What folder in Windows does Safari keep its bookmarks?

Posted:
in Mac Software edited August 2014
I'm new to this forum so please bear with me. I swing both ways in that I am a windows user but I use Apple products like iTunes and Safari.

Here is my question.

In Windows Vista what folder does Safari keep its bookmarks in? I'm not familiar with Safari on Leopard itself but in the Windows version you can do an EXPORT and save them to a file. Long story, on the drive I'm working on I no longer have that option and I want to rescue my Safari bookmarks before I totally erase my HD.

after looking around in my folders I saw something called a plist or something like that. Could that be it? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mr. memr. me Posts: 3,221member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by joseschmoe View Post

after looking around in my folders I saw something called a plist or something like that. Could that be it? ...

The file is Bookmarks.plist.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr. Me View Post

The file is Bookmarks.plist.

Thanks!
  • Reply 3 of 4
    wplj42wplj42 Posts: 439member
    You can just as easily Import & Export Bookmarks by going to the File Menu in Safari.
  • Reply 4 of 4

My wife just opened Safari on her Windows computer and found all the bookmarks under her name on the menu bar gone.  Mine and others are still there, just her's are gone.

Looked in all the files I can think of and so far, I still can't find them.

Looked for the ".plist' talked about earlier but couldn't find any when doing a search.  Any idea where they may have gone?