Apple releases OS X Yosemite Public Beta 2, new iTunes 12 beta for testing

Comments

• Reply 21 of 62
    tallest skiltallest skil Posts: 43,388member
    Originally Posted by petieg View Post

Oh that's right, they didn't create the new iTunes for you!  Recently Added is no big deal for you but I bet it is quite useful for other people.  What is the big deal?  

Yeah, that’s not a valid response.

• Reply 22 of 62
    solipsismxsolipsismx Posts: 19,566member
    Insane! Then why are the assets even in there? What’s the point of trying if you’re not going to do it right? That doesn’t sound like Apple.

1) Years ago they announced Resolution Independence as a major new feature for some version of Mac OS X before silently dropping it from their website months later. I'm sure there have been other incomplete features they had to adjust for whatever reason.

2) if they were going to include it then why take the time to alter the System Preferences title a few betas back? I agree that Apple doing a "sike!" sounds un-Apple but so does changing the setting just to rename it again when they complete it in the next month. I hope you're right but I don't think it's likely.
  • Reply 23 of 62
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    When you want to post something meaningful to the discussion, using your computer powered by electricity and connected to the Internet, feel free. How is this post anything but worthless? I’d call you blindingly ignorant, but you know better, so it’s a different word that starts with I which describes you…

Talk about the pot callng the kettle black. Leveraging filesystem attributes as exposed functionality you don't want to see is something Apple most certainly received requests to actually see.

More importantly, It's Beta Software. Send them feedback to discuss the value or lack of value such exposed features offer.
  • Reply 24 of 62
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Leveraging filesystem attributes as exposed functionality you don’t want to see is something Apple most certainly received requests to actually see.

Eh? You could always see your recently added. Always.

• Reply 25 of 62

No, they have reordered it as well as remove sections which aren't normal associated with the file type. E.g. You don't have the option for Album Name when the media kind is a TV Show. Makes sense as why would you need an Album Name on a TV Show. This is useful however when you import your own copies of TV shows and want to add the TV Show name on the Album Name to make it easier when looking through your recently added list etc. It's not like they've killed iTunes or anything but I just liked having the get info box with all the options as it made multiple data entry much easier then doing it in a group in stead of having to do it one by one in the list view. I would show you but I rolled back to 11 already.

• Reply 26 of 62
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tallest Skil View Post

It’s just reorganized. I don’t think they’ve removed anything.

No, they have reordered it as well as remove sections which aren't normal associated with the file type. E.g. You don't have the option for Album Name when the media kind is a TV Show. Makes sense as why would you need an Album Name on a TV Show. This is useful however when you import your own copies of TV shows and want to add the TV Show name on the Album Name to make it easier when looking through your recently added list etc. It's not like they've killed iTunes or anything but I just liked having the get info box with all the options as it made multiple data entry much easier then doing it in a group in stead of having to do it one by one in the list view. I would show you but I rolled back to 11 already.

• Reply 27 of 62
    Quote:

Originally Posted by SolipsismX View Post

I'd say every complaint on this site is a first world problem.

Ha, ha!  Very true.

This one seems worse than most.

• Reply 28 of 62
    hillstoneshillstones Posts: 1,490member
    Quote:

STILL can’t resize my artwork. When was it they removed that ability for no reason whatsoever? Was it iTunes 9?

iTunes 11 removed the ability to resize your artwork.  iTunes 10 had the ability to adjust the artwork size.  In iTunes 11 and 12, you can only adjust the artwork size in the list view, after turning on the option to show art.  There is a slider to adjust the size in the view option window, but it is very limited.  iTunes 12 is awful since it removed the option to always show the sidebar.  Now you have to do multiple clicks and different views to see it appear and then disappear with other views.

• Reply 29 of 62
    gtrgtr Posts: 3,231member
    In DP6, I keep seeing graphical glitches that lead me to believe Dark Mode IS coming system-wide to native applications’ UI. And that makes me really happy.

Try not to look forward to the dark side.

There is much hate, anger, and suffering there.

• Reply 30 of 62
    Quote:

Yeah, that’s not a valid response.

Nothing you say is a valid response. I hope they keep recently added. 

Mostly because I know you don't like it. 

Apple doesn't design everything with your opinions in mind. 

If they did, they would be out of business already. 

• Reply 31 of 62
    hillstones wrote: »
    iTunes 11 removed the ability to resize your artwork.  iTunes 10 had the ability to adjust the artwork size.  In iTunes 11 and 12, you can only adjust the artwork size in the list view, after turning on the option to show art.  There is a slider to adjust the size in the view option window, but it is very limited.  iTunes 12 is awful since it removed the option to always show the sidebar.  Now you have to do multiple clicks and different views to see it appear and then disappear with other views.

My complaint with the first beta of iTunes 12 is that no playlists would appear with Home Sharing networks. I had to reinstall ITunes 11.x. I wonder if that feature will be re-added.
  • Reply 32 of 62
    Originally Posted by pichael View Post

This is useful however when you import your own copies of TV shows and want to add the TV Show name on the Album Name to make it easier when looking through your recently added list etc.

Hmm… I don’t think I understand. Since you can search through metadata anyway, wouldn’t it just be easier to keep everything it its regular place?

…in stead of having to do it one by one in the list view.

You can still group edit just fine. I’m confused.

Originally Posted by r4d4 View Post

Nothing you say is a valid response.

Oh, okay. That’s good to know; thanks for clarifying.

I hope they keep recently added. Mostly because I know you don't like it. 

Enjoy having hate in your life.

Apple doesn't design everything with your useless, basement dweller opinions in mind. 

lol.

If they did, they would be out of business already.  

So the fact that the vast majority of what they do aligns with my opinions… doesn’t factor into your plan, then.

• Reply 33 of 62
    macxpressmacxpress Posts: 5,808member
    Its about damn time Apple released another public beta of Yosemite.
  • Reply 34 of 62
    Originally Posted by macxpress View Post

Its about damn time Apple released another public beta of Yosemite.

At least we now know the schedule. Every three DPs we get a new PB.

• Reply 35 of 62
    Quote:

Hopefully thats true. Would probably be nice to see one more PB before the GM is created. Like I've been saying, the more people that can get their hands on it who are helpful the better as the more situations Yosemite gets put in that developers don't necessarily do. 

• Reply 36 of 62

That's the average, but I would go with a couple days after ever other beta since I believe these public betas are based on dev beta 4 and 6.
  • Reply 37 of 62
    slurpyslurpy Posts: 5,384member
    Quote:

In Album view, there’s a new “Recently Added” category where, surprisingly enough, recently added music falls. 

Except I don’t give a flying frick about this, don’t want to see it at all, and there’s no option to remove it. My music is my music; when it was that I added it I couldn’t care less.

Stop acting like a whiny, entitled, sanctimonious child. I can imagine a shitload of people would care about easily finding music they recently added, myself included. The fact that you're having such a fit that YOU don't want to see it for some odd, irrational reason, and showing outrage at why it exists (because you know, Apple's entire existence is meant to please you and only you) is pathetic. That little category will not negatively affect anyone who does not use it, but will positively affect everyone else in a useful fashion. Try to be reasonable once in a while by looking past your own nose. 

• Reply 38 of 62
    Originally Posted by Slurpy View Post

Stop acting like a whiny, entitled, sanctimonious child.

Like I said, they really need to get these new devices out to relieve some of the tension here. People feel entitled to read their own emotions into others’ posts for absolutely no reason. ????

• Reply 39 of 62
    Quote:

Hmm… I don’t think I understand. Since you can search through metadata anyway, wouldn’t it just be easier to keep everything it its regular place?

I do keep it in the correct places as well as adding the information into the Album Name section as it makes it easier to find in a list of mixed Media Kinds. It's just what I'm used to so I prefer having the option available to me. There are a few sections which helps keep them grouped in the list view as well, it's not just the one section that I miss. I use the normal TV Shows section to view the programs but when sorting I like to use the list view as it's much more responsive.

• Reply 40 of 62

Anyone else in the Yosemite PB 2 getting lots of beach balls? Seems like every other time I switch between apps it beachballs for a second or two. I even restarted a couple of times. 

And before anyone says it...YES I KNOW ITS A BETA! I don't need to hear the smartass comments about its beta and stop complaining. I'm just asking if anyone else is experiencing this.