Sketchy report claims photos show 5.5-inch 'iPhone 6L' display, logic board and 2,915mAh battery

Comments

• Reply 41 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

I reported his post immediately. You, a moderator, also saw it quickly, as you posted a comment noting to mstone that it was a personal attack. However, nothing was done.

I, not a moderator, mentioned it in the open forum, which is me backing you up on that infraction. I feel that it really should just be pointed out and then deleted when a reasonable, longtime forum member does it on a very rare occasion. Jumping to be being banned and passive-aggressively attacking him on his other posts in other threads isn't helping your position.

I presumed that your witty subtitle meant that you were a moderator; my mistake. Judging from your appalling comment above, it's a good thing you're not, although it seems that none of the others are any better. 

I used to praise the moderation of AI, as I thought they did it very well, which was partly why it was so much better here than MacRumors, for instance.

• Reply 42 of 88
    kkerstkkerst Posts: 330member
    The Far East.
  • Reply 43 of 88
    Quote:

Originally Posted by kkerst View Post

The Far East.

is a long way from...

• Reply 44 of 88
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I did some quick measurements in Illustrator with Photoshop. Now it looks like a 4.7 not 5,5

Just curious, what did you use as a size reference? I would have thought perhaps the home button.

Yeah, home button. It is just an approximation because also I made some other assumptions. After using Photoshop to skew the image to squared up perspective, I checked the corner radius and the bezel widths of the current iPhone. I scaled the image of the phone to match all those measurements and the screen measured 4.7 almost exactly.

• Reply 45 of 88
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by diplication View Post

Quote:

I did some quick measurements in Illustrator with Photoshop. Now it looks like a 4.7 not 5,5

Just curious, what did you use as a size reference? I would have thought perhaps the home button.

Yeah, home button. It is just an approximation because also I made some other assumptions. After using Photoshop to skew the image to squared up perspective, I checked the corner radius and the bezel widths of the current iPhone. I scaled the image of the phone to match all those measurements and the screen measured 4.7 almost exactly.

Looks more like 4.67".

• Reply 46 of 88
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member

From this, we could also determine the size of the hand if the screen actually is 5.5”, at which point we’d realize that it would have to be too large for that to be believable.

• Reply 47 of 88
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:

Looks more like 4.67".

Wow! I know it was just a quick approximation, but I didn't realize I was so far off. 

better put a /s in case someone takes that literally.

• Reply 48 of 88
    mpantonempantone Posts: 2,033member
    Quote:

I reported his post immediately. You, a moderator, also saw it quickly, as you posted a comment noting to mstone that it was a personal attack. However, nothing was done.

Moderators here are CLEARLY identified as such in their title.

You have been here on this site long enough where you should know this.

I have no further comment at this time about the rest of your drivel, regardless of its merit.

• Reply 49 of 88
    mpantone wrote: »

<span style="line-height:1.4em;">I reported his post immediately. You, a moderator, also saw it quickly, as you posted a comment noting to mstone that it was a personal attack. However, nothing was done.</span>
    Moderators here are [SIZE=24px]CLEARLY[/SIZE] identified as such in their title.

You have been here on this site long enough where you should know this.

I have no further comment at this time about the rest of your drivel, regardless of its merit.

I have nothing much to say about the bilge that you are so eager to spew forth, other than it would be better for you not to spill it in the first place.

SolipsismX calls himself a global moderator, but he apparently isn't one.
  • Reply 50 of 88
    Quote:

I have nothing much to say about the bilge that you are so eager to spew forth, other than it would be better for you not to spill it in the first place.

I'm sorry, his last post (#42) clearly states that he is not a moderator. 

You have proven NOTHING.

But keep posting. You are headed toward an amusing conclusion.

• Reply 51 of 88

I'm sorry, his last post (#42) clearly states that he is not a moderator. 

You have proven [SIZE=72px]NOTHING.[/SIZE]

But keep posting. You are headed toward an amusing conclusion.

No need for the red ink, even if you are seeing red.

His subtitle is global moderator misspelt, but perhaps you're too blinded by rage to see that.
  • Reply 52 of 88
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member

1) I could of sworn we addressed this about 2 hours ago.

2) No, it doesn't say I'm a Global Moderator.

Mogul [noun, important person] + Gab [verb, talk] + -ator [forms an agent noun] = joke.
  • Reply 53 of 88
    Quote:

No need for the red ink, even if you are seeing red.

His subtitle is global moderator misspelt, but perhaps you're too blinded by rage to see that.

LOL, you are thick.

"Mogul Gaberator" is far away enough from "Global Moderator" to not confuse anyone but a dimwit. Even non-native English speakers should not be confused by the matter.

No one is going to think I'm a law enforcement officer if my online title is "Peach of Cilice" (which it is not, I should point out to the Gullible).

Anyhow, good luck with that, Mr. Frost. Which seemingly is accurate in describing your brain functions. We appreciate your honesty in how you registered your AI forum username.

:D 

• Reply 54 of 88
    solipsismx wrote: »

1) I could of sworn we addressed this about 2 hours ago.

2) No, it doesn't say I'm a Global Moderator.

Yeah, I didn't say that; time for your reading glasses...again.
  • Reply 55 of 88
    Quote:

I presumed that your witty subtitle meant that you were a moderator; my mistake. Judging from your appalling comment above, it's a good thing you're not, although it seems that none of the others are any better. 

Actually you did.

You are a liar and a coward.

• Reply 56 of 88
    Yeah, I didn't say that; time for your reading glasses...again.

Yes, you did.

So where have I ever called myself a Global Moderator? I can't wait to find out¡
  • Reply 57 of 88
    "Mogul Gaberator" is far away enough from "Global Moderator" to not confuse anyone but a dimwit. Even non-native English speakers should not be confused by the matter.

If one has dyslexia I could see how one would get confused.
  • Reply 58 of 88
    Quote:

Here is yet another example of YOUR PATHETIC LIES.

I implored AI forum moderation to stop your garbage.

• Reply 59 of 88
    solipsismx wrote: »

If one has dyslexia I could see how one would get confused.

Really? That would mean putting yourself into someone else's boots, which would be a step too far for you.
  • Reply 60 of 88

You lack mental capacity, Mr. Frost.

Just my own assessment...