Shares of Apple hit $100 as Morgan Stanley provides strong endorsement to investors

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    What has apple changed when aapl was at $400 ? Stock market is full of lies.
  • Reply 22 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Benjamin Frost View Post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

You know how you say Apple shouldn't bring politics into their business?  Well I don't agree, but you definitely shouldn't bring politics into conversation about Apple.

Ever the intolerant. 

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crowley View Post

Shut up BF.

Proving my point.

• Reply 23 of 62
    allenbfallenbf Posts: 993member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Apple ][ View Post

I've written this before on this forum, but I sometimes visit Crackberry when I need to laugh at other people, and those people are just totally delusional.

Some of them actually think that the Passport is going to be a hit. What's going on at Crackberry is the same thing that is taking place in Ferguson, delusional people who live in their own reality, a sick reality.

I guess that could be argued about either side.  (Not Apple vs Blackberry, obviously).  I don't have a 'side' on the Ferguson issue.  I'll only say that if it were me, I couldn't stay out all night looting and burning buildings down.  I have a little thing called a job that I go to 5-6 days per week.  Gets in the way of my protesting.

• Reply 24 of 62
    apple ][ wrote: »
    Wow, the fund ownership looks really low right now.

Imagine how much higher AAPL can go when funds start buying up again.

The biggest players I believe understand that the propped-up economy is still on shaky ground and they are holding onto their cash in the event there is another massive 2008-level crash.
  • Reply 25 of 62
    apple ][apple ][ Posts: 9,233member
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

What typically happens is there's an adjustment after those events as they've already been anticipated and after they are done, there's nothing after that to justify traders increasing the price.

There's often a small sell off, buy the rumor, sell the news type of scenario, but that's just a minor, temporary thing, and I believe that AAPL will only continue to rise, because after the event, massive sale numbers will eventually be released, and that will drive the stock up, in anticipation of yet another record earnings.

• Reply 26 of 62
    originalg wrote: »

"<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);display:inline;float:none;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;word-spacing:0px;">The previous historical record for top market cap belonged to Microsoft, whose market value topped out at</span>
    <strong style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;word-spacing:0px;">$616.3 billion</strong>
    <span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);display:inline;float:none;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;word-spacing:0px;">in December 1999"</span>

That doesn't make sense. Apple has about 10% less (equivalent) shares than it did when it hit its previous ATH. It's got about 6 billion shares now, so figure about 6.5 billion. at $100/share, that would make its market cap then $650 billion or thereabouts. Of course, we aren't taking inflation into account....
  • Reply 27 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

The biggest players I believe understand that the propped-up economy is still on shaky ground and they are holding onto their cash in the event there is another massive 2008-level crash.

I'm not one of those crazy conspiracy theorists and pessimists who constantly preach doom and gloom, but I too believe that what goes up must come down, and the bull market has been going on for many years now.

I don't have 100% of my cash in the market either, but when the next crash comes, I will be ready, and I will be entering with all of my reserves.

• Reply 28 of 62
    Next stop, $60.
    After another 7/1 split?
  • Reply 29 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by CustomTB View Post

Quote:

Next stop, $60.

After another 7/1 split?

I was sarcastically referencing the pre-split drop to $385 from $700. $60 would be roughly the equivalent.

• Reply 30 of 62
    Huberty has a respectable track record and makes a good case for an 'outperform' rating
    One thing huberty left out is 'Apple Loyalty' which will create demand
  • Reply 31 of 62
    crowleycrowley Posts: 10,453member
    Quote:

Proving my point.

If you think tolerance should extend to people who are deliberately provoking you then you're definitely an idiot.

Again, shut up.

• Reply 32 of 62
    sog35 wrote: »
    To the uneducated.

What has changed?

Apple has increased the dividend by 24%
    Apple has increased their buyback to 90,000,000,000

When the stock was sub $400 EPS growth was NEGATIVE 10%
    Now EPS growth is at POSITIVE 15-20%

People need to learn to INVEST instead of always blaming Wall Street.
    Use your BRAIN people and LEARN.
    Instead of blaming Wall STreet for the tech crash in 2000 learn PE ratios, EPS, Balance Sheets, CAsh flows, ect.
    Instead of blaming WAll STreet for the great recession learn to take ADVANTAGE of low prices.  If you bough the S&P500 in Jan2009 when it crash at 800 you would have made 150% today.

Learn to take advantage of Wall STreets manipulations and greed.  That's why I bought Apple stock at $500, $475, $450, and $400.  Take advantage of manipulations instead of crying tears.  In the long run companies that make PROFITS will appreciate.
    All of this can be calculated when Aapl is at $500 . I don't think Apple has true growth . The true reason is the big investors cheated enough shares from small investors . So AAPL rises.
  • Reply 33 of 62
    bushman4 wrote: »
    Huberty has a respectable track record and makes a good case for an 'outperform' rating
    One thing huberty left out is 'Apple Loyalty' which will create demand

Until relatively recently she's had an abysmal track record. Look up her history with Phillip Elmer DeWitt, who keeps track of Apple analyst performance. I think Shaw Wu no longer covers Apple. He was terrible.
  • Reply 34 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post

The true reason is the big investors cheated enough shares from small investors . 

How did small investors get cheated?

Nobody forces anybody to sell any stock.

There is a lot of panic selling that takes place sometimes, but those people are morons, in my humble opinion.

• Reply 35 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Sacto Joe View Post

That doesn't make sense. Apple has about 10% less (equivalent) shares than it did when it hit its previous ATH. It's got about 6 billion shares now, so figure about 6.5 billion. at $100/share, that would make its market cap then $650 billion or thereabouts. Of course, we aren't taking inflation into account....

Except that the current share price takes into account how many shares are available to be traded. (hence, "total market cap" isn't really affected by how many shares are available.) 

Your inflation point is a good one though.

• Reply 36 of 62
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Where's Constable Odo? Has he apologized yet for his thousands of ranting posts demanding Cook's head and claiming the stock had nowhere to go but down, when it was @ $400, if Cook stayed?

No, of course he hasn't. On the internet, you never have to take back, or be held accountable for anything. Just bash away, then when proven wrong, pretend like nothing happened.

The stock is now higher than its been in Apple's history. Inevitably, it will take a dive at some point again. Thats how these things work. But that doesn't mean we need to start shrieking for heads to roll and management change, or for Apple to abandon their values and philosophies in a fruitless way to up the stock. Its a meaningless metric that has little to do with performance and everything to do with a few people making alot of money. Apple will be fine as long as they hold on to the values which has made them great, and so far, theyve done just that.
  • Reply 37 of 62
    If original's Microsoft number is correct, then Apple actually has the highest all time market cap at $668B in September of 2012. See: http://seekingalpha.com/article/2405845-apples-eps-and-all-time-high-are-higher-than-you-think
  • Reply 38 of 62
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,322moderator
    sog35 wrote: »
    If you are doing it right you value the stock at the present value of future cash flows.

The future cashflows of course being entirely unknown, making present valuations highly speculative. Not to mention the lack of correlation between the earnings amounts and the valuation amounts.
  • Reply 39 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by crazy_mac_lover View Post

All of this can be calculated when Aapl is at $500 . I don't think Apple has true growth . The true reason is the big investors cheated enough shares from small investors . So AAPL rises.

That makes no sense. 

You don't need to 'think', there are true facts and measures of financial performance that you can check.  If you did any checking you would see apple has had plenty of growth and while one can not predict the future, a certain amount of growth is nearly assured. 

• Reply 40 of 62
    sacto joe wrote: »
    originalg wrote: »

"<span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);display:inline;float:none;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;word-spacing:0px;">The previous historical record for top market cap belonged to Microsoft, whose market value topped out at</span>
    <strong style="color:rgb(34,34,34);font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;word-spacing:0px;">$616.3 billion</strong>
    <span style="color:rgb(34,34,34);display:inline;float:none;font-style:normal;letter-spacing:normal;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;word-spacing:0px;">in December 1999"</span>

Actually, AAPL has 5.9 billion shares outstanding.