iMac is now sitting in my home (and i'm sitting here at work!)

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 73
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    Congrats. Can't wait to her about how much you love it
  • Reply 62 of 73
    murbotmurbot Posts: 5,262member
    Well, fuck. No iMac coming today.

The Mac Gods looked at me today and said "Hey, he looks a little excited down there today. Let's fuck him over."

I really hope I have the restraint not to kill someone this weekend in a fit of rage.

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: murbot ]</p>
  • Reply 63 of 73
    thegeldingthegelding Posts: 3,230member
    Delivered ALBUQUERQUE NM 02/01/2002 12:34

perhaps i should fake an injury at work so i can go home early... g

of course murbot may come down and break my legs and then i really would have a reason to leave early....hope yours comes soon...is your store open on the weekends?? g

[ 02-01-2002: Message edited by: thegelding ]</p>
  • Reply 64 of 73
    i have not seen it yet (damnit!), but my wife, after seeing the box, said, "where is the rest of it? i don't think you got everything delivered g, the box is too small." told her, "nope, that's it." must leave soon....g
  • Reply 65 of 73
    idudeidude Posts: 352member
    When you guys get your iMacs (if you ever do) could you make sure to post "reviews? I need something to convince my dad to get me one!
  • Reply 66 of 73
    and pics too!
  • Reply 67 of 73
    [quote]Originally posted by iDude:

<strong>When you guys get your iMacs (if you ever do) could you make sure to post "reviews? I need something to convince my dad to get me one!</strong><hr></blockquote>

I will try to post a picture by picture account of my iMac. I will do a review too, step by step.

After owning my G4 Cube I can honestlky say it blows. I wish I would have gotten an iBook for the same price I payed for my pretty G4 tissue box.

But the iMac is probably going to get glowing reviews, especially from me.
  • Reply 68 of 73
    hope you guys aren't mad at me....but i didn't even up-grade the shipping option...went with the free shipping that should have taken longer....just got lucky i guess....will be playing tonight....the kids don't even know i was getting a new computer...of course when i say "i was getting" really means "i was buying for them"...oh well, i stay up later than they do....g
  • Reply 69 of 73
    [quote]Originally posted by thegelding:

<strong>hope you guys aren't mad at me....but i didn't even up-grade the shipping option...went with the free shipping that should have taken longer....just got lucky i guess....will be playing tonight....the kids don't even know i was getting a new computer...of course when i say "i was getting" really means "i was buying for them"...oh well, i stay up later than they do....g</strong><hr></blockquote>

im still being assembled

• Reply 70 of 73
    imacfpimacfp Posts: 750member
    Glad you got your computer and I look forward to your review and pics. I just called MacMall and they told me they hope to get a shipment in Monday or Tuesday of next week.
  • Reply 71 of 73
    I am maintaining my Zen, still hasn't shipped. I am tiding myself over by buying software (Office v.X Education, baby), compulsively cleaning my desk and staring at my iSub. Also I take out a DVD-R from time to time to look at it. They is pretty.

I guess at this point it should be shipping in 1-3 weeks, since it was 3-5 when I ordered it. I can wait. I can. I can.

No, I can't.

I hope my beige G3 doesn't think I don't love it.
  • Reply 72 of 73
    I'm proud to say that my parents, after having used Windows for about a decade, were finally convinced to replace their Dell with a new iMac!

I can't wait to help them set it up. I'm going to be hooking them up with all their software, and showing them around OS X, how to set up a Mac, and the basic Apple philosophy. Damn it feels so great to have converted someone to Mac from Windows.

What finally did it is I collected reviews of OS X and the new iMac, printed them all out and mailed them to my parents. I literally sent about 15 articles praising OS X as being superior to Windows, and many articles gushing over the new iMac.

First thing I'm going to do when they get it, is pick it up by it's "joint", and then I'm going to load Quake 3 Arena and get some framerates! I've got a bunch of custom Quake 3 levels that I'm sure will blow away my dad!
  • Reply 73 of 73
    [quote]Originally posted by Junkyard Dawg:

<strong>I'm proud to say that my parents, after having used Windows for about a decade, were finally convinced to replace their Dell with a new iMac!

I can't wait to help them set it up. I'm going to be hooking them up with all their software, and showing them around OS X, how to set up a Mac, and the basic Apple philosophy. Damn it feels so great to have converted someone to Mac from Windows.

What finally did it is I collected reviews of OS X and the new iMac, printed them all out and mailed them to my parents. I literally sent about 15 articles praising OS X as being superior to Windows, and many articles gushing over the new iMac.

First thing I'm going to do when they get it, is pick it up by it's "joint", and then I'm going to load Quake 3 Arena and get some framerates! I've got a bunch of custom Quake 3 levels that I'm sure will blow away my dad!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Thats great news!