new, and will no longer be new in the same way once they are no longer. It is not part of the product name nor its designation.

• Reply 49 of 56

Because it’s new. After which time it is no longer called new. It is new in the same way the current MacBook Air, Pro, iMac, and Mac Pro are new, and will no longer be new in the same way once they are no longer. It is not part of the product name nor its designation.

I thought it was part of the product name, though; I remember eyebrows being raised at the time.
  • Reply 50 of 56
    jamesvjamesv Posts: 33member
    The iPhone has been a series of models.
    Original
    3G series (3G, 3GS)
    4 series (4, 4S)
    5 series (5, 5C, 5S)
    If there are going to be 2 different sizes in the next series of which will undoubtedly be the thinnest & lightest iphone(s) to date then I believe they I'll be introduced by the air moniker or possibly a different name. My prediction is iPhone Air (4.7) iPhone Air Pro (5.5). If there is a 5.5 I think it will have a faster clocked A8 chip along with a little better camera features (protruding) to justify the price hike other than just having a little bigger screen.
  • Reply 51 of 56
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    iPhone 9. This time it's personal.
  • Reply 52 of 56
    Originally Posted by Jamesv View Post

...iPhone Air Pro...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO

• Reply 53 of 56
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Jamesv View Post

...iPhone Air Pro...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH NOOOOOOOOOO

To be followed by the Late 2016 iPhone Air Pro Nano.

Plain ol' "iPhone 6" doesn't sound so bad NOW, does it? :)

• Reply 54 of 56

This year the iPhone…

• 4 will be dropped entirely.

• 4S (3.5") with 4GB storage replaces the 4 as the "developing markets" phone.

• 5C (4.0") will continue with Touch ID and two new patterned backsides - flowers and blue with white polka dots.

• 5S (4.0") will continue with minor updates.

• 6 (4.7") as rumored.

• 6L (5.5") as rumored.

Next year the iPhone…

• 6S (4.0") will have  performance and feature upgrades in the same style as the original 6 and replace both the 4 and 5 series.

• 6M (4.7") will have performance and feature upgrades and replace the 6.

• 6L (5.5") will continue with minor performance and feature upgrades.

• The entire iPad line will get cell phone capability and get the designations XL, XXL, and XXXL.

?:smokey:

• Reply 55 of 56
    I'm really excited for the new iphone to finally come out!! I just hope exofab.com makes a protective case for it. Its really cool, and doesn%u2019t add bulk or weight to the phone. I love the colors and that I can stick it to glass for hands free selfie pictures. I want to keep using one when I get the new iPhone.