Apple exec Eddy Cue puts Los Altos, Calif., home on the market for nearly $4M

Comments

• Reply 21 of 52
    Damn, that's a bargain in that area, for that house. Real estate in this area is fucking crazy.
  • Reply 22 of 52
    rogifanrogifan Posts: 10,669member
    paxman wrote: »
    Now I am even more intrigued. I am familiar with Foster's work and a big fan. I would love to be able to use Foster to remodel my house, but I suspect the initial meeting would cost more than I could possibly hope to afford. Ever.

This is the contractor doing the work. Stuff looks amazing.

http://www.vanacker.com
  • Reply 23 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by cincytee View Post

3,700-sq.-ft. home on less than half an acre is worth $500K-$1M in normal parts of the country. When will companies realise the money they're wasting in employee expenses by clustering on the coasts and ignoring the vast (pun intended) majority of the country?

There's a reason why the coast is attractive.

• Reply 24 of 52
    Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Would be interesting to see what it looks like when he's done remodeling it.

Like this.

Originally Posted by sog35 View Post

Interior is way to white

Definitely. Learn how to paint, Eddie! A nice taupe or blue-grey does wonders.

• Reply 25 of 52
    flaneurflaneur Posts: 4,526member
    sog35 wrote: »
    Interior is way to white

Normally I pass on this, but in your case . . .

Will you guys please go back to your first-grade readers? The word is "TOO," as in "TOO MUCH"!

When it's a preposition, as in "go back to your first-grade readers," it's "TO."

Is this really too hard for you to understand?
  • Reply 26 of 52
    Photos adjusting by a realtor. They are SUPER saturated! Especially the last eight.
  • Reply 27 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

Originally Posted by Rogifan View Post

Would be interesting to see what it looks like when he's done remodeling it.

Like this.

Interior is way to white

Definitely. Learn how to paint, Eddie! A nice taupe or blue-grey does wonders.

Lol! To funny

• Reply 28 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by imagladry View Post

Photos adjusting by a realtor. They are SUPER saturated! Especially the last eight.

You think they are super saturated? Fair enough, but I think they would be better with less saturation.

• Reply 29 of 52

I see no taste in that house.  Very modest, but.  

Can anyone give link for Steve Jobs' home inside photos.

• Reply 30 of 52
    Lol! To funny

Now you're being too funny. Please see post #28 above.
  • Reply 31 of 52
    Wonder why Eddie is selling THIS....it's beautiful.
  • Reply 32 of 52
    boredumbboredumb Posts: 1,418member

In other news, this site is being renamed,

AppleInsidYerHouse...

• Reply 33 of 52
    I could preach to you about proper capitalization....but I won't.

For emphasis, so you can see it. I'm not preaching, but I am trying to plug a hole in your . . . education, I guess.

This emasculated "too" has been spreading around the Internet like a virus. Sorry you have to be the scapegoat today. Apologies.
  • Reply 34 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,712member
    In a few decades grammer will be obsolete

I think grammar already is for some, but gammer will be around for a long time I am sure. ;)
  • Reply 35 of 52
    Quote:

I could preach to you about proper capitalization....but I won't.

OK, I'll preach to everyone about not caring about typos or even flat out errors on internet comments. Just stop it. This is not peer reviewed journals or resumes. It's dashed off, first draft text that people rarely proofread because time. Going around correcting people's errors on message boards just makes you look creepy OCD. And assuming the error is due to lack of education is just bullshit, abusive nonsense. OK, now come at me for starting a sentence with and.

I remember reading an article by author James Michener where he talks about how his editors make him look good because his own early draft manuscripts are so full of errors and mistakes.

• Reply 36 of 52
    MacProMacPro Posts: 19,712member
    OK, I'll preach to everyone about not caring about typos or even flat out errors on internet comments. Just stop it. This is not peer reviewed journals or resumes. It's dashed off, first draft text that people rarely proofread because time. Going around correcting people's errors on message boards just makes you look creepy OCD. And assuming the error is due to lack of education is just bullshit, abusive nonsense. OK, now come at me for starting a sentence with and.

I remember reading an article by author James Michener where he talks about how his editors make him look good because his own early draft manuscripts are so full of errors and mistakes.

... because [?] time ... ?

OK ... Just Kidding ... :)
  • Reply 37 of 52
    cincyteecincytee Posts: 403member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by mstone View Post

It is about the quality of life. The upper management and high level employees don't want to live in the midwest. They want vistas of mountains and oceans, sailboats, fine dining, fancy country clubs, private schools, expensive boutiques and malls and they don't want to have to drive 6 hours to get the oil changed on their Bentley.

Mountain and ocean vistas I'll have to concede, but the rest are covered, actually, in a dozen inland cities. That they don't know that kind of speaks to my point.

• Reply 38 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Hurricanes?

• Reply 39 of 52
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Those parasitic fish that swim up your urethra?

• Reply 40 of 52
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Quiet_Desperation View Post

OK, I'll preach to everyone about not caring about typos or even flat out errors on internet comments. Just stop it. This is not peer reviewed journals or resumes. It's dashed off, first draft text that people rarely proofread because time. Going around correcting people's errors on message boards just makes you look creepy OCD.

I've never understood why anyone would publish anything to the entire planet and not bother to read over it to make sure it says what was intended. (Just took 7 seconds to check the previous sentence. It's just not that burdensome.)