Gazelle paying up to $350 cash for old iPhones if you act now; doesn't need them 'til Oct 10

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28

I'll stick to craigslist and get more than $205 bucks for my 64 gig iPhone 5 on verizon that's unlocked for domestic and international use, although it won't work on all non-Verizon LTE bands....if any.  

• Reply 22 of 28
    sog35 wrote: »
    Gazelle provides the box and packing materials.
    you are going to need to buy a box, foam, ect, and pay postage or convicne a troll on ebay to pay for it. And he will probably say not to insure it or he won't pay.

So you are going to use PayPay?  Then add another 3%.  Thats another $10 in fees.

You will also need to wipe your phone.
    You will need to take photo's of your phone.  Upload it.  Start an account (not everyone has an ebay/paypal account)
    Write a decription. Take bids.  Check your bids.  Email correspondence.  Answer stupid questions from low ballers. ect, ect.
    All that will take at LEAST 2 hours unless you are an experienced Ebay seller.

Also don't forget you are going to need a replacement phone while you wait for the 6 to come out.  With Gazzelle you can ship your phone AFTER you lock in the price in October.  Setting up another phone takes more time.

So lets review:

Ebay $350
    Less 10% listing fee $35
    Less 10% paypal fee $11
    Less shipping/insurance $25
    Less labor 2 hours - take picture of phone, wipe phone, write descriptions, open ebay account, open paypal account, email correspondence, buy box and matterial to ship product. Setup replacement phone while waiting for 6 to come $60
    Net Ebay $219

vs $190 for Gazzelle

So is it worth $30 to go through all that hasstle? 

Do you work for Gazelle?
  • Reply 23 of 28
    etkaletkal Posts: 10member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by NolaMacGuy View Post

what the hell... is this a sponsored post? the lengthy details copy seems straight out of their website or something.

Yeah, Gazelle is obviously paying them a lot to keep reposting this every day...
  • Reply 24 of 28
    The best place to sell your iPhone is http://www.cellbeach.com They pay way more than anyone else and they pay you fast!

I%u2019ve sold them three iphones and have had a perfect experience each time- and like I said, they pay the most of anyone online.
  • Reply 25 of 28
    Oct 10 is not "long after the iPhone 6 is going be on the market". Apple will still have shortages for various SKUs well into November as they normal do.

This is without question the WOSRT piece of journalism on this site ever, this is a PAOD ADVERTISEMENT.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    kenckenc Posts: 195member
    I was given a $200 credit for my iPhone 4, 32GB, at Verizon.
  • Reply 27 of 28
    Your mileage may vary, but the trade-in program on Apple's own website ($205) quotes me $10 more than Gazelle ($195) for my Verizon iPhone 5 black 64GB. I'm surprised to see this isn't mentioned in the article.